Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How do you deal with this summer heat when driving your hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Left my house after work to go to the gym, around 86 and humid. Left the gym around 6:30, headed for home but detoured into a local market to grab some 1/2 off sushi, they mark it down on Wednesdays, always fresh though.. It was clouding up and a front was moving in.. I got caught in a crazy t-storm, drenched on the way back to the car, but at least it cooled off.

2. BJR

BJR

Don't buy day old sushi.:p

Deuces likes this.
  3. 42˚18'N 83˚09'W

42˚18'N 83˚09'W

Here in Maine we just turn the heater down a little or drive up to the County.

pitman and nunattax like this.
  4. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

BD14D0CD-6FDB-4BDF-ACE0-9F840B5854D7.jpeg I drive my coupe all year long the heat doesn’t bother me,and I live in sunny Florida.

woodsnwater likes this.
  5. The 37 has no AC on a long trip back from Louisville to Pa. got so hot I almost pasted out . pulled off the road and noticed my steering column was really hot to the touch . It was a old Corvair column and I forgot to install seal at bottom of tube . All the hot air from exhaust manifold was going up column and into my face ! After I got back I replaced seal and no more heat from column .

6. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

What did they do in 1950? Get over it!

7. We never had AC in cars when most of us started driving, we drove, we sweated like pigs. Now we have newer cars at our disposal, all the comforts we can imagine. I for one am spoiled by it. I was out in the '59 Ford late yesterday, probably put 60 miles on the car and the ride home, I had the heat going.

8. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

I have fans in my el camino. I have a 8" radiator fan mounted in the smugglers box that pulls air out of the cab, out of roof area between the steel and headliner and the rear inner fenders for when it rains. Fans really do work if you mount them in the best places..

Attached Files: