Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SOLD the newer Buick wagon , now looking for a new project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Thanks chevy 57 dude, with all my HOUSE BITCH chores shopping, cooking and other stuff its been hard lately to get any spare time to work in the shop, I have to also put the carb I just got on the Farm All tractor.then I have a guy that will buy it more $$$ for the station wagon fund. Thanks Bruce. 003.JPG

Latigo, chriseakin, harpo1313 and 8 others like this.
  2. belair

belair

That,S a nice little rig. Looks pretty handy.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  3. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

Looks like you're really roughing it there Bruce!:rolleyes:

Bruce Fischer and enloe like this.
  4. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Oh....you need to be closer to me! I JUST told the wife this week that I WILL own a Cub tractor within the next year. LOL

5. Belair she was, but since I have had 2 failed total ankle replacements on my left ankle , I can no longer work the clutch.Bruce.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. Rusty as you see in the back ground I have to catch up on splitting my fire wood too, with my new log splitter. Bruce.

7. About ten hears ago I bought a Cub at auction with all the implements . mower , cultivators , blade , disk breaker. not running. stuck open valves. got them freed up. and it was simply underpowered. thick grass would bog the engine when taking a half pass. I paid $650. We painted and decaled it and sold it for $1650. We now have a Super A Farmall with a Woods belly mower. Its plenty powerful.

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  8. carbking

carbking

Bruce - you need to consider a John Deere, with a hand-clutch. Just let the old foot rest on the floorboard. All real tractors are painted green and yellow ;)

I seem to remember Allis also having a hand-clutch, but it was used in conjunction with a foot-clutch.

Probably others of which I am unaware.

Jon.

9. sunbeam

sunbeam

I don't know why it was under powered after all it was rated 11hp on the PTO that's in the briggs &strattion range.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Bruce Fischer and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. I am going down to the shop to change the oil and filter on the Plymouth this morning. I had to order all the tune up parts .After the oil change. I will take a before picture of it since it came out of barn in Ga. Then wash it and clean it out and take a few more pictures of it cleaned up.Thanks Bruce.

11. Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  12. Well , once again I have run in to car trouble aready. When I went to look at the Plymouth the guy said the ignition switch was hard to start, he had to jiggle it around .I never could get it to turn for me so I had him leave on the on {start position} and just removed the battery cable. To day I hooked up the battery and cranked it up it would run rough for a few seconds then cut out{it has a bigger cam in it}I had ordered I new tumbler from work for the ignition switch and yes it was the wrong size{too small} I ran a wire from the coil to the battery and then hot wired the switch. It fired up and ran pretty good no stalling. So the question is do I just need to replace the tumbler part with the key.{about $40} or do I have to replace the whole switch? Which can run up to $170.00 on E bay? Sorry about no pictures but it has just been too hot here to do anything out side. I have been working in my air cond. shop. Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have to help me.. You all have a great weekend and I will try and get some pictures tomorrow. Thanks. Bruce.

chryslerfan55 and enloe like this.
  13. Bruce, I'm afraid wagon's have become the flavor of the month, many of the wagons we see advertised for outrageous prices could have been purchased for 2,500 bucks a few years ago, and they were nice running cars.

It seems even junk that needs everything the owner is trying to get top dollar. HRP

14. Turnipseed

Turnipseed

If the ignition switch has 'power' in the first 'on' position but won't engage the starter when turned to the 'start' position, just add a push button starter button. Turn the ignition key to 'on', push the starter button to start. I bought a new ignition switch for my t-bucket and it quit working in the start position---added a starter button and it works.

15. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

Just fix it, you wont be happy any other way.

16. Slopok

Slopok

Spray it with some WD.

17. sunbeam

sunbeam

If you just cant get it out of the lock position it's likely just the tumbler but you have to get out of the lock position to remove the tumbler.

18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Take the bad tumbler out, then use a screwdriver to operate the switch. If it acts up then trouble shoot from there.

Bruce Fischer and enloe like this.
  19. Turnipseed, that's the problem.I couldn't turn it to the start position. So do I just get the tumbler and hope it will work or get whole switch and chance it will work? Thanks. Bruce.

20. Slopok, I did even with the tumbler out , no luck.It still wont turn.Thanks.Bruce.

chryslerfan55 and enloe like this.
  21. SunBeam.I finally did get the tumbler out.Thanks Bruce.

22. Salt flats I am not sure I can do that with a screw driver on this switch.It was in the dash not on the steering column. Thanks. Bruce.

enloe likes this.
  23. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Bruce, the end of the tumbler has to turn the electrical part of the switch somehow.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  24. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I see you've picked up one of my work habits... :D:eek:

25. BJR

BJR

Bruce why not tell us what kind of car the switch is from, maybe someone here has one. Just word it like "the car I am working on has an ignition switch from a ............."

enloe likes this.
  26. Salflats, O.K. let me look again.Thanks.Bruce.

27. Terrythe K. YUP only on the weekends around 3 p.m. after a glass of wine.LOL.Bruce.

enloe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. 1st picture Bruce. 002.JPG

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  29. Talk to you all after dinner tonight.Thanks Bruce.

enloe likes this.
  30. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Bruce did Good! from a little inside info;)
    Wish we were a rolling 50 years old here sometime.:)

enloe and chryslerfan55 like this.