Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Distracted driver vs. Pontiac Tin Woody.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

I've always admired your roadster. Didn't know you had a tin woody but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for them. Sad news indeed. I hope all comes out well in the end.

chryslerfan55, Deuces and flynbrian48 like this.
  2. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

After briefly thinking about a Cad or Buick Sedanette (REALLY briefly after I mentioned that to my wife!), I think I'm gonna use a little of the insurance payout to: A. Finish the Thunderbird, B. Finish the Riviera with a little help from a pro-builder friend to make the project go a bit faster, C. Pay off our Chrysler 300 in anticipation of my imminent retirement, and D. Put the rest in my retirement fund. We had in fact been discussing what car(s) to sell, the Diamond T and the '34 Roadster being the top two picks for both of us, but we have unexpectedly "sold" the wagon, so I think we'll live with the 4 and see what feels right a few months from now.

safetythird, dan31, scotty t and 12 others like this.
  3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

We have already "lawyered up", and will let them beat the guy to a bloody pulp. Slam dunk according to them. ;-)

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Someone posted the photos on the AACA website under the Vintage Wrecks thread. Guess that is good, lets more people become aware of what might be in your rear view mirror. Bob

5. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Just in case anyone wonders what an asshat looks like.
    asshat.jpg

6. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

That's a big ass truck ! Good reminder to always pay attention... and not to the radio.

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and The37Kid like this.
  7. brad2v

brad2v

Wow. It could have been way worse however. What an asshole. Karma baby. He'll get it in the end (ideally, quite literally)

8. It really sucks for you, your son and the girl that was hurt. Hopefully her being scared to drive does not last long.
    Glad your getting paid out.
    Had it happen to me years ago when I was a teenager, an asshat turned into his driveway right in front of me and buckled the front end of my O/T low rider creamed the right front corner off rad fan etc all gone.
    Truck was only on the road two week after paint!!

Anyways the asshat was egging me on saying I’m a young punk, speeding, not paying attention all my fault. He’s gonna sue me personally for damages etc. Just an awful person.
    If it wasn’t for my friend being with me I would have beaten cock sneeze to a bloody pulp.
    Anyways cop shows up about 30 minutes after the accident asshat runs up spouting nonsense.
    Cop literally shoves him to the side and walks up to me and my friend sitting on the curb.
    Puts his hand on my shoulder and tells me not to worry about a thing, this shit head is at fault and I’m going to charge him with anything I can.
    Witch is exactly what he did!
    I got my truck fixed through insurance
    And buddies minivan stayed in his driveway for a few years all smashed.
    Guess he did not have collision coverage or did not put the claim through.
    Either way, karmas a bitch and the lord always pays !

brad2v, Deuces, Hombre and 3 others like this.
  9. The37Kid

The37Kid

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Sounds like he was driving a Dodge. :rolleyes:

10. charlesf

charlesf

Brian,

Just saw this thread. So sorry to hear about your misfortune. Glad recovery is on the horizon for your son, and as a retired attorney I (not surprisingly) strongly support your retention of counsel. I spent 40 years dealing with similar situations, so if there’s anything I can do, as a friend, just pm, call, or send a smoke signal.

Chuck

11. Haha yeah it was !!!
    Just an o/t family appliance

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  12. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Huh? None of what either of you said makes sense, or has anything to do with this...

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

jimgoetz, egads, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  13. ned5049

ned5049

Looks like a F-150, or larger. The one I own weighs almost 3 tons. That was a hard hit ! Good luck to you and yours Brian.

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.

14. Sorry Brian
    It’s an inside joke how everything here on the Hamb when it’s a what is it thread ends up being a dodge.
    Don’t want the thread going off track
    Hence the explanation.

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and The37Kid like this.
  15. Hombre

Hombre
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guys need to take a better look, seems m to me it is a Chevy or maybe a GMC. Its not always a Dodge sometimes its even a Hudson.

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

I put the purple rolling eyes after my above post, the Vandenplas/Dodge thing has been going on for over a year. Sorry to disrupt the seriousness of this event. Bob

17. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Hopefully, everyone recovers fully, and completely. It's really sad about the wagon, but it's good that there weren't any fatalities. Cars can be replaced, but people cannot.

My 55 Cameo was totaled in 1996. It is getting repaired, but it's taken over 20 years.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1955-chevy-cameo-re-build.371458/

The attached photos are before the accident, after, and the last two are from this month.

scan0013.jpg scan0015.jpg 7-15-19 C.jpg Cameo Bed Re-Fitted to Truck.jpg

loudbang, Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  18. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

19. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Echoing what was said earlier, think it was HRP, bad enough as it is. But I'm glad yall weren't in your roadster, doubt you'd be able to be here typing comments about it.
    I also have an open wheel roadster, 31"A", and I have gotten just about totally paranoid about driving it in multi lane, high speed, heavy traffic, such as that on the X-ways around Atlanta.
    The idiots cut in and out and switch lanes like they were short track racing, and I know that regardless of who's at fault, if something happens, I'm going to be on the short end of the stick. Not quite as nervous in my 40 coupe at least as far as injuries go.
    And I'm sure that would have been the case here.

20. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

The exact reason I don’t drive the roadster on the freeway. Although statistically I’m more likely to have an accident driving it on two lanes. After all, the wagon was totaled in front my mother in laws home, and 3 weeks before that I hit a deer with it one mile from home (which I still haven’t cashed the check for). Plus, it’s not comfortable to drive much over 60... IMG_2557.JPG

21. Hombre

Hombre
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kid, I saw that purple thing and understood your humor, thus the reference to a Hudson which was the latest " What is this car?" identified as a Dodge, and hell I even said it may be a Chevy but in truth turned out to be a Hudson.

22. X-cpe

X-cpe

Yeah, being in the right doesn't make you any the less hurt or dead.

23. Sometimes you need to lick your wounds and move on, too bad the car is beyond repair but you have other things to fall back on. Best of all to the injured, physical or otherwise. Let the insurance and lawyers do their thing.

24. I can’t wait to see the T bird finished! Riv too.

25. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ummm, shouldn't you have cashed the check before the new claim? I think I would deposit it asap Brian.

flynbrian48 and loudbang like this.
  26. Brian, so sorry to hear that, i first red the other thread that supposed that it could be you and the wonderful tin woodie.
    All the best wishes to all they are involved except the asshat from that damn f.... plastic truck.
    Cheers and prayers to you and yours,

Carsten

chryslerfan55 and The37Kid like this.
  27. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Just ran across this 54 Pontiac wagon that is for sale in Morrison ILL. for $3500. The ad was on Facebook. Haven't seen it anywhere else.

Hope that everyone is recovering OK.

ZZZ 1954 Pontiac Wagon Morrison Il 3500.jpg

28. Deuces

Deuces

Fresh start right there^^^^^......

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  29. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Done yesterday. Local police haven’t made report available and Hagerty hasn’t even had the car appraised yet.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  30. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    chryslerfan55 likes this.