Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1941 Ford Pickup - SOLD thanks to HAMB

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by kbgreen, Sep 4, 2019.

1. kbgreen

kbgreen
    1. Georgia Hambers

City: Atlanta

State: Georgia
    Price: $10,000
    IMG_7648.jpg IMG_7650.jpg IMG_7652.jpg Snow.JPG

Registered, running unmodified '41 P/U truck has 8BA flathead V8 with rebuilt water pumps and carb. The engine has been converted to 12 volt. The truck has had repairs to the body which has some rust. The truck comes with an extra set of rear fenders, two pairs of extra doors, four extra original wheels, and a very good condition used grill.

Explanation of "clean" title: When originally registered, the the GA Dept of revenue required a police check for status of ownership and my bill of sale. Georgia then allowed vehicle registration but does not issue titles for vehicles older than a 1962 manufacture date. Upon sale, the buyer will get the registration with current tag (not YOM tag) and a bill of sale which will allow legal registration in other states.

2. kbgreen

kbgreen
    1. Georgia Hambers

bare frame.JPG IMG_1575.JPG IMG_1579.JPG IMG_1580.JPG More info:
    The truck runs fine, it is worn but fits my needs for a mostly unrestored/unmodified vehicle. Yes, it needs work to be a daily driver. I use it during low traffic periods and to drive to a nearby store, diner, quick trip to the hardware store etc. The front fenders are in good shape with no rust, I’ve repaired tears and dents with 18-ga, butt welded then ground. I did not put bondo on the repairs but primed them so they are easily viewed. The running boards are in good shape with no rust. The rear fenders are repairable, and I’ve got a second set that go with the truck. The bed is in poor condition and the tailgate has been fixed onto the bed – won’t open. I’d replace the whole thing as they are readily available. The frame was repaired by a previous owner, cleaned and painted. The entire undercarriage has been cleaned but not rebuilt. The cab has had floors repaired, but not completely, the rear of the cab at the floor has rust. The doors have rust on the bottoms but are very repairable, I’ve got two pair of additional doors to go with the truck. Brakes work, brake shoes are OK and not metal to metal. Transmission works fine, shifts smoothly but jumps out of gear when coasting downhill in second gear, indicative of need for rebuild. No harsh sounds, seems very rebuildable or useable as is for infrequent use. I think the clutch needs to be replaced and I have a new one of those as well. The original shocks are missing and a PO removed some of the leafs from the rear spring. I have a replacement axle with complete springs to go along with the truck. The rear axle works fine for an infrequent use vehicle, I’ve never had it disassembled.

I never drive over about 30 mph though the isn’t cluster isn’t connected. I know the speed from the traffic warning devices in my neighborhood.

All-in-all, it is a limited use vehicle that operates.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  3. kbgreen

kbgreen
    1. Georgia Hambers

Photos of the extra rear fenders and two pair of extra doors. Fenders in very good condition, two doors a in great shape the two others are very good condition, one has rust at the base. IMG_7720.jpg IMG_7721.jpg IMG_7722.jpg IMG_7723.jpg IMG_7724.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I think I've answered all requests so far. If not please prompt me. I'm glad to talk to you about the truck.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019