Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods T tub from Pittsburgh Pa area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48stude, Aug 30, 2019.

1. 48stude

48stude

I'm just curious about this T tub that was at the Nats East in Timonium - 1977 The caption says blown flathead from the Pittsburgh Pa area. I think this car is super cool . I wonder if it's still around. Bill Scan_20190830 (3).png

Jalopy Joker and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. alchemy

alchemy

Yes it is. The builder is a HAMBer who just recently sold the car after owning it for decades. I can't remember his name. It looks pretty much the same.

3. I'd love to see more!

4. 48stude

48stude

Me too !!

5. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

6. 48stude

48stude

Sure looks like it to me. Although I prefer it with the fenders and wires back on the rear.
    241.JPG

7. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the pictures (especially the first one). I am in the middle of probably my last project, putting one last car together from all of my leftovers. Basically, I also have a "T" tub body, a set of '35 wires, a '32 grille shell, and a built flathead. Unfortunately, I am lacking the blower (I have a Navarro "Universal" dual I am going to use instead). This shows me what I'll probably come up with and I like it. I don't know about the deuce grille shell though after seeing the second picture. I am more leaning towards a traditional "T" radiator.

8. Agreed!

Inked Monkey and 48stude like this.
  9. ... probably didn't have that Cheshire Cat looking checkerboard crap on the grille bars "in the day" either. Sorry, but not a fan of that treatment.

Would love to see a full photographic accounting of how good it looked when built. Likely, fairly bitch'n.

48stude likes this.