Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need oil pump part for Olds' bobtail T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EE1, Jun 20, 2019.

1. EE1

EE1

I'm finally rebuilding my old T bucket using the 215 Olds V8 (F85), aluminum motor originally fitted.
    Looked everywhere but can't find the oil pump end cover-filter mount.
    This motor uses the same front timing cover (which has the oil pump in the lower RH front corner driven off the distributor base), as the Buick 215, Buick V6 and British Rover 3.5 V8, therefore the oil pump housings and gears are all the same but the end cover- filter mounts are different. Only one will fit my application and I've lost it !

The Olds part which l need has parallel mounting and filter faces so the filter points 90° to the "side" & "vertically" downwards at roughly 45°. This is the part I need and the only one to fit the filter within the frame without touching anything.

The Rover part mounts the filter forwards to the "front" but also "vertically" downwards at roughly 45° where it interferes with the lower radiator hose so this is no good !

The Buick V6 mounts the filter at roughly 45° "horizontally" (diagonally forwards off the front corner), & parallel to the ground but interferes with frame rail, so again, this is no good.

I'm not sure about the Buick 215 part, I'm assuming it's the same as the Rover, which won't work, but could be the same as the Olds' with the parallel mounting faces, which will work for me (advice ?).

Can anybody help with this, either with the part I need or a contact ? I've been in touch with Aluminum V8 in the US but they haven't got back yet.
    Last resort is to make a new casting pattern & aluminum part and machine that but I'm sure there's an original hiding somewhere, apart from in some obscure place in my WS, that is.
    Thanks guys, Ed.

2. jimbousman

jimbousman

Had the same problem on my Model A install. I had to go with a Buick pump cover and either a remote filter or I was able to source a Wix filter that was only 3” deep.

3. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

If all else fails could you use an aluminum adapter plate with 2 hoses to a remote filter?

[​IMG]