Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage drag week 2019

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Feb 23, 2019.

1. You're suffering more breakage on the trailer than on drag week

2. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

You did a great job out there Jim, you're living the life many of us dream of. Have a safe drive back home.

Sent from my SM-G960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Congrats on your continued success Jim. Safe Travels home.

BigMike

Old wolf, loudbang and squirrel like this.
  4. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

Jim should be getting home soon. I did offer yesterday a couch and food.
    I just think back to yesterday, I think it is funny. You have 2 drivers, you have over 1300 miles to go.
    Stopping at 7:30 pm or so is not a really good option.
    I understand that they wanted to keep on going. I would want the same.

But Jim is such a great guy, He did pm me back, and he said they wanted to go further and not stop for the night in my location. I did talk to him on the phone.
    He did offer to stop by and say hello. As much as I would love to meet Jim, I did not want to interfere with his schedule.
    I would love to have a pic of his car on the trailer parked in front of my house.

But here is what I think is funny, Jim I would be helpful and do anything he needed... stop by the house at 3:00 am and need a place to sleep, I would have no issues.
    Come on in, let me grab the blankets out of the closet and set you up. Yeah you going to have a few heavy dogs wanting to sleep with you.

But if Jim stops by in the evening with 2 hour notice.
    I am running around like a chicken with his head cut off. I wanted to clean the bathroom 2 days ago and never got to it.
    I am cooking French dips for dinner, I need to run down to the store and pick up some fresh Texas Steaks for Jim.
    The vacuum is still sitting in the living room from the last time I used it.
    If Jim sleeps on the couch, he going to find a Shepard and a rottweiler licking his face in the morning.

Just saying, Jim is always and forever welcome. If he stops by with no warning, I wont panic.
    and would be more natural .... if he calls me, I went into a panic mode to clean the house.

5. squirrel

squirrel

Thanks so much for the offer! Dan (my co pilot) was pretty eager to get home, so we kept on going. Ended up in Odessa, then made it home today about 3:30. 4600 miles in the Tahoe towing Plan II, and we also drove the little car 941 miles while we were back east. I'm kind of tuckered out.

But that George Ray's thing in a week or two is so tempting!

6. Theres been a few times when I was driving truck and wanted to get home and I drove non stop. Once I loaded in the valley. stopped at Needles slept for four hours and then drove non stop to bells tenn . unloaded and drove home. cant blame Jim for making a beeline for home.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  7. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

When I drive 1800 miles from WA to TX, I just want to get to a point, thats my goal for the day.
    Then when I reach that goal, decide if I want to go further.

You know Jim has been driving for weeks, I want him home safe.
    I just think he should be home by now, unless he made a detour.
    Like drop his Brother off.

Just the fact he offered, to stop by and see HAMB members along the way.
    I thought it was pretty cool. Not many would do that.
    imho, what a great guy he really is.
    But we already knew that.

8. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

My week was fairly uneventful, but did put a new motor in on Wednesday loaded truck on trailer Thursday. It ran the fastest it ever has at 12.402, but I believe there is a 11 in it with some tuning. I did get some lifter noise but adjusted and all was good. Met a bunch of people, that were great to talk to. If you ever get a chance to meet Andy Star and see his beautiful 56 chevy you will see a great car and meet one of the nicest guys in the industry. Mark Fisher in his 32 ford pickup which won the hotrod class I was in. His truck fell off the jack in the hotel parking lot and popped his radiator Wednesday night, borrowed his son my truck to get parts and we were up past midnight fixing it and getting it welded. It was a great week and cant wait until next year.

I earned that HAMB drag sticker on my b-day with the maiden voyage of my 37, Wisconsin to the Drags and back and raced. That was another good time.

I have the rear axel out right now to get new gears for the Fallout, but got screwed, all parts are here but the bearing puller didn't show up and they say not till Thursday. I don't have that time, and the parts stores I have called don't rent them. Snapon dealer don't carry them in stock. Stuck don't want to buy a extra set of bearings but might have to. We will see all of you at the Fallout this weekend.
    Tony

9. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I have a .030 over 340 that I just put together, first v8 I have ever done. It seems to run pretty good, I would love to see a 11.8this weekend but time will tell

Joel, Thanks, it was my first finish, and I told my copilot, Mark that I have always ran my stuff as hard as I t will go and I did. I was told that my cam could build power to 6000 nad that's where I shifted except for the times it hit 6300.

Jim, it was a good time talking to you, if anyone watched Jims burnouts, he doesnt hardly get smoke off the tires, and has a good 60 ft time.

Tony

10. swifty

swifty

Thanks for your 2 posts @mcmopar as I wondered what you were running in your truck and I'm a fan of small block Mopars and I like big blocks too LOL Good to hear that you had a great time, you definitely worked for it.

loudbang likes this.
  11. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Hey tony are you coming back to George rays at the end of sept I sure hope so I’ve got my afx running much better with an injector now sounds like squirrel is gonna be there

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71, Old wolf and loudbang like this.
  12. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

wrenchbender, that is still up in the air, we will see how the Fallout goes. I spent more money than I planned on to get my motor ready for dragweek.

Has anyone else had trouble getting into the I survived dragweek website.

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  13. WTF really

WTF really

Good morning. Very nice meeting you guys. Yes I have heard a lot of people having issues getting on there. They said they were working on it. So it's a hit and miss attempt last I heard.

loudbang likes this.
  14. squirrel

squirrel

I got on the T shirt site yesterday morning, no problem. Maybe typing in the URL is the tricky part? Maybe it's just not working right? I'd try having someone else read/type the URL for you, perhaps you misread it (it's a tricky thing to do).

15. WTF really

WTF really

Got shirts ordered today after 2times trying and calling them. They said they are aware of the issues and working on it. Worked the next time.

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  16. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I figured that I was to incompetent to type it in, and there is no way I am going to try it again, yet ask someone for help, no way not me. I wont even contact them and ask them if there is a problem with the site, that would be to tricky, I probably just misread it multiple time over several days. Such is life.

Time to get ready to go to the Fallout, looking for 11s.
    Tony

17. squirrel

squirrel

I heard rumors that the site was down several times. I got in it no problem both times I tried, but I might just be lucky with my timing?

18. Allmotor

Allmotor

We were able to help a racer who lost a rear wheel bearing while driving through Delaware on their way to MIR. The axle bearing is not readily available at your local parts store. We had one in stock and pressed it on and they were on their way. It felt really good to help them out. My real reason for making this post is today I received a phone call from the person thanking us for our help. This was a surprise and a greatly appreciated gesture. Racers helping racers.

19. squirrel

squirrel

Thanks for helping!

yeah, there's a whole bunch of racers helping racers on Drag Week. Whatever you can do to keep another guy running, you do it.

20. loudbang

loudbang

21. squirrel

squirrel

thanks!

I see that Roadkill's episode on Drag Week will be out tomorrow on MTOD. Finnegan says I show up in it somewhere...which is probably near the end. Can't wait to see it

22. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I am still working away at the 2020 project. The engine is installed and now I am finishing the rear suspension, fuel line, and driveshaft. This is taking way to long but I am looking forward to see how it works.

mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  23. squirrel

squirrel

Just finished watching the new Roadkill episode. Well done! it's an hour long, and shows the struggle very well.

malibumonte78, mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  24. Jim,
    Are you getting any work done on your Barracuda? I'd sure like to see it at next year's.

loudbang likes this.