Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1937 chevy coupe help

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by shaun37, Jun 18, 2018.

1. shaun37

shaun37
    from Texas

ok here we go............new to this, well new to HAMB finally got a 1937 chevy coupe a dream come true .........I have have many old cars but not this old....... on a 1956 bel air if you need a part you buy it and have lots of choices on where you buy said part

now this is where I need some help where in the h&)( can you find parts I have been looking for fenders and its like the car was never built I can find truck finders all day, please tell me that im looking in all the wrong places the car is up and running but im going to tear it apart and see whats under this paint I know I will have to change things I can never leave well enough alone HELP

Eisenmann likes this.
  2. marvbarrish

marvbarrish
    from SoCal

My go to place for parts has always been Hemmings Motor News. I still subscribe to this day for over 40 years. You can also check out there web site for parts. They list quite a few dealers who part out cars. I&I reproduction parts also sometimes has spare body parts that they sell. Same with Chevs of the 40's. Good luck with your project.

3. shaun37

shaun37
    from Texas

Thanks I need all the help I can get.

4. Eisenmann

Eisenmann

I crashd my chevy last year and i want a new fender. i find a nos fender on e gay but it was too expensiv to bring to germany. so i find a guy here who build me e new one. wasn t cheap but it was the best i can do.Good luck . do you have pictures from the car?

nunattax likes this.

5. See fenders at swap meets here and thee. Wrecked mine a few years back. Looked around and located a good few fenders, but my body guy fixed my old ones, thankfully....

6. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Back in the 80's I built a 38 coupe and parts were hard to come by back then. Nice fenders are real hard to find and coupe doors are impossible to find. Forget about a coupe deck lid, they aren't around either. good luck with your project.

7. shaun37

shaun37
    from Texas

so i'm not crazy ......... this car is going to be 100% fab work.

8. shaun37

shaun37
    from Texas

thanks i ready do appreciate all the help I can get

9. edzagorsky

edzagorsky

I have two sets rear fenders needing work ,three coupe doors ,trunk lid , head light buckets , garnish interior moldings located in Pa. Ed.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. ...I have some nice front & rear 37-8 fenders...but I'm in Illinois

11. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

@edzagorsky,

You have a Conversation (Private Message)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  12. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Old Chicago did nice glass stuff . But that isn’t HAMB friendly . There are millions of them built , parts are around , but where you live causes a super tuff time also .

13. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Let's try this again:
    @edzagorsky
    You have a private message.