Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Mooneys of Santa Fe. Cali.........reputable??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 34Larry

34Larry

They subcontract part sales. I ordered Hemi spark plug tubes, ($135.00) from Hot Rod Hardware and they in turn had Mooneyes provide theirs, which are at least a half inch to long as they are intended for use with Mooneyes valve covers. I think both of these company's should know that, and at the very least called and asked if the tubes were for Mooneyes covers or for stock covers. Now I got to send them back, hope they refund the $$$$.
    I recall when Dean sold out to a Japanese company and there were issues, that's been a while back. At least I think that's the way it went down.
    Maybe some of you So. Cal. guys can chip in here and give me the lowdown.

2. 34Larry

34Larry

Bump, need to know.

3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Stock ones would be too short to fit their MQQNEYES covers. You are lucky they are long, they can be cut and re-flared. Tubes for Donovan race hemi's are $36 ea

4. 34Larry

34Larry

I have stock ones, valve covers, not Mooneyes they should have called to clarified that is what I' alluding to.

5. alchemy

alchemy

egads, Hnstray, lurker mick and 7 others like this.
  6. Maybe they assumed you would read the information they provided about the product before ordering it.:rolleyes:

egads, Blue One, Hnstray and 6 others like this.
  7. I've dealt with Mooneyes for some time, never had a problem!

egads, Hnstray and 49ratfink like this.
  8. You say you did the actual ordering from HRH, not Mooneyes if i read correctly. So isn't your issue with HRH?

49ratfink and Fordors like this.
  9. Hombre

Hombre

Larry I understand why you feel the way you do, I also don't think Mooneys or HRH are really to blame for this problem. Do You? Now with that said there is no need to pay $135.00 for a set of tubes. Check the classifieds here and you will see that a HAMBER "Me. Gasser" his name is Larry, he is in Maine has sets for your stock valve covers at around $30.00 a set. Great guy and a man of his word I have done business with him many times and will again in the future. He is also a HAMB guy and I personally would much rather see my money go to a HAMB member than anyone else when given a choice.

10. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I need something from Moon I drive over to SFS on Norwalk Blvd and pick it up. I've even bought wheel discs with no holes. Resturant right next door is good for breakfast...

kidcampbell71 and Hombre like this.
  11. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^This is a prime example how to read thoroughly, listen to the real problem, come up with a solution, defuse the issue and treat the OP with respect and dignity.

Don't make a habit of it! :cool:

12. 34Larry

34Larry

This is my answer for all you questioning my intelligence. HRH's web page banner:
    Hemi Spark Plug Tubes And Seals 331, 354 & 392 Only

From Moon Eyes.
    this means diddly squat to me, it should say for mooneyes covers only........maybe??

I needed tubes for my 331.
    I know nothing of Mooneyes and their products.
    Thinking that "tubes for "331, 354 & 392" are for production (stock) is what that means I ordered.
    I assumed, (makes an ass out of you and ME,) the measurements shown were stock, I had never measured mine and mine were not out of the engine.

"It shows a pic of the aluminum valve covers in the background, it says the tubes are from Mooneyes, and it gives the measurements right on the page. How could you go wrong with all that information right in front of you?"

I should have ordered from Hot Heads as I always had but its on the East Coast and takes forever to get here, and I was showing that weekend and coming up from Cal. was much faster.
    My fault? Yes partly, should have taken the time to tare into the engine, measure, know they wouldnt work for me. They are now on the way back and I've learned a a lot about ordering on line blindly.

13. Colin HD

Colin HD

Nothing but praise for the them!
    Purchased some special order MQQN discs from the UK.
    Great quality, reasonable shipping, spot on!

49ratfink likes this.
  14. MOJO1963GMC

MOJO1963GMC
    from Abilene,TX

1st and last order I made was around 2009 or 2010. Ordered a steering wheel, some valve caps and some ididit parts. It took 4 months before I got my order

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

15. 34Larry

34Larry

This comment has nothing to do with our hobby. I'll not be party to or take time away from the subject at hand, with answering such a ,not on topic innuendo.

16. 34Larry

34Larry

Thanks MOJO1963GMC

17. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

From whom did you order? There are TWO companies names in play here and your post is not clear about which of them you were dissatisfied with. If you are going to criticize, the least you can do is to be specific.

Ray

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  18. 34Larry

34Larry

MOONEYS OF SANTA FE. CALI.........REPUTABLE??
    Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Yesterday at 7:22 PM.

1. [​IMG]
      34Larry
      from Federal Way, Washington

Mooneys subcontracts part sales from Hotrod hardware ,with whom I ordered Hemi spark plug tubes, ($135.00) from Hot Rod Hardware. They in turn had Mooneyes provide their tubes which are at least a half inch to long as they are intended for use with Mooneyes valve covers. I need(ed) stock. The dissatisfaction is with both for not being clear enough about what the tubes fit, aftermarket covers or stock orders, and it is as I have said partly my fault as well for not knowing the the length my Hemi takes, which I surly do now.
    Sorry for the confusion Hnstray

19. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

34Larry...I think you have it backwards with all due respect. I agree with Groucho...you ordered from HRH...who subcontracts parts sales to Moon. It is HRH's responsibility to list what they sell on their website accurately. As proven by other guys Moon does exactly that on their site. I dont really see what Moon did wrong here..

deucemac, lurker mick and 49ratfink like this.
  20. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

@34Larry ..........

My question and comments were not directed to you, but in response to @MOJO1963GMC , whose post #15 is the one that needs clarification.

Ray

egads likes this.
  21. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

@alchemy included a link in his post #5 to HRH’s ad for the tubes in question. That ad includes all pertinent dimensions of the tubes they are offering. IMO, the dimensions supersede verbal descriptions.

I have no connection with HRH, have never done business with them and don’t have any idea if I will ever have occasion to. However, I do believe accuracy in claims and complaints is of utmost importance. “The Devil Is In The Details”......

Ray

lurker mick, belair and Fordors like this.
  22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

well isn't that special.:confused:

Torana68 and WiredSpider like this.
  23. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

The beef is with HRH entirerly .
    From the MQQN catalog ----
    MOON "No Name" Valve Covers
    This is a set of eight (8) spark plug tubes and the seals needed for the MOON "No Name" Chrysler HEMI Valve Covers.
    Made in USA

Now you can use our super spark plug tubes and seals for your MOON "Hemi" valve covers. These are a precise reproduction of the originals. For 354 and 392 only.

MPPT392 (set of 8) Tubes and Seals
    Clearly states fitment to MQQN covers and no mention of stock replacments, and for 354 & 392 only. I am bewilderd on why you think that MQQN should/would call you to see if you ordered the right parts??

24. 34Larry

34Larry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay one more time. I had no knowledge, none, zip, of Mooneyes Parts. I saw no catalog description as you point out.
    I was under the impression HRH supplied their own parts.................. not parts from
    vendors they subcontract with. Damn this is getting to be a drag. I'm satisfied just to get them out-a-here and I'll never again post problems warning of orders being wrong. Let some one else take the heat. And HRH is off my list of suppliers also.

RJP likes this.
  25. thanks for the heads up on Mooneyes, and HRH. Sorry you had to take the heat.

26. Okay ... but don't forget to contact @ME.GASSER

That's the biggest lesson, I got out of this thread. So thank you.

Probably the coolest, husband and wife ... Willys and racing ... tandems we have on the HAMB.

Hit 'em up.

27. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

This has to be one of the most convoluted and misinformed threads I have read in a long time!

Reading is fundamental. Comprehension depends on it. The majority of comments show an appalling lack of both.

Ray

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  28. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That’s lacking in a good many cases like this.
    I’m also wondering if there’s a little bit of the cranky old curmudgeon coming through too :D:D

kidcampbell71 and Hnstray like this.
  29. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

Damnit , another wasted two minutes......

30. alchemy

alchemy

I think the next time I need some parts I’ll place an order with Hot Rod Hardware.

kidcampbell71 and Hombre like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.