Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the site, got some rust that needs help

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Vintage Rust, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Vintage Rust

Vintage Rust

Hi everyone!,
    been looking online for help quite a bit, off and on (20 + years) and always seemed to find answers on this site, so i thought id join."better late than never"
    i mostly learned a lot on(and grew up with) fords but have found myself working on everything under the sun as a vintage mechanic(not by trade but by choice hobby wise) is harder and harder to come by. Im always up for the challange of rare or hard to find parts so that seems to make projects find me(see the items i have) plus I tend to overextend in everything i do!
    the williness to learn plus having friends that lived through the 50s-60s have shown me what most have dreamed of. in terms of experence.
    Im great at researching what origonally came in the vehicle but want to expand options as to what will bolt to what, plus always want to share any and all info if possible to help preserve what little history is left of the living/rolling antiques that we posess.
    thanks for reading this and i am always interested in every project!

First of three questions that i got,

1953 international R130, Black Diamond 220 ci,. looking for parts for the engine. Does anyone supply this?

if these are too far gone, i.e. parts are only made to order, then i would love to swap a 300 ci ford as they bolt up to the T98 BW tranny that came stock with the R130. second question is will it fit? need measurements on the ford engine.

Third question is, does anyone make a adaptor for a 200 ci ford as there is one for sale for 100.00 locally and it would probably be a better fit as the ci size closer to the stock 220.

thanks much for reading

Ill post pics tomorrow as its getting pretty late

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. I have done no searching for international parts but I have found it surprising what can be found in the O'riley Auto parts catalog for many old vehicles. Also Google can be your friend on finding what you need. Using Google looking for suppliers for both my 46 Chevy Coupe as well as my 50 Plymouth Deluxe turned up some very good parts sources. Give these a try. Good luck, Jimmie

3. I don't have any answers to your questions, but just wanted to say thanks for joining and the great introduction. Good luck with your projects.

4. Slopok

Slopok

Have you tried Rock Auto?

5. Vintage Rust

Vintage Rust

20170830_193101.jpg Thanks for the responses,
    O'rileys stores are hit or miss in California, or at least around the central coast. Ill check the store i do have luck with as they do have quite a few antique tractor parts for our local AG businesses. Supposidly they have the brake master cylinder even though its 140.00 bones!!

Rock auto had a few items but nothing like cams or bottom end internals from what i have seen. I might have to call them.

Heck, I contacted I.H. america located in Grass Valley Ca. who specialize in scouts and travelalls(great people by the way) but they dont stock any 220 ci parts.

its unfortunate that certain engines/vehicles are less popular than others therefore dont get the support like others. but thats the thrill of the game!

6. Slopok

Slopok

You may also want to check out oldihc.org. It's a forum all about various Binders.