Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hershey spaces

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theHIGHLANDER, Sep 2, 2019.

1. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Who's got 2 too many? With the loss of part of the red field I'm not surprised they sent my check back with a too-bad-so-sad letter. Big hiccup in my plans so thought I'd take a chance.

2. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

Did they not offer you spaces on another field? I am on the orange field OAD1&2 . open spaces on that field

3. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

I thought the last word from the headquarters was that everyone who requested spaces before the deadline was accommodated- somewhere. Did your application and check arrive in time?

4. oldolds

oldolds

Did anyone get their stickers yet. I am in the chocolate field and have not received them yet. As of Friday some other friends are in the same boat

5. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My regular spots were always shared. The original vendor tried to have them put in my name for good. Hiccups in that convoluted process made that fail so I simply applied for 2 wherever spaces. I got a very polite "sucks to be you, we're out..." letter.

6. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

What happened to the red field?

7. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

The south end of the Red field, roughly bounded by the stadium and the original arena- has been taken up temporarily as a staging area for the equipment that is expanding the amusement park. After that is finished, and apparently before Hershey 2020, the area will return to swap meet use.
    For this year, those vendors who were displaced are to be distributed about the other areas- some along the roads that serve Chocolate World- and others throughout the other fields. In 2020, most will have the option to return to the Red Field South, or remain in their new spots. As a result, the whole situation is tighter that previous years. However, those who applied in time were accommodated in some fashion.

8. derbydad276

derbydad276

thought about going ... damn hotel rooms are expensive

9. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Yes, expensive if you wait until now and expect to sleep a few miles away. However, there are plenty of rooms in nearby Carlisle, or other places north of Hershey along I-81 that are quite reasonable. If you want close and cheap, you have to make that reservation in a January for the following October. (Before corporate remembers they want to jack the rates for the car show crowd).
    A newer twist is something like AirBnb. Folks are renting their extra rooms out at more reasonable rates.

10. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

I got all my paperwork for the orange field today

11. oldolds

oldolds

My Chocolate field stickers arrived today as well.

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

link for event?

13. I was in the affected Red field (Racers Row) and moved to the Chocolate field right next to the red field, got my stickers today.