Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods So have you ever heard a voice in your hot rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikec4193, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Hi HAMB folks

So I am banging away on my Jalopy rebuild and we grind for a while...then we wire brush...then we cut...then we grind...then we weld some...then we repeat...

I am down inside the cabin of the body on the floor...I have my ear plugs in my ears...so I am
    rinding and just as clear as day...I hear this male voice..."hey it is Keith"...

Now I had a 1960 Willys Jeep truck a few years back....it came with a presence that wore blue jeans and a red flannel shirt and whenever I was working on it I would see this presence in my peripheral vision...I would look up and it would be gone..happen numerous times...when I finally sold it the presence...I never saw it again...(it did other stuff in my garage too)...

So hearing this voice clear as day...kinda set me back a bit...

So have you guys ever heard voices while working on your hot rods???....

This was on a sunny Sunday afternoon and I don't drink so it was not caused by that either...

Thanks in advance...

MikeC

DSCN5458.JPG

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Only once, then I realized it was my wife holler'n that dinner was ready.

tr_rodder, Jet96, Just Gary and 11 others like this.
  3. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

Only thing I've ever heard was my wallet screaming......

winduptoy, Texas John, Jet96 and 11 others like this.
  4. Um ahh
    B3F86FDC-8B12-439C-9CF0-10E8AE261806.gif

May be just a little ?

5. Deuces

Deuces

A little too early for Halloween don't you think?????......o_O

6. Deuces

Deuces

7. You might have a gift......you know...."I see dead people".

-Brent-, Joemama, wicarnut and 3 others like this.
  8. No voices but I smell some kind of food cooking in my garage a handful of times a year

Jet96, aussie oldie, wicarnut and 3 others like this.
  9. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

You never said anything about " wacky tobacco " :D....mmmmm

wicarnut, VANDENPLAS and Deuces like this.
  10. It could be worse. My son's house was built in 20s n he swears a male spirit lives there too. Occasionally see his shadow n some nights they can hear him playing pool. Son n wife call him Billy.

I don't believe in spirits, but sure would not be first time I was wrong. I remember once in 60s I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

1 more car I swear. Rex Winter
    Dry windy Lubbock Texas

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and wicarnut like this.
  11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

@mikec4193 ? Methinks you have a ghost. (restless spirit that doesn't realize he has 'passed'.)
    Well documented, this phenomena was explained to me by my Grandma, born in 1876 on the last wagon train by her Dad, ran from St. Joseph, Missouri to Seattle. (then South, to Santa Clara, CA., where he had bought a large parcel, today the heart of Silicon Valley. Their creek is San Tomas Expressway today)

Grandma described this 'figure' that was visible in peripheral, ("Outa the corner of my eye")
    Her sister, Effie, had a young man she was going to marry. He worked weeks long in the silver mines in Almaden, a day's ride (horse or wagon) either way.
    Their Dad, Mr. Parker, (former Wagonmaster) left on a Wednesday morning to travel to the silver mine on business. He would return on Friday.
    Wednesday evening, Grandma 'saw' a figure that vanished after it spoke:
    "I'm dead, tell Effie." Grandma said it looked like Thomas...she was sure it was.
    She told her sisters and her brother about this strange thing, and they all scoffed.
    Until her Dad returned home with the sad news.
    Thomas was killed on Wednesday.
    This was in 1894, no phone, etc.

There was a murder of a family in 1910, total mystery on who or why.
    Grandma got another 'visit', a woman she presumed to be the dead mother.
    The woman said, "Listen...Dunham did it." then vanished. The next night she came back, Grandma awoke from a sound sleep. Woman standing there, for a number of seconds. Actually visible, standing at the foot of the bed. "It was Dunham, killed us all."
    Grandma and Grandpa had recently finished building their house (from plans) and were 'prominent'. (Grandpa was Santa Clara's first butcher, and was personal butcher for Sarah Winchester, ('Repeating Rifle' fame)
    So, when he went to see Red O'Neill, (then new Chief of Police) unusual police practice was put to action.
    Police knew of this Dunham character, and sought out to arrest him.
    He admitted to it after a night of 'police procedure', and asked, "How did you know?"
    The chief said, "The woman you killed wouldn't die."

There were more, too. Grandma was psychic, I allow...
    She maintained that 'restless spirits' attach their lasting presence to objects sometimes, but mostly to property where they spent their last days. (NOT 'moments', those are 'unusual'. So, "Keith" could have been killed or died in your '40. Or in the garage where it was inside. Usually a closed-in space...according to Grandma...

I am NOT given to superstitions, or 'ghost stories'. But too many 'curiosities' related to my Grandma had grim endings.

My aunt Lorraine caught pneumonia at Santa Cruz beach swimming in the river, got terrible chills coming home with my Mom in her '31 Cabriolet.
    Lorraine went to bed in Grandma's room, that night Grandma's dead Mom appeared twice, ('corner of the eye') said 'Lorraine's coming with me'.
    Early next morning, she passed.

Last thing was 'signs'.
    My Mom was very ill, long time. She was finally hospitalized, 2 days passed, I went to see her each day.
    Doctor said she'd come home on the weekend, but the following day Grandma cried out, and sat in the kitchen, shaking. I tried to comfort her, "Please, Grandma...What is it?" She looked in my mother's room, said "A damned old bird hit the window 3 times, tried to get in...I'm afraid your mother's dead."
    I looked in horror. Not 20 minutes later, the phone rang. Mom had passed half an hour before.
    Think those are enough? There are even more...

texasred, 54delray, SS327 and 20 others like this.
  12. prpmmp

prpmmp

Yea!! It stopped when I laid of the crack pipe:eek: Pete

Kato Kings and Deuces like this.
  13. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^heard these stories from old folks in the 50's They were very respectable people but swore to similar things, As a kid it sacred me but I haven't been visited by one or seen one.

SS327, wicarnut, LOU WELLS and 2 others like this.
  14. Don't tell too many of these "physic" stories or the government will confiscate your firearms!:confused:

SS327, WB69, hotrodjack33 and 8 others like this.
  15. Deuces

Deuces

16. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

No I never heard a voice in my hot rod.... but I thought I heard the toaster laughing at me.

17. No I haven’t heard anything from any of my vehicles before.
    But years ago when my daughter was small,,she informed my wife that she just knew our house was haunted!
    My wife asked her what made her think that,,,then she told her.

She said that sometimes late at night ,she could hear a ghost moaning through the wall.
    Her bedroom is right next to ours,,,,she heard,,,,Woooooooo.
    Or least that was what it sounded like to her.
    I laughed hysterically for quite a while !

As Art Linkletter used to say,,,,Kids say the darndest things!

Tommy

18. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

As a psychic I see the death of this thread being soon..........

Jet96, Chili Phil, Joemama and 8 others like this.
  19. Deuces

Deuces

I never heard anything weird from my old house... And I've been here since '92....

20. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Had a brother die in a bad way, and not very long after came home to find some vases and bric-a-brac stuff knocked off a living room shelf and broken. It looked to me like whatever did that, had to be something with quite a bit of force. Don't really believe in that kind of stuff but it was pretty strange, I can tell you that. Had read about this kind of thing happening but never expected to see it.

21. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I used to here shit when I was working late night at the shop and it was down wright spooky. I'd spend some time checking things out before going back to work. Then one night I had let one of my girlfriends in the shop about 9pm and maybe ten minutes later the other one showed up, there were so looks but no voices. ;)

Deuces, Jet96, chryslerfan55 and 2 others like this.
  22. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

lots of people hear voices but, most never admit it to avoid time with a psychiatrist

Deuces, Jet96 and Hnstray like this.
  23. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

A buddy of mine at work thinks his house is haunted. Some of the stories he tells are pretty dang creepy. I've never really experience anything like that personally.

Deuces likes this.
  24. Went to all the houses,train tracks,graveyards,spooky woods as a teen.Never heard or saw shit.

25. Deuces

Deuces

My advice.... Add more lights and crank up some good music!.... :cool:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  26. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

It's OK if you talk to yourself, just don't have a conversation.

SS327, VANDENPLAS and Deuces like this.
  27. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

28. Nope!

The lunatic is in my head. :rolleyes: HRP

Jet96, Deuces, Johnny Gee and 3 others like this.
  29. An online friend that's into 39-46 trucks has regular late night visitors at his tattoo parlor FB_IMG_1568596761606.jpg FB_IMG_1568596761606.jpg FB_IMG_1568597363682.jpg

Deuces, Jet96, Spooky and 1 other person like this.
  30. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

THAT is Hillaryous!! :D

Ray