Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HELP ! Where can I get a wood kit for 32 2dr sedan ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeremy Hoye, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Jeremy Hoye

Jeremy Hoye

We have got to the stage were we need all the wood for a 32 2 dr sedan. The prices vary from $1200- 2200. No one seem to have anything made up in stock. Being told 3-4 months waiting. I am in the UK but shipping is not a problem. Any one bought any recently from a company or person they would recommend. Help me put another 32 sedan back on the road.

2. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Ford Chevy Dodge Studebaker ?????????????

3. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

His profile says 32 Ford, so I assume that's what he has.

4. bct

bct

find me original parts, even rotten, for patterns and I will make them for you.

5. http://fordwood.com/tudors8va.htm
    It's a small mom & pop business so they don't always answer the phone the first ring, but the price is right and the quality is great. :)

slug likes this.
  6. Fordors

Fordors

Just to be sure, is the body you are working with a State-side version or is it the suicide door Dageham body?

7. uncle buck

uncle buck

I'm not so sure I agree with you .... They made me A pillar with the countersunk nutsert holes on the wrong side, sold me B pillar wood for a roadster to fit a phaeton, the door wood is ruff finished at best , and they only charged me $240 to ship a box slightly bigger than a fold up chair in a bag like we all have in our cars and weighing less than 30 pounds..... Next time I plan to purchase from Brad Brown.

8. sunbeam

sunbeam

9. 5window

5window

10. sunbeam

sunbeam

I replaced the wood in a model T sedan by making templates out of cardboard and cutting oak from the lumber yard.

11. Several years ago I bought a complete wood kit from www.wescottsauto.com/ . I'm sure since Dee has passed on things have changed but sure worth a call. There price beat everyone else at the time.
    1-800-523-6279 They are just out of Portland Oregon.

12. 5window

5window

Well, that's a better explanation. However, HD lists two 1x4x8 red oak boards at $58.39. That's over $10 a board foot! I'd be looking for a hardwood lumber yard at those prices. Red oak is nice wood, but it's not gold. And,shapes for a '32 2 door sedan are going to be way harder to recreate than a Model T.