Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Distracted driver vs. Pontiac Tin Woody.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Moon50F3

Moon50F3

I hope your family and the other girl recover fully, and there are no lasting injuries. So many people drive like shit nowadays.

lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I cant stand to see that from either party, anyone is capable of a accident, I can see someone being mad if the other party is completely negligent in some manner that would cause danger (drinking etc.) but I always hate to see the guy that jumps out wanting to whip someone cursing etc no matter the circumstance, that guy needs to be shut down if he wants to put on a show.

3. belair

belair

Glad you’re not hurt bad. Sorry about your son and the girl. Had my cherry 48 fleetline coupe ruined by a dumbass at a red light. Hpoe things work out for all the innocent involved.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

What a pisser. About the brake lights: If you are waiting to turn, have a stick shift and the clutch in, you may not even be on the brakes. So not even a liability issue, right?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. Really feel bad about your kiddo'. Car too ... but the kiddo' the most.

The guy that hit you, sounds like a real prick. No ambulance chaser here ... but circumstance and attitudes, at times, dictate direction.

Sounds like you, and yours, rank one whole hell of a lot higher ... than dickhead in a truck.

Positive thoughts sent. God bless you, and your family.

Hnstray, loudbang, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  6. Sorry to see this Brian. Hope you, your son and the young lady are improving. Everyday I see this crap unfold in front of me....way too many people are doing everything but paying attention to their driving.

7. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I hope your son recovers ok as well as the girl. That’s too bad your car was damaged so badly

Deuces likes this.
  8. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh yeah, that'll work fine. You will be he one that ends up in jail. Sad, but true,

tinsled and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I got busted in the rear years ago on the scooter . Bike is wedged up under his pickup bumper , kid says “ Dude that really looks bad !” At that moment I was about to loose all human mentally and beat him silly . When the Police showed up and were questioning as to what took place . The kid says “ he stopped , he should not have stopped !” The Policeman spoke up and stood tall for me , “I see this man riding daily he is cautious and not driving reckless . So you think it is ok if he did stop to hit him in the rear ? “. He told me to get a ride , he would have the bike dropped at my house and he was going to handle these two kids . I was probably hurt badly and didn’t know it , I was too tuff . 2 fractured vertebra showed up a Year and a half later . I had a super tough time getting my bike paid for until I threatened to sue for bodily injury . Good Luck and my prayers are with you for full recovery of you and family and you beautiful tin.

10. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Craig is out of hospital and home with his family, off his feet for several days.

11. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

You should have paid attention in high school physics. Or played pool. Or, just kept that comment to yourself...

12. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

As Craig laid in the yard after crawling out of the car at the edge of the road (in front of his grandmothers house, with my wife and his son watching out the living room window), and the young girl driving the Saturn screaming for help, he offered to beat Craig up too. So, yeah, he's a dick.

13. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Glad to hear your son is on the mend, hope the young lady is also. I was hit in an off topic car (9 days old) by a woman who ran a red light. She jumped out of her car and ran over to me, not to ask if I was ok but to ask what color the light was. Fortunately the car behind her heard this and stayed to tell the cop she ran the light.

Stogy, Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Yes, it turns out "crumple zones" do exist in pre 90's automobiles...;-)

15. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

A momentary lapse of concentration, this could happen to any of us at any time and this could be the result to us, our family and pride and joy. Your car has had a BIG hit and hopefully your insurance may ease the pain; however when you or loved ones are injured and it's not your fault, apart from being at the wrong place at the wrong time, it's a different thing. Hoping all goes well and a speedy recovery to your loved one. You're lucky you didn't suffer whiplash due to impact.

16. Is this the Dicksicle.....if so someone needs to visit him and put dead fish in his truck.

IMG_2595.JPG
    IMG_2595a.jpg

17. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Hagerty Insurance has assured me I'll get a check for the full insured amount. I'm satisfied, they've been great on any other claims we've had, although, this is HUGE in comparison.

kbgreen, 48fordnut, catdad49 and 11 others like this.
  18. Glad everyone is going to be ok.

Even IF the brake lights weren't working (but they were) what type of retard do you have to be not to notice your getting closer FAST and to slow way down.

dirty old man and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Dealt with Insurance company's many times over the years when I had my hot rod ,restoration shop. Good insurance or not , this will not be pretty:(. There is much more than the value of the car involved. Best of luck Brian and speedy and full recovery to those injured. Larry

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  20. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Yup, that's the tough guy who verbally assaulted an injured young man, and then me, while I was talking to the police officer. In his defense, I DID flip him off when the cop told me he was the guy...;) My son however was lying in the grass in his grandmothers yard (the house the accident occurred in front of).

21. Brien, as bad as it is I'm glad you and your son were riding in the wagon and not in the roadster, had you guys been it the hot rod we may not be having this conversation. HRP

[​IMG]

22. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Hope the injured, your son and the girl in the other car, heal without lasting effects! Pray the dickhead gets exactly what he deserves and you collect a fair settlement from the insurance!

dirty old man likes this.
  23. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Good point Danny!

24. topher5150

topher5150

I had some ass nugget lock up his brakes behind me on the way to the relix riot ...must be something in the water down there.

Sent from my moto z4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

They say you are more likely to be in a car accident within 10 miles of home, I guess this proves it. So sorry for the injuries to y’all and to the car, too. It’s good y’all were in some heavy solid American steel and not a newer plastic car, the results may have been much different.

26. oldtom69

oldtom69
    from grandin nd

sure would be nice to post dickheads name in case some one would like to "drop him a card"

dirty old man and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Brian, hate to see that happen to your ride. Makes my blood boil that he doesn't have the decency to show remorse and SHUT UP after all the destruction and pain he caused. Hope your boy is well soon, and the girl too.

28. Roadsir

Roadsir

Brian, I wish you, your son and the young lady the best. Car looks really tough to bring back, you not even want it back after that much damage. I hope the settlement goes well.
    Sucks that asshat is a waste of humanity. Lacks compassion for others, doesn't want to take responsibility for his actions.

29. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

So sorry for the damage to the car Brian, which looks like a total loss, and for the injuries to your son. I hope it all comes out OK and that you both are taken care of properly. Best wishes!

30. upspirate

upspirate

Sorry to hear this, hope those injured recover well. I know how it feels,someone ran a red light and hit us back in 1991 scan0006.jpg