Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical It’s a Long Shot, but ... A Little Help Please!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brett4christ, Sep 17, 2019.

1. I know this will seem like a long shot to most of you, but there’s bound to be a couple of you that can solve these little mysteries of mine!

I have a friend that is relocating his shop/studio of 30+ years and is having to downsize. He’s a Harley guy and retired art professor, so MOST of his stuff is collected scrap for his sculpting and a collection of HD stuff that would put some dealers to shame! Deep in his collection was a hoard of parts from a long-gone Chevy dealership and a smattering of vintage Ford stuff. Among the NOS pieces was a 5-gallon bucket full of stainless body trim/molding. Trouble is, I have little to no idea what the stuff even is.

That’s where you books-o-wisdom come in! Can anyone help me ID these???

Group A
    [​IMG]

Group B
    [​IMG]

Group C
    [​IMG]

Group D
    [​IMG]

Group E
    [​IMG]

Group F
    [​IMG]

Group G
    [​IMG]

Group H
    [​IMG]

Group J
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  2. ...and if NOS part numbers help at all...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. oldolds

oldolds

Look up GM parts Wiki.com. It might be all one word. You put in part number and it usually will give you application.

4. slowmotion

slowmotion

Only one obvious to me is a '64 Impala spear section. Great collection if you can ID 'em, good luck!

brett4christ likes this.

5. vinfab

vinfab

There appears to be some tri five pieces in there. The three curved quarter panel pieces I believe are from a 56. The two shorter ones from a 4 door Sport Sedan, the longer one from a 4 door sedan. There may be some door and fender trim in there as well but would take better pictures and lengths to identify. There is also what appears to be 53/54 210 quarter trim, the pieces with a double horizonal bend.

Hnstray and brett4christ like this.
  6. Thanks! I felt sure those were '56 bits but the lengths were throwing me off a bit...didn't seem there was enough difference to be 2-dr vs 4-dr. And I "thought" the double-bend pieces would be '53-ish rear quarter trim.

Anyone else?

7. This one???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

label the piles (A-B-C etc) to make identifying easier for everyone.

brett4christ likes this.
  9. Done! Great suggestion!

10. the first two pics (A & B) have 56 chev four door rear spears, & 53 54 four door rear door side trim. The bulk of the N.O.S. in paper (E)looks like 53 54 two door belt moldings.

11. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

Group C looks like 46-48 Plymouth side trim.