Register now to get rid of these ads!

41 Plymouth SB Mopar Engine Swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rockable, Aug 1, 2010.

1. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pictures from my upholsterer today! He is finishing up. The headliner is in and looks great and he is finishing up the carpet. I should be ready to take it back to the painter for painting the wheels, fixing a boo boo and some touch up late next week. It will be ready for Myrtle Beach easily. 2822.jpeg 2820.jpeg 2820.jpeg 2819.jpeg

RodStRace and exterminator like this.
  2. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations. Serious perseverance and determination, well done! Car looks fantastic

rockable likes this.
  3. exterminator

exterminator

Car looks great.

rockable likes this.
  4. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a long strange trip it's been, Jimmy!

5. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

I am looking at swapping a 360 and AX15 into my 52 and I was happy to find your thread to read through and get some info on. I am worried the AX15 may not fit in the trans tunnel but you stated that yours did with a little hammering and I think the 52 has a little more space. I plan on buying the mount kit for mine so hopefully will be a relatively easy swap.

6. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Honestly, it will probably fit but you might want to raise it up a little higher than is possible with the factory floorboard. Also, try to make it possible to remove without pulling the engine. I cant.

7. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

I've got the same combo in my 48. Fits fine. I did have to massage the firewall on the passenger side to fit around the head and valve cover. I cut the original rear crossmember out and fabbed a new one. I can pull the trans from the bottom easily.