Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage LEAD AIN'T DEAD KUSTOM CAR SHOW DEWEY,OK STRAYKAT KUSTOMS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twotallokie, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Heres a few pictures from the weekend 076.JPG 005.JPG 008.JPG 029.JPG 025.JPG 032.JPG 081.JPG 187.JPG 287.JPG

1947knuck, Texas Webb, 'Mo and 22 others like this.
  2. wisdonm

wisdonm

Thanks for posting.

loudbang likes this.
  3. aircap

aircap

What's the story on that gold pickup?

loudbang likes this.
  4. Geno Walker's "Lead Poison" based on a drawing by @straykatkustoms

"Geno Walker of Dewey, OK
    1955 Ford Pickup
    How’s this for dragging out a custom build; Geno Walker, of Dewey, OK., took 20 years to build his 1955 Ford custom pickup.
    The truth is, Geno said he spent maybe one full year of actual work, but he spread it out over two decades.
    “When you build cars for everyone else, your own comes last,” he said.
    Geno said he’s been building custom cars for 45 years, and when he builds cars, he does everything, including the upholstery.
    This Ford was an idea he got from a cartoon, but cartoon or not, this truck represents serious work from top to bottom.
    The truck’s body is chopped, channeled and sectioned, four inches for each, and all of the sheet metal was hand fabricated. The custom work includes the bed, tailgate, running boards and hood, which is pancaked. The dashboard is from a 1960 Chevy Impala, while the bumpers are from a 1955 Thunderbird. The taillights are from a 1961 Ford Galaxie.
    But this Ford isn’t just show; it’s got a lot of go, too, thanks to a 1969 Pontiac Firebird high output 400 cubic inch V-8. But, get this, the engine is disguised as a 392 cubic inch Hemi V-8, thanks to custom valve covers, headers and air cleaner.
    Geno said he handmade the interior, too. His handywork includes a custom console, modified seats from a Chevy Cavalier, a modified steering wheel, and a tilt and telescoping steering column from a Cadillac.
    When all was said-and-done, the only piece on the truck that isn’t modified or custom made, is the stock 1955 windshield."

5. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Pictures don’t do that truck justice. It was at the Leadsled Spectacular in Salina this year. It is a beautiful truck

6. We had a ball this past weekend at the "Lead Ain't Dead" shindig, it was well worth the trip! Thanks to all you "Kats" that made it possible... See ya in May!

7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was good to see ya again and glad ya had a good time. Your Olds is too kool. You will have a lot of fun cruising it around.

@twotallokie Thanks for posting the pics. Wow, was it hot. Thankfully we had a lot of shade and had a blast hanging out with my Kustom Family. We had 54 Kustoms participate last weekend which was up from last year. Guys from as far as Arizona to spend the weekend with us.

69578110_2706016989411449_4594335862380036096_o.jpg

8. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The highlight of the show was to publicly thank Doug Reed for his part in promoting kustoms. He has been doing it for a long time and still doing it today. Also to acknowledge the he has been cruising the "Toad" for 50 years. In the late 70's Jerry & Devona Titus played a hug roll in bring back Kustoms and formed Kustom Kemps of America. They had kustom shows all over the country. If it wasn't for Doug recording the events, we could have easily forgotten about the roll that KKOA played with our Kustom hobby. He has documented that history and we will be able to enjoy for years to come.

Thank you Doug for all that you have done to keep the Kustom movement rolling along.

70120043_2462143544018750_7773405787988164608_n (2).jpg

9. 41woodie

41woodie

Nice to see a face connected to the car. I've lusted in my heart for Doug Reed's Olds since the first time I saw it some years ago. Very nice car

10. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks for pics

straykatkustoms and loudbang like this.
  12. sololobo

sololobo

what a sweet turn out Mick, excellent job recognizing the super dude, Doug Reed for his awesome work. His Olds is so uber cool.

13. Hated to miss it...again. Maybe I will get life stuff in order and see you all again soon. Thanks for the pics guys.

14. Thanks for the pic's and the salute to Doug Reed!!!

15. Roothawg

Roothawg

I hated to miss it also. Thrashing on the nephew's 58. I am proud to say I was at the first one.