Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Featured Classifieds: 1941 Ford Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 11, 2019.

1. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

:) Very true , but he has had it 3/4 years and could of just used old tires . Reading the ad , my gut instinct is he trying to hard on the weathered/patina look and sounds more like a flipper ad.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

3. 81husky

81husky

Almost all the old cars/trucks seem over priced to me, so I'll reserve comment on that. I do love how so many of these type of ads claim that with just a little work it will run. If it's so little, why don't you do it and make it easier to sell. "Ran when parked" is my other favorite.

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I agree .

Hnstray likes this.
  5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

That red one looks like a '41 to me, which makes me wary of the craigslist ad saying it's a '40.
    And yes, I would pay the asking price IF the seller did the "little work" to get it to "fire right up," as he says. But I would not pay that price for it as is. I don't need a pig in a poke.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    47ragtop likes this.
  6. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

um, @Ryan - you should buy this one!

7. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

why not have some real fun and buy it?

arkiehotrods likes this.
  9. Years ago I bought an exhaust of off eBay. Paid with PayPal. Exhaust didn't show up. Made a claim. PayPal told me yep, the seller didn't follow through. We have frozen their account, but there is no money in it for us to refund to you. If there ever is money in it again, we will send you a refund. Sharp eyed readers may note, they had frozen the account.. Money into a frozen account? Who does that? HOW would you do that? The punch line - They even kept their fee for the transaction. Emails questioning that practice went unanswered. PayPal "protection" is a joke.

Much more recently - I bought a factory second '32 grill shell, again off of eBay. Used PayPal again. Things went south fast. I got an email from the seller saying my order had been shipped. On the SAME DAY I got another email from someone saying "the item I had ordered" wasn't available, but should be restocked in 90 days. What "item I ordered"? The email didn't come from a company I recognized. WTF? The shell I ordered already shipped. It was a factory second, why would they be planning on restocking those? Who was this from?

Further investigation revealed I was dealing with the Hoffman Group. Yep, Johhny Law Motors or whatever they're called strikes again. All contacts in the emails were fake, the people/addresses don't actually exist. I asked for a refund.. The item that was going to be restocked in 90 days was a factory second. Or was the limit on PayPal claims 90 days? (I think it's longer than that now). But what about the note my item had shipped???? What shows up in my mailbox a coupe days later? An F'ing Johnny Law catalog. Complete with tracking number. Scumbags.

And so goes the claim to PayPal, including information on how they sent a catalog with a tracking number, and the weight on the tracking info clearly showed the item shipped could not have been a grill shell. PayPal investigates. "We're sorry, but the seller has shown a package was shipped and provided a tracking number that shows it was delivered" AKA - No refund for you!

Luckily Johnny Law refunded my money before I went after it again with paypal. But it once again showed PayPal isn't going to do much of anything to protect anyone. They have NO idea nor do they care what was sent. If there's a tracking number, they're done. "We're sorry, we see you bought a live adult elephant but the seller has a tracking number for a small Priority Mail package that was shown to be delivered to you so our investigation is over".

Punch line on this one? A month or so after an email from me telling Johnny Law where they could stick it, I got a request on Linked In to connect with some exec from Johhny Law Motors. I considered doing it just to post scathing reviews of the guy but life's too short.

I still use Paypal regularly, but I have no delusion's they'll be at all helpful if something goes south. THEY aren't going to lose money on a deal protecting you. Not without a fight anyway... so basically you get to fight the scum that screws you AND them if it goes wrong. Basically I don't risk any more with paypal than I'm willing to lose.

Hnstray likes this.
  10. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

11. Four pages .....

Smartest Comment

Jim

12. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I can see why you would say that. I imagine you get a lot of grumbling about what people paid for a vehicle and cost of shipping.

13. I get off the phone or get out of a text/email conversation quickly by asking what the transport budget is.

A lot of folks are unrealistic.

Dropped this two owner 1955 Ford Crown Victoria on Sunday for a HAMBer outside of Dallas ....

3F243757-36C9-4179-9D5A-74A0BA1EB587.jpeg

Picked up this Ford Model A Deluxe for a regular customer today in Louisiana ....

09E8ABFD-3479-41F6-8A4E-16C9AC54D4FB.jpeg

Jim

Hnstray, waxhead and kidcampbell71 like this.