Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Going to give this a try '27 T build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by trcooperone, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Your "roller" has a great look to it. I'm watching!

2. I've been trying to find an Old post with a part number for ya. Someone had a current over the counter at NAPA for a low volume low pressure 6-V pump. So far it's eluding me.

3. sdroadster

sdroadster

Go to E&M auto parts. They have a little ticker electric fuel pump that makes 4psi max.

4. trcooperone

trcooperone
    from San Diego

Awesome, thanks!! Is 4 psi all I will need?

I am running a single Ford 94, it says it is model 19-99 on the side

5. trcooperone

trcooperone
    from San Diego

Any suggestions on where in San Diego to get my banger flywheel machined to take some weight off of it and be able to run a V8 clutch?

6. Fyresq

Fyresq
    from Minden, NV

View attachment 4278016 Body mounts in![/QUOTE]

Can I bother you for the measurements from the front of the middle crossmember to center hole on the front body mounts? My 27 that I’m mounting on A frame has a little twist and I need to mount it and get the subframe straight so I can line up the rear turtledeck. Just looking to get it close to center wheel well and I’ll adjust from there.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. sdroadster

sdroadster

I think a 94/97 only requires 1 1/2 psi or so. You will still need a pressure regulator.

8. Is weight pressure the same as Lb's of pressure? If so and a 1930 Model A tank holds 11 Gallons times 8 lb's per gallon that's 88 lbs of weight on the needle and seat. Hmmm, sounds like a Physics quandry to me but I do believe a 94 will be fine at 4 lb's of pump pressure. I used to know all these numbers but Age seems to be poking holes in my memory chip. Not so sure I'd go to the bank on this line of thought.

9. sdroadster

sdroadster

I was wrong, it is 2 1/2 psi max. Google it..

10. 50John

50John
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For fuel pressure we're typically talking pounds per square inch. You need to divide your 88 pounds by the square inches of the tank bottom.

Pist-n-Broke likes this.
  11. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Yes, it is the height of the fluid column, and the weight of the fluid that determines hydrostatic pressure. Weight × Height (in feet, or decimal fractions of feet) × .052 will give you hydrostatic pressure in psi. Very important in oil and gas drilling, it is what keeps it in the ground while you drill into it.

Jet96 and Pist-n-Broke like this.
  12. trcooperone

trcooperone
    from San Diego

Thank you for all the responses!!

Now where in San Diego can I get my flywheel machines down for a v8 clutch and lightened up?

Fyresq, I can get the measurements for you!

13. Third DodgeBrother

Third DodgeBrother

Late to the thread, so I shouldn't comment on your drive train choice. But I will anyway! I chose the complete drive train from a Thunderbird turbo coupe: four cylinder, turbocharger, WC T5, 8.8 rear, hydraulic clutch, disk brakes with emergency caliper. If three speeds are good, five should be just right! I've thought about a copper Roof type valve cover, u-fab tubular intake with carb, ranger tube exhaust, and cloth wires with mechanical distributer, to get closer to period correct. No decision yet!

14. trcooperone

trcooperone
    from San Diego

CD5F8DA8-0DA8-41EB-B34E-9C7B7BA3B074.jpeg A0D7C5AE-6921-46C0-898B-05B1FD1421B1.jpeg 158F1CCC-2EC5-461E-8E76-10E385FA56CB.jpeg 881EDDF2-B223-4D11-8BB4-F7C54BE0BF86.jpeg Got some work done today which felt good. I got the exhaust nicked up, electronic ignition set up, rebuilt the carb and installed the powergen alternator!

15. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

I run a holley 6 volt on mine with a regulator. Started at 2 1/2 pounds but, it seemed a little to much, slowly got it to 1 1/2. That's where it seems to be happy. As for your flywheel, there has to be some one in San Diego, but if all else fails, you might try Egge Machine in Santa Fe springs. I was there on Tuesday picking up a rear main seal for a hemi, and the guy mentioned they do Babbitt and other things, so maybe? Good luck with it.