Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Morris Minor Gasser build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by southcross2631, Oct 22, 2016.

1. catdad49

catdad49

Mike, what an awesome little Beast you have built! Can't wait to see it on the track. Had a knee done 4 yrs. ago, best thing I ever did. All the Best for You and the Wife, Carp.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    Fiddle Picker, loudbang and enloe like this.
  2. southcross2631

southcross2631

RigorMorris my front axle width from the center of the king pins is 47 inches. It is a 53 Ford F100 axle and spindles with GM rotors and calipers. The disc brakes were on the axle when I got it so I don't know who made the adapters.

RigorMorris and Fiddle Picker like this.
  3. southcross2631

southcross2631

catdad49. Thanks for the kind words. She is determined to rehab and be ready for us to make the August 31 st SEGA race at Motor Mile in Radford, Va. Maybe we will see you there.

Fiddle Picker and catdad49 like this.
  4. catdad49

catdad49

Listen to the Doc, take the meds so that she can do the physical training and she should do great. The operation is the easy part (generally), the recovery is the bitch! With your help, she will be back at it in no time. I'm going to try to make a race this year, just don't know which one.

Fiddle Picker and loudbang like this.
  5. @catdad49 has it exactly right. Take the meds, do the rehab, listen to the docs is the best way forward after a knee replacement. Good luck with the wife & project!

6. southcross2631

southcross2631

My 6.00 ring and pinion got delivered last night. So it looks like my weekend will be taken up with swapping that out. It should help wake it up.

7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Here is the video that you sent me.
    if you need me to post more videos let me know.

Randall, AHotRod, Dog_Patch and 8 others like this.
  8. RigorMorris

RigorMorris

Thank You as always

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. southcross2631

southcross2631

Well after a week of distractions I finally got my new REM polished 6.00 gear set installed. Tomorrow I will throw it back in the car and run it in. It is too bad no one will see the polished gears, they look like chrome.
    Hopefully squeeze in a test before the Va. SEGA race the end of the month. I do know a nice back road out by the golf course where I work . Just got to get the wife off her walker and back on 2 legs so she can drive the truck and trailer. DSCF3548.JPG DSCF3549.JPG

10. 6sally6

6sally6

Welllllllllllll......that video was a "teaser"...that for sure.
    Thanx
    6sally6

Fiddle Picker, enloe and loudbang like this.
  11. southcross2631

southcross2631

That's all I got. Sorry will try and shoot some more the next time I go to the track.

Fiddle Picker, enloe and AHotRod like this.
  12. AHotRod

AHotRod

I love the Morris, it looks cool.
    Have you chosen a name for it and a color (s)?

13. catdad49

catdad49

Shiny! Hope the Wife is doing OK.

14. southcross2631

southcross2631

AHotRod it will be school bus yellow and it will be called " Dancing Rabbit ".

15. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

YOU GET MORE VIDEO SEND IT TO ME AND I WILL POST IT FOR YOU.

16. southcross2631

southcross2631

Just got the chunk back in the car, but it is going to be tough for me to get any track time in the next few weeks. With my wife laid up and me having to take care of her and I have to work quite a few hours at the golf course. My cart barn boys started back to school and until I can find some bodies to replace them I have to cover those shifts.

Fiddle Picker likes this.
  17. southcross2631

southcross2631

With the heat advisory we had in Tn. today I was looking for something to do without going outside so I decided to put some temporary lettering on the car until fall when I paint and letter the whole car so here's the driver side. tomorrow is suppose to be hotter so I will do the pass. side tomorrow. DSCF3550.JPG

18. Lettering looks good! (As does the updated profile pic. :))

Fiddle Picker, loudbang and enloe like this.
  19. southcross2631

southcross2631

Hope to get it out in a week or so as soon as the wife's knee recovers.

20. southcross2631

southcross2631

I am off tomorrow and I will take it around the block to check the stop sign to stop sign acceleration with the 6.00 gear. Maybe I can get some video.

21. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mike,

I bet that beast is going to scoot with that new rear gear! If you can get some video that would be great but the main thing is to have fun!

Steve

22. catdad49

catdad49

Make sure you're holding on!

Thor1, Fiddle Picker and loudbang like this.
  23. Fiddle Picker

Fiddle Picker

Watching !!

catdad49 and loudbang like this.
  24. southcross2631

southcross2631

Haven't had the car out of the garage. My line lock button shorted out and waiting my S.S. check so I can order a new shift knob with a line lock button built in. Spent the time cutting my trailer and making it a beaver tail. Bent my wheelie bars last time I unloaded it . Too steep an angle on the ramps.

chryslerfan55, enloe and AHotRod like this.
  25. Fiddle Picker

Fiddle Picker

Closer !! Virginia is getting close. Hope you make it. I will be watching. Looking good Mike !

26. southcross2631

southcross2631

If I don't make Virginia , then Knoxville is only an hour away. I would rather spend some time testing than tow almost 300 miles untested.

27. Fiddle Picker

Fiddle Picker

Ha ! You're more patient than I was ! I towed 400 miles to Knoxville for the first time last year and untested with the 4 speed. I should have waited, wouldn't go down the track without blowing through the clutch. I had a bad case of racing gas I had to blow out ! Live and learn !

28. southcross2631

southcross2631

I have waited this long. One more month won't kill me. It will give my wife a chance to recover better from her knee replacement so she can walk the pits.
    We were going to go to the cruise-in in Cleveland, Tn. last Saturday but she wouldn't have been able to walk around and she darned sure can't crawl over the cage to get in the car.
    Looking to go to Crossville or Brainerd for testing in a week or so.

29. southcross2631

southcross2631

Did some lettering on the car. The oneshot stayed tacky for 2 days in the garage so I had to put it outside in the sun to bake the paint some. DSCF3557.JPG

30. southcross2631

southcross2631

Took it over to a guys shop to weigh the car this morning. It surprised me a little that my guess was as close as it ended up being.
    It weighed 2460 with me in it. To run B/Gas in the SEGA I need to weigh 2456 with my 307 cubic inch motor. So it will put me in good shape as far as weight goes, now I need to add about a hundred horsepower. This winter I will need a new short block . I have a 65 289 block already machined and a crank ready . I just need pistons and rods and a new cam. need to bump the compression to about 14 to1 and call Cam Research for a new bump stick and I might be half way competitive.
    The top runners are spending more for their engines than I have in my whole car and trailer put together.