Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wrinkle Finish

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Dana, I'm with you. I did some bits years ago, looked great for a while but cleaning them was a PITA. The texture does a great job of collecting grease/oil in an engine compartment and dust everywhere else. And it doesn't 'just' wipe clean...

3W JOHN, dana barlow and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

:p:D:D

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. I planning on wrinkle finishing these old valve covers I picked up last year from a old high school friend, they are in good shape but the finish is a dull & worn flat black, I'm thinking black wrinkle finish will look pretty good on the 351 Cleveland. HRP

006.JPG

29bowtie, ffr1222k, egads and 2 others like this.
  4. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Danny, those are hard to find, they changed the motorsport to performance, the last set I saw like you have was om ebay and they were 295.00 plus shipping, what did you give for yours?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. John, I got them dirt cheap. HRP

6. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I paid $200.00 for these valve covers and they threw the engine in for free.
    WP_20180113_20_49_22_Pro.jpg

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. southcross2631

southcross2631

Black wrinkled my small block Ford valve covers. Hammer coated the DSCF3462.JPG DSCF3480.JPG interior sheet metal of my Morris Gasser.

8. BJR

BJR

If she does see this post, you will not be getting into that wrinkle you so dearly love for a long time to come!:(

fourspeedwagon and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  9. Those look to be exactly like the set I have, do you have any idea how old that style is? HRP

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

used it quite a bit on Mickey Thompson valve covers. I'd buy them for 10 - 15 bucks at swap meets, clean ans wrinkle finish them and sell them for 50 on ebay,

11. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Can't help with any later model ford engine info.
    I was at a guys house out in the country buying some 35 Ford wire wheels and he had about twenty engines in a pile, mostly flathead, and offered to sell them. The price for this engine was $200.00 and he said a relative of his had it in a car and replaced it with something else. I bought it because it had the holley carb, aluminum intake and valve covers. I didn't even know what engine I had until I posted on the HAMB to find out. Plans are for it to go in 35 pickup in the future.

12. So... people do that on purpose? So much for trying to cut the paint on my suburban fender. It just became “wrinkle finish” and I meant for it to be that way!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29bowtie and Bandit Billy like this.
  13. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^That is pretty dag nab hillarious

14. kursplat

kursplat

did a bracket for some gauges i'm mounting on the dash. hit it with the heat gun and let dry a couple day.
    DSC01305.JPG