Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SOLD the newer Buick wagon , now looking for a new project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Jul 28, 2019.

1. sunbeam

sunbeam

2. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Bruce, that's not far from me. Running a few errands this AM, but I could go check it out for you later if you're seriously interested. Take pics, verify VIN/title.
    In pics it looks solid, complete trim, glass, etc.
    (Like Sunbeam said) Even with shipping at that price you might do ok.
    Have you proactively reached out to the HAMB car transporters to get a ball park from various regions back to TN, so you can pull the trigger from a distance and know you're within budget including shipping?

chryslerfan55 and sunbeam like this.
  3. O.K. guys it is going to take more $$$ to get a decent station wagon. Last night I bought a grannys Plymouth.It s a 4 door with a good vinal roof and its got a 383 motor in it. Here where its get better. The motor got a cam, headers and a 4 barell carb, and dual exhaust on it with cherry bomb mufflers. The body is nice and there is NO RUST in the floor boards or trunk{finally a car that I wont have to do any body or paint work to.}I just have to finish running tail pipes off the cherry bomb mufflers and some brake work. It has lots of extra parts with it in the trunk too.Then its up for sale again{I got it at a good price.}Its a nice sleeper car. Pictures will come as soon as I get it home. Bruce.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  4. jim snow

jim snow

Good stuff Bruce. Snowman

5. low down A

low down A

is there a reason why you didn't mention the year ?

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  6. ken bogren

ken bogren

Bruce;
    Hopefully you can fix-up and flip that thing for a profit and toss the extra cash in your wagon acquisition fund quickly.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. LOW DOWN Yup LOL.Bruce.

Latigo, low budget and chevy57dude like this.
  8. Let's see a picture of it

Bruce Fischer and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Guys don't be mad or give up hope on me. You all know I am a station wagon guy. I am going to sell this car quickly.This is just hopefully to add $$$$ to I can afford a better station wagon and wont have to travel half way across the country to get one.. Bruce.

10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Enjoy what youve bought a while, We still want to see you hangin around the outskirts here:D
    "cant please everyone, so ya got to please yourself";)

11. Thanks, L.B. I am going to get a tag for it today and one of my customers says he will tow it back here to our mountain compound for me. Them come some pictures. Thanks Bruce.

chryslerfan55 and low budget like this.
  12. Chevy 57 dude , you will as soon as I get it back home here.Thanks Bruce.

chryslerfan55 and chevy57dude like this.
  13. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

14. I got it tagged yesterday. I am going to see if I can get it flatbeded home tonight after work. Bruce.

15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

since you are going to flip it put a For Sale sign asap - never know, might be exactly what someone wants as is

16. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

So I should stand down on looking at the Fairlane Wagon?

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  17. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Waiting :)

enloe likes this.
  18. low down A

low down A

waiting for what it's a off topic car. perhaps another forum is where you should be waiting

jimmy959 likes this.
  19. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

No place for bad attitudes here either as far as I’m concerned, maybe you should find another place to hang out as well

20. low down A

low down A

no bad attitude here just saying there are correct forums for newer car discussions. the hamb isn't one of them

21. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

???
    Most of us know the rules and try to go by them, Bruce contributes some interesting topics etc. here.
    All of us will bobble out side the lines every now and then, just be careful, The guy you try to shut down may be the one that could have helped you, some day.

22. Sporty45

Sporty45

Well said ;)

23. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

24. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

What happens here that I notice .... Bruce has been a member here for years, I remember one tip he shared, tossing a chain over a rear axle while painting a car. Keeps the dust down.
    Does that actually work? I have no clue, but enjoyed reading it. ;)

When you have forum posters that have been posting here for years ... Bruce let me down when he bought a off topic car.
    I know his abilities are good and will soon make money off the car.
    I feel like a big brother that wants to box his ears for buying a off topic car.

I still love Bruce,

25. Bruce is doing the best he can. Using his skills and resources to get what he wants.worlds better than sitting on his ass!

26. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I'm here pulling for Bruce to find that wagon the fits the bill. :)

Bruce Fischer and enloe like this.
  27. BJR

BJR

Bruce is sharing all the trials and tribulations of what a guy goes through who doesn't have big pockets. He still manages to get a hobby car and enjoy it through his own hard work. Lighten up on him.:)

28. upspirate

upspirate

Sometimes you have to go through the "baby steps" to get the one you really want.....better than going out and getting into debt

29. For now yes.Thanks.As soon as I can get it cleaned up I will post some pictures.T hanks Bruce.

chryslerfan55 and chevy57dude like this.
  30. Thanks B.J.R Bruce. 017.JPG