Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Shipping '32 Ford Frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John Milner, Aug 21, 2019.

1. John Milner

John Milner
    from Oklahoma

I am wanting to buy a '32 Ford frame for my '32 truck cab and bed. I am from Oklahoma so there is no place around my area that makes a frame that I could just drive an hour or two to go pick up. How do companies ship pre-made frames? Also, is it overly costly to ship something like a car frame? Does the frame come directly to the customer's house or do they go to a shipping plant somewhere and you go pick it up from a shipping plant? Thanks

2. I have ordered several frames & frame rails, they usually come motor freight and if they can get to your home they can bring it to you, If I were you I would tell the salesperson do not ship it through Estes, I had the frame horns bent badly on two sets of frame rails, once when I watch the driver push the rails out of the trailer and crash down on the pavement.

I refused them and went through a SH!T storm with their claims department.

Cornhuskers Rod & Custom is at 122 Southern Hills Rd, Hebron, NE 68370.

Call Gary, he is a Hamber and a good guy to deal with. HRP

3. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Pete & Jake's is in Missouri. City is Peculiar, near Kansas City.
    Frame would be strapped to a pallet, shipped by truck. Truck may not make a residential delivery, but would hold at terminal for pickup. On cost, at least $100, likely more.

4. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

I would think freight will a lot more than 100$ bucks, all carriers charge more for long length and residential delivery. Pick it up at a truck terminal or make a run up to Hebron neb(hrp) .

low down A likes this.

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

6. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Rjays speed shop is In Missouri

https://rjays.com/

They are also HAMB alliance vendors

3kross likes this.
  7. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

I had a glass body on a frame shipped but I had them saw off the rear frame horns to get the crate under max length. I’m not going to use them anyway but I had them throw them in the box. Saved a bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. I would also recommend Cornhusker and Pete & Jake's if you want to arrange to pickup your new frame.

Phil

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. arincee

arincee

I just bought a pair of frame rails from Speedway. Cost of shipping to upstate New York was 250.00.

10. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Another vote for Pete and Jakes. Great to deal with, nice product with a lot of options to choose from. Order it and when it's done just drive up and get one. Call and talk to Jason.
    SPark

Just Gary likes this.
  11. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Tom Bay in Arkansas City, Ks. used to handle them a few years back. Don't know if he still does, but he does handle and make a lot of 32 parts still.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Montana1 likes this.