Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SOLD the newer Buick wagon , now looking for a new project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Got to call a fellow tonight on a 1959 Ford Edsel Villager station wagon..I don't what kind of shape its in but the price sounds right. I will let you all know what happens. Thanks.Bruce.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  2. Bruce, Keep in mine I know of a couple Edsel wagons in the woods. Plus a few cars also, all are cheap and can be good for parts too.

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  3. '59 Edsel shares lots of parts with that year Ford.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  4. sunbeam

sunbeam

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  5. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think the Edsel would qualify as BIG UGLY!

6. The '59 was the best looking of all 3 years the cars were made. Someone local had a nice '59 sedan I was interested in, we were about $4000 apart on the price...

7. Thanks Ron.Bruce.

chryslerfan55 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  8. 51504bat.YUP.LOL.Bruce.

9. Turns out that Edsel was the same one I went to look at 3 years ago. The only difference is it has sunk lower in to the ground.LOL.I passed on it.Bruce.

10. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Bruce, there is a 58 Chevy wagon listed today in the HAMB classifieds.

11. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

12. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Within the price range and a heck of a lot closer than SoCal. AND its got the BIG UGLY for sure
    (of course IMHO) Sounds doable to me.

13. Thanks Bruce.

14. Ive learned over the years if you cannot find what you desire at your price. Walk Away. if you have the cash eventually something will come along. Keep saving your money. and buy a tri five chevy if possible. Parts are available. They usually increase or at least hold their value. Off brand oddball rare vehicles are difficult to find parts for. even harder to sell. Rare or seldom seen does not necessarily make something valuable. take your time don't settle because your in a hurry. Its not the deals you miss that hurt you. Its the ones you make that you should of passed on. Ok the Edsel mentioned. yes some ford parts fit. however the automatic trans is slightly different from the ford Green dot crusomatic of the same era. If it went out can you find the needed parts and get it fixed? Ive never found the great deals and bargains by actively beating the bushes or hunting for them. Nope they just happened by my being in the right place at the right time. and being ready willing and able (having the cash) to buy them. I was wanting a 59 or 60 Pontiac 389 engine. just on the lookout for one. Never bought any vehicles in 2018. Then I seen a car guys estate being auctioned on jan 1st this year. they was a 60 Pontiac car listed. So I drove a 100 miles. bug hoard of stuff. finally after noon they went to sell the vehicles. They where bringing too much for me to buy. One guy had deep pockets and was bidding up everything. They got to the Pontiac. and right in front of it was this horse drawn hat rake with metal wheels. the decided to sell it first. ole deep pockets bid on it and bought it for big money. He mistaken thought they where selling the catalina. Then when he found out that he didn't buy the car. It worked on him. He was argueing with the ring man. When they auctioned the Pontiac. and he did not bid on it. I bought it for $275.

15. sunbeam

sunbeam

If you want a tri five chevy here you gohttps://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/d/fort-calhoun-1957-chevy-station-wagon/6946317871.html

Bruce Fischer and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

17. chryslerfan55 and Old wolf like this.
  18. Yes a good clear Title is a most importiant criteria . Vehicles without a title are Parts cars.

19. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. sunbeam

sunbeam

Not in Kansas if they are 35 years old.

Bruce Fischer and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

But Bruce is in TN and will need to register the wagon in TN.

Bruce Fischer and Old wolf like this.
  22. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

I just lowered the price on this one to $3500, runs, drives, registered, and has a new clutch. 200-Six and treeonnatree. Kinda far away though, but not a rustbucket

66w1.jpg

66w2.jpg

23. flatford39

flatford39

You guys really need to get together on this one. Start talking and try to find the middle...that's what negotiating is all about.

24. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Napa, CA is a little over 2,500 miles - one way... Gonna need some logistics planning (i.e. first win the lottery).

EDIT: p.s. That looks like a good wagon for Bruce, runs, has common mechanical parts and should be "easier" to get on the road.

25. sunbeam

sunbeam

Just saying there are places that a car without a title are not just part cars.

26. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

It IS on the road- drove it a couple days ago. These cars are kind of a cult hero in the FE drag race community, the 427 was listed as an option in the wagon, but none were actually built- by the factory. As far as NHRA was concerned, a legal combination- so this happened. Right after bringing this one home, I found the 56 Bird w/ straight axle, ex 427 car, and the 65 Caliente- so something has to go

1f0b3600f4568becd3bc44f6112fd2aded8c3a38.jpg

enloe, Bruce Fischer, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  27. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

That would be a heckuva road trip for Bruce to bring it home. I'd buy him dinner when he came through Arkansas if he'd fly out and drive it back..

28. NICE but I cant drive a stick due to 2 failed ankle surgerys on my left ankle, but Thanks. Bruce.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  29. I tried bidding on a BIG old Chrysler station wagon for 2 days but lost the bid.Still looking.Bruce.

30. chopped

chopped

Thought things were supposed to be so expensive in Cal.? I'd jump thru hoops if it was in Georgia.