Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Frog Follies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by musclecars, Aug 25, 2019.

1. musclecars

musclecars

I'm only going to post the link to my photos I snapped at Frog Follies on Saturday.Arrived around 8am and left at 4pm and by the time I was back on 41 it was close to 5pm,cluster f... getting out of the grounds.I had a good time even though the grass was really wet from Fridays rain storm and the swap area was like a mud bog in certain areas...anyhoo,over 1600 pics to look at so I appreciate you taking the time to check them out.

https://public.fotki.com/62704/frog-follies-pre-49/45th-annual/

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    47ragtop and loudbang like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Notice: Path Not Found -- Error?

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...Yupp...What JJ said...Link No Worky...;)

4. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

5. larry k

larry k

And what happened to the HAMB meet and greet Saturday at 1:00 ?????????????

6. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Great pics. Thanks for taking the time to do this. If NSRA wasn't so greedy they could have a show like this'

Fordnut40 and hammer-time like this.
  7. nor6304

nor6304
    from Indiana

Good picture's Thank you for posting

8. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Thanks for sharing your pics. :D

MMM1693 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Vonn Ditch

Vonn Ditch
    from LA

Thanks for putting up the pictures man. You walked a ton to get that many shots.

I drove up to the Follies for the first time in about 4 years, met up with some buddies who saved me a parking spot, pulled out my chair and talked about old times and old cars. I went to this car show for more than 20 years straight, never missed. I went back to my roots several years ago and since then I've been building and driving real hot rods, you know, traditional hot rods, flatheads and early ohv engines. My tastes in the events I attend has changed too. Hill climbs, dirt drags, Lone Star roudup, Bayou roundup and similar smaller venues are the ones I go to now days.

This weekend, at the Frog follies, it could just as well have been 1980, with the little green frogs, fake dogs pissing on a tire, the little boy leaned up against the front tire, tweed interiors, two tone paint, air conditioning. Don't get me wrong it's a big event and obviously people love going, you couldn't squeeze in another car on Saturday. In the past I made some good purchases at the swap meet. Not this time, it was the worst I can ever remember, for me anyway.

All in all I'm glad they have it, but it's not my cup of tea anymore, impossible traffic, mud, absolutely no parking space, dated cars. I guess the Hamb has moved me in the direction I've always wanted to go.

10. musclecars

musclecars

Fordnut40 likes this.
  11. Ron Emerson

Ron Emerson

Hey Thanks for the pics for those of us that had other things going on. But I have a question did you take any time for yourself ?
    Thanks again!
    Ron.

12. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

THANX FOR THE GREAT PICS

13. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Another thanks. Enjoyed them.

14. Great pics! Thanks for sharing with us.

15. jbon64

jbon64
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i was fortunate enough to roll in friday morning during the rain. let the rain ease up ,put on my raincoat and headed in. my new pet peeve right below the rascal scooters is now those little spines that stick out from an umbrella. i got yacked in the head , nearly got my eye poked out and my hat knocked off my head by people not watching what they were doing .

lake_harley and musclecars like this.
  16. There were some beautiful cars there & then there were some questionable stuff also.

Thanks for sharing. HRP

17. musclecars

musclecars

please don't get me started on scooters,I can understand if you need to use one for health reasons but I can't understand seeing people perfectly able to walk(my opinion)using one only for the pure reason of too lazy to walk and some people look like a good walking wouldn't hurt.

18. musclecars

musclecars

Well actually I did stop and grabbed a bottle of water and took a short break.The weather was perfect for walking,although walking thru the grass in the early morning hours was pretty damp and when I got back home I noticed mud dust on the bottom of my pant legs.Me,myself and I had a good time talking to the owners about their cars and actually met some people I know from here in town so it was a good day.

19. musclecars

musclecars

I agree and thanks to all for checking out the show coverage

20. 29moonshine

29moonshine

I went and met some good people ,and
    had a good time it was a 11hr drive but it was well worth the trip. most of the people I met
    knew about their cars and could tell you about them. not like most shows where they have to give you a business card to call the shop that built it for them

hammer-time likes this.
  21. lake_harley

lake_harley

At least the rain and mud kept the scooters to a minimum in the swap meet area!:)

Lynn

Fordnut40 likes this.
  22. Slopok

Slopok

Doesn't look like you missed any, thanks for takin the time to post for those of us that couldn't attend.:cool:

23. Fordnut40

Fordnut40

Mud dust?

24. my2nd40

my2nd40
    from Tennessee

I went up there on Saturday. Longest time waiting in traffic since Woodstock in '69.

wizzo likes this.
  25. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Bonn Ditch, I even saw some pastel colors with graphics. I think some are just finishing out their time. I will keep going as long as I can walk the event. I saw some neat traditional builds and walked past the stuff I didn't care to look at. There were some cool 60's style T buckets in attendance.

i.rant likes this.
  26. musclecars

musclecars

made that up I guess,dried dirt at the ankle area of my pants it had to come from walking the grass when I first got there in the morning as it was pretty wet.I better get a patent on that before some rock band decides that's a cool name for the band...lol

27. musclecars

musclecars

I finally was able to cover the whole grounds,usually spend a couple hours in the swap meet and vendor area but decided to just do a quick walk thru.Some of the cars that were for sale I took pics of because it was on my back to where I was parked.

28. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I find the swap meet rock way too large, makes it difficult to walk. needs some smaller ballast

29. Mongo coverage for sure, thanks.

30. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of my crowning achievements was the route I accidentally found. We've always stayed at I-67 and Lloyd Expressway, east of down town. In my effort to find ethanol free gasoline I found myself on St. Joseph Ave. north of Lloyd Expressway. As it turned out St. Joseph Avenue goes all the way north to Boonville-New Harmony Rd. At that intersection turn right and drive a couple miles through the country side and you end up at the Fairgrounds. No line as you are arriving from the opposite direction that the other 1000's of cars.

Just don't tell anybody.

my2nd40 likes this.