Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 40 Ford Crash In Portland OR. Area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by southerncad, Sep 6, 2019.

1. southerncad

southerncad

2. Man, that is painful to look at. Best wishes to the driver for a complete recovery.

3. that's out by my place, but I don't recognize the car at all.

4. Wow, this one reads like a trailer for a movie. Hope to get some follow-ups. Thankfully no one else apparently was injured as so often not the case with an alledged dui, with some possible road rage thrown in for good measure.

5. choptop40

choptop40

Ouch , that sucks..

6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

That's going to take a lot of polishing compound!

7. 62rebel

62rebel

You would think that, by now, folks would be more inclined to stay sober while driving these cars. I am paranoid as hell while driving, and I don't drink.

8. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

If...and it’s a big if the driver was drunk...hard to feel sorry...could have killed someone

bob b., j3harleys, VANDENPLAS and 3 others like this.
  9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

If in fact he was drunk then it’s not only hard to feel sorry for him, it’s impossible.

If he was drunk I’d say he got what he had coming to him and should not have a license.

Drunk driving should be a criminal offence.

10. Don't often see wire on a 40 coupe and like a few others have said if dui was involved he doesn't deserve any sympathy, the car does!

Thankfully no one else got hurt. HRP

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    VANDENPLAS, deathrowdave and dan31 like this.
  11. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Stupid like that guy that flipped his shortened Chevy on its roof trying to show off.

31Dodger and j3harleys like this.
  12. dan31

dan31

Yeah ,i just feel sorry for the car.

a boner likes this.
  13. Fordors

Fordors

DUII? No sympathy here.

bob b. and j3harleys like this.
  14. patterg2003

patterg2003

Diabetics have occasionally having an episode have been thrown in the can for appearing impaired. There could have been strong evidence of drinking. In any case it is better that he left the road than cross a lane to take out a family.

j3harleys likes this.
  15. What patterq2003 said - let's not condemn so quickly.......maybe an older guy like those posting........

nochop likes this.
  16. That car is F---ed. I hope the driver was not alcohol impared. Looking at the car , I bet it was owned by a older individual and he has a medical condition. I would find it hard for a guy owning such a vehicle to go out and drive under the influence . If so he gets what he had coming.
    Lets see the rest of the story.
    Vic

j3harleys likes this.
  17. Yeah, don't be so quick to judge someone without all the facts.

18. I use the 2-drink rule when I'm out and about and have to drive. With the old car, nothing at all, got to keep my wits about me.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  19. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

"Driver had serious injuries."
    First pic shows the front seat stacked up in front of the car. I wonder if the mounting bolts ripped through the seat frame or floor during impact? Also wonder if the car had lap belts and were they being used?
    I'll refrain on the DUI/road rage until there's more details.

Car wise, I'd say it's a total. Frame bent, front suspension, radiator, sheet metal wasted, etc.

If the owner doesn't buy it back from insurance, you local Portlander's should consider following it to auction. It would make a great builder!

2 dr or 4 dr Sedan roller. Use the frame, front sheet metal (and driver front door if it's a 4 dr.). Transfer the Coupe body, drivetrain, tank, pedals, interior, maybe the wiring harness, etc.
    Scrounge up a new dropped axle front end. The quarter is a bit gouged and dicked up but should save. Doesn't look like the cowl got pushed back into the door too hard.

Car looks to have been Street Rodded with a SBC w A/C, setback firewall, etc.

Wasn't there just another wrecked/burned 40 on the HAMB recently? Then of course the Tom Medley Coupe...

20. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Patterg is spot on. My grandmother totaled so many cars from going into Insulin shock they finally took her drivers license from her.

stillrunners likes this.
  21. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I don't know if the penalties in every state are the same, but in New York if you are convicted of DWI you are screwed. One young lady I know has accrued over $15,000 in lawyers, court and impound fees etc. She also lost her car and license. She also must attend 6 months of alcohol therapy classes and 6 months of community service. Only then can she re-apply for her license and this was her first offense. Simply not worth it.

Irish Mike and olscrounger like this.
  22. My ugly-ass step mother always bollixed up her insulin, a visiting nurse once said she wasn't reading the meter right. She winds up almost killing her and my dad back in 2009... ran into the back of a NY state trooper car when she went into a diabetic coma.

23. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I hope the driver is OK. That is a straight level part of 26. The hospital would have drawn blood and included a blood-alcohol test along with a normal workup. The Police would request it.

24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

But, first and foremost, we don't really have ANY facts about what caused this wreck.
    As to therapy for driving drunk they should hold classes behind bars, the round steel kind.

stillrunners likes this.
  25. RMONTY

RMONTY

Could have been a mechanical failure as well that caused the crash. Not everyone is as talented and knowledgeable as all the builders and old car owners are here on the HAMB! :rolleyes:

stillrunners likes this.
  26. We live with the results of a DUI every day and have been for the past 19 years, our daughter was hit head on by a drunk driver that crossed the center line, she was 8 months pregnant and suffered a broken leg, multiple cuts & abrasions, but the worst of it was a traumatic brain injury.

The driver of the truck that hit her left the scene when her car caught fire, she was unconscious, fortunately a off duty fireman came up on the wreck and pulled her out of the car along with her 3 three old daughter before the car was engulfed.

Melinda spent several weeks in the hospital, but due to her brain injury see couldn't funtion as a wife,mother or hold a job as a nurse, her dreams were shattered.

The drunk driver who was out of jail on bond for a previous DUI ended up spending 2 years in jail, the truck didn't have a tag and wasn't insured,he got of light.

Today her son is a FSU, her daughter followed in her mothers footsteps and is a nurse, Melinda lives with us and isn't capable of holding a job, her twin sister helps Brenda at the flower shop.

I have a intense dislike for people that get drunk and climb behind the wheel of a automobile and do not apologize for my stand on the subject. HRP

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  27. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

I have no faith in the media, here they could not even get DUI correct.

driver investigated for possible DUII

I would rather hear the story from the driver, not the media.

28. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Is DWI twice as bad as DUI? LOL But seriously, where did this suspected DUI allegation come from?

29. mickeyc

mickeyc

30. mickeyc

mickeyc

The right front fender appears to have sustained significant damage as well as the left which impacted the barrier. The front bumper possibly could have sheared and ripped out the headlight. I would be inclined to think there may have been another vehicle involved by the torn back section of the center of the right front fender? Hard to tell. An competent accident investigator should be able to determine the actual physical aspectsof the crash.