Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What's in the barn?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 13, 2019.

1. 5window

5window

Great story,but you really looked different back then. :)

raven, HOTRODPRIMER and scotty t like this.
  2. 28rp

28rp

20190303_183133.jpg In a barn and unavailable from 1974 until 2017.Now its in my barn and loo 446.JPG king a whole lot better! The first photo is after a road test-or two- around the forest back roads....Photos was taken 2018 after many months of rust repair.

3. Dang life story right there.........

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. NICE scores Danny! Bruce.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. Sometimes you wonder why they were saving it. o_O HRP

why.jpg

6. The guy who owns this wants to sell it. Has title, no rust, sedan. No missing parts. Make offer 20190705_195735.jpg

Attached Files:

Okie Pete, Lil32 and BigO like this.
  7. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I know the little block building you are talking about and the story of the not for sale Willys. A good friend of mine named Brock Irwin that lived up on the hill from Trimble tried to buy it for years with out any luck. Sadly Brock died a few years ago. I have not been down that way in years. See what you have done? Now I will have to make a trip down towards Glouster to check it out. Not much in that town anymore, just about all the bars have closed:p but they did get a new gas station :rolleyes:

s55mercury66 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  8. If anybody wants a couple of 65 Galaxie barn finds, these two, a convertible and a 4 door hardtop are available..$1500 for the pair....Edit: These are now gone..

P1010006.JPG P1010008.JPG

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Okie Pete, Lil32, BigO and 1 other person like this.
  9. Someone should scoop those up. HRP

dana barlow likes this.
  10. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

In years past;
    Found n bought a(ever-so-slightly OT) ~7k mileage '70 MotoGuzzi. The other 2 owners & I were from the same church & knew each other, also knew the dealer. Nice bike, all chrome rusted from long-term dust laying on it in chicken shed.
    Found a severely chopped ford 33/34 5w, w/a piece pf flat glass cut into the header panel - which seemed to be reversed in curve to meet the top of the glass. Sitting neglected in barn about 5 towns over out in country. Had a buick nailhead w/a dyna-flush trans. Typical 50s->early60s build quality. Owner worked at local ford dealership, but I wasn't able to connect again, so no chopped coupe for me.
    Found a ford 32 5w w/an early olds/3sp/6dueces, never finished, languishing in a gar. Was sister car to a better 32 3w. Almost finished the 5w, someone wanted it really bad. Dbl'd my $$, but that isn't saying much. Did a lot of the rebuilding/building for college class projects, had a whopping crazy amount of ~$1500, incl paint n interior(less carpet). Didn't find out 'till later just what things were worth. <shrug, ;( >
    Found 3 '50 Stude Champ 4-drs, + 1 '51 Stude Champ Starlight coupe in a quonset hut. Got them, now they're sitting in my side yard. Life's in the way, new owners that'll put them back on the street would be appreciated. Price is right, + patina that is there, rust n rot, too; is genuine & no additional charge... :D . Would price for entry level rod/custom.
    Marcus...

Okie Pete and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Found plenty of vehicles in barns. Brass era through muscle cars.
    Always the right way meaning owners permission. Plenty of chances to trespass but never did it. Some folks think it’s ok to dig in “abandoned “ property. There is no such thing, all property is owned by someone.
    I don’t post pictures without owners permission either. There are unsavory types who troll these sites and have a talent to make things disappear.

13. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

PD;
    I agree. Everything found was driving by & then finding owner, knowing the guy that owned the land =getting name of car owner, or finding owner 1st, sometimes via grapevine. Trespassing is a good way to get hurt. In some areas, can get you dead.
    Marcus...

Lil32 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  14. firemangordy

firemangordy

A friend had this sitting in his garage for 18 years. I've known him and the car since 1976. It took almost a year to convince him to sell it to me. 56 Mad 2.jpg 56 Mad 6.JPEG 56 Mad 10.JPEG 56 Mad 38.jpg

15. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I also knew Brock, and just recently found out that he had passed away, when his ElMeano '55 was featured in the "Whatever happened to.." thread on here. He was a good person, too bad there aren't more like him. Hey, the Wonder Bar is gone, demolished a while back, like a lot of downtown Glouster.

16. How about a roofless shed find? Rescued this one for my estate sale.
    IMG_7507.JPG

Okie Pete, 32SEDAN, chop job and 2 others like this.
  17. I went to a yard sale & in the Garage was a Chevelle SS 1969 396 all
    covered up with Boxes & Dust, just sitting there.
    the guy said it wasent fo sale!

But I know where it is & will check back another Time!

Just my 3.5 cents

Okie Pete likes this.
  18. cheezwiz

cheezwiz

I was riding my motorcycle in the country and saw a 37 Ford in a barn. I too got the nerve months later to stop and inquire. The gentleman said he actually had 5 cars in the barn and I was welcome to go look. 37 Ford flatback sedan, absolutely rust free with no interior, 38 Pontiac 2 dr sedan , I've never even seen one! 47 Buick convertible in every piece it would come, a 51 Dodge one seater convertible and finally a 50 Buick 4 dr. I was trying to be coy and make conversation, eventually I asked if any of the cars could be bought. Particularly the 37 Ford. Somewhere in the conversation he asked me the dreaded question....."Rodder or restorer?" We all know the correct reply but the truth is I'm just not that dishonest. Rodder was my reply.....end of conversation!

Okie Pete likes this.
  19. How many "restorers "do you think will be PM'ing you ? :D:oops:

20. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Barn and garage, then to my garage. One owner, DSC04973.JPG 62448738_10157109217023950_6509343298698608640_n.jpg 33K org. miles.

Okie Pete, 32SEDAN, charleyw and 2 others like this.
  21. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sitting in PA barn since 1962 , then NY about 10 years....1940 Buick coupe..restoration started image.jpeg image.jpeg

Okie Pete likes this.
  22. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

23. Its not a barn find in the sense that it sat for decades and covered in dust, but Taboo was stashed in a barn where it didn't do the car any favors. Did make a video of the day we bought the car and got it running/driving out of the barn.

Okie Pete likes this.
  24. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When my wife and I used to cruise the country roads, passing by old farms, she'd sometimes yell out the window...
    "What's in your barn, mister!"
    One time, she yelled to me...
    "Stop the car, mister! Backup! I see round shapes behind that barn!"

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

arkiehotrods likes this.
  25. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I was a kid, there were cool old cars languishing behind almost every old garage.

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

arkiehotrods likes this.
  26. Sat for a log time !!!!!!! 20181125_144323.jpg

27. flatout51

flatout51

Boneyard51 likes this.
  28. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Daylight after 10 years or so.... image.jpeg image.jpeg

Okie Pete and charleyw like this.
  29. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I've talked about this high school friend before; his Father drag raced Hudson's and flat towed them with a 53 Ford pickup truck that he had installed an Olds 394 and B & M Hydro-Stick transmission. The family had been in the dairy business for decades, passing it down through the family. The old dairy barn was packed with old cars/truck/farm implements; the barn had an "upstairs" for the hay and feed, that was dropped down through chutes to the cows. Family finally sold the property, and everyone moved on, and left the home/barn to deteriorate. And then, in our county, we had a serial arsonist. One of his fires was the old barn full of the old cars/trucks/implements. Course the barn collapsed, and everything from the upper floor wound up in the lower floor. Arsonist's name was Paul Keller if you'd care to Google him. He even killed someone with one of his fires. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

30. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey hey Butch..just checked him out..boy oh boy he was a troubled man..like your posts...