Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Labor Day projects?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Sep 2, 2019.

1. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

Be safe and good luck

2. It's going to be a high tech/low tech day. I gotta mow a couple of acres, trim a hedge, break down a tire with a tread separation, and disassemble a Qjet to raise the float level. I set it to the specs from the instructions in the kit, but I ran out of gas on a long, steep hill yesterday, and I was not a happy camper. It is working well otherwise, so it is almost certain to be the float level.
    I have lots of fuel to the carb, and at the right pressure. Additionally, the previous, worn out carb worked fine, but I have it apart to repair the internal leaking. I hope to finish that today or tomorrow, and may just put the old one back on. Decisions
    Bob

3. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

Thanks, now I have to get my but gear.

low budget and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

1E332EB6-F2AC-4888-94B2-9BDD58DF1FC2.jpeg Worked on installing taillights. For some reason, the first one was easier.

Ron Funkhouser and low budget like this.
  5. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Spent the day plumbing a brake system from end to end on my 51. All new lines, fittings, rubber, and brake components. I love, and hate, bending brake lines.

6. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

A8350D50-05A5-4269-9417-EEAE6CECFA39.jpeg D28B47CB-66A2-4BBE-B9EA-98AC90E9F023.jpeg B7792271-698C-41F3-BA50-4BEAAD685566.jpeg Got my buddies T roadster painted.

7. 31 Chopped Coupe

31 Chopped Coupe

Went to the local Pick-N-Pull and scored a T-5 shifter out of a Mustang to use with my S-10 5 speed conversion. This was half price weekend so it only cost twenty bucks for the shifter and the boot. The place was crazy busy, looked like ants crawling everywhere.

8. After all that work, it turned out that I was wrong. I went to the same hill to check if the float adjustment worked, and the engine crapped out again!
    This time I saw the pressure drop, so it is a supply problem. I checked the pump and it is fine, so now I have confirmed that it is an obstruction in the tank.
    I had the foresight to bring my portable air supply, and applied air to the line between the engine and the tank. That got me home, so now I have to drop the tank and clean it. What fun.
    It is a good thing that I have three filters in the system.
    Bob

9. I took a break from looking for station wagons to redo our wrap around deck at our cabin home.Here are before and after pictures.Bruce. 005.JPG

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  10. Heres after.Bruce. 003.JPG

Desoto291Hemi, Tim, j-jock and 4 others like this.
  11. I did the back out side one too.Heres before. 002.JPG

12. Heres after, boy was it hot.Now back to looking for that certain station wagon.Bruce. 010.JPG

Desoto291Hemi, AVater, Tim and 6 others like this.
  13. exterminator

exterminator

32SEDAN and low budget like this.
  14. Droopydogg

Droopydogg

Bruce Fischer and low budget like this.
  15. Bruce, I need to invite you to come down to my place for a visit, oh, and bring your cleaning equipment. :DHRP

Bruce Fischer, low budget and Tim like this.
  16. alchemy

alchemy

IMG_2733.JPG

IMG_2741.JPG

I dug some upholstery out of the attic to deliver to Fireman Dan next weekend at the Greenfield swap meet. He might use it in his old 32 roadster.

Fireman Dan's roadster.png

17. I am pleased to announce that the bulb has been replaced and as always a simple 10 minute job turned out to be almost a two hours.

Naturally I was out of rough service bulbs so a quick trip to my local Ace Hardware and stand in a long Labor Day line with only one register open but needless to say I was the only person with one item and cash in my hand and everybody else was using credit cards but eventually it was my turn and I was on my way, that is until I notice a elderly lady with a flat tire parked next to me and she looked distraught so I offered assistance.

She explained she didn't have a spare tire so I offered to take the tire off and go down the street to get the tire repaired, upon arrival I got the tire out of the truck and Bill told be the tire is shot.

Me and my big mouth, I ask if he had a good used tire the same size and he did, I told him lets go with that, I paid him and went back to the parking lot and the lady is no where in sight, so I put the tire back on the car and put the jack in the back seat floorboard of her car.

As I was getting back in my truck she came out of the store beside the hardware store and thanked me and ask me what she owed me, she may have been one of the richest people in town but from the looks of the car and she looked like she didn't have a pot to piss in so I told her nothing, with that I drove back home, drug out my ladder and changed the bulb.

So I now have a light in my globe for just a mere $23.84, now that's a bargain. HRP

18. HRP, what goes around, comes around. It isn't about how everyone else is, it is about who we are. Good on you.
    Bob

low budget and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Hit up greaserama this weekend and scored some better front fenders for the A and finished dropping it another 3 or 4 inches all around. 4BB8B419-037D-4148-A1B0-9A2CFDB51086.jpeg 99F463C9-7786-47C0-BA21-DC76AD4C6B76.jpeg

20. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Younger guy at work had a flat when he pulled out of his driveway a couple weeks ago (so he said??)and missed a day of work over it, told me he got a used tire put on but had 4 different size 15 inch tires on now, I told him I had a couple I would give him if he wanted, Yeah, he said bring em in.....they have been in the bed of my truck starting on the second week now:rolleyes: ...reminded him to get em a couple times..... They arent that great but Im getting ready to put em back in my stash if he doesnt act pretty quick:D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. 55styleliner

55styleliner

Built 3 shelves, 24” deep the full depth of the 12x24 shed. Now to get all of the crap out of my shop!!

C32E6A3F-495C-40F6-A955-B910C7B308BD.jpeg

JNKYARDDOG_1, j-jock, RMONTY and 2 others like this.
  22. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Nice work Bruce--Certainly Labor Day at your place!

Bruce Fischer and low budget like this.
  23. RMONTY

RMONTY

Final product of the ceiling project. Lights are next. My arms and shoulders need a day or two of rest though after 14 sheets of OSB and 3 boxes of 1 5/8" inch screws..... 20190903_163847.jpg

low budget likes this.
  24. He is probably waiting for you to mount them for him, some peoples children are just lazy and don't appreciate when someone is doing them a favor. HRP

low budget likes this.
  25. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I started the day off with another attempt at firing off the Lincoln. Tried two different firing orders, checking and double checking timing, setting points, etc., still no dice. After further investigation, I've decided the distributor is worn out, only allowing the points to open on some cylinders and not others. Ordered a small cap HEI tonight, that should fix it.

My holiday was shorter than most people, since I usually start my week on Sunday afternoon, I didn't start this week until Monday afternoon. Felt pretty good when I left out, stopped and ate supper, then a little while later started feeling miserable, so I stopped about 50 miles short of my delivery point, figuring to get in there early this morning.....wrong! Hit that damn Atlanta traffic just wrong, took me nearly 2.5 hours for what should have been an easy hours drive, ugggghhhh! Then to add insult to injury, got a heater hose that decided to start leaking on the way back. Truck was way to hot to fix it this afternoon, got to jump on it in the morning, load will probably be a day late. Probably be a half a days job to fix, stupid engineering sticking the heater hoses up in a cubby hole you can just barely get your hands into with a wrench.

low budget likes this.
  26. Now that one hell of a shed...… I need a couple of them

low budget likes this.
  27. southcross2631

southcross2631

DSCF3557.JPG Spent the morning finishing the lettering on the Morris and had to work the pro shop at the golf course in the afternoon.