Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Hudson Adventure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squirrel, Aug 9, 2019.

1. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Jim.thanks for another great ride along on one of your swell adventures.Congrats on the win.Have a safe and uneventful trip home.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I extended those doors some but not to spec:D

Stogy likes this.
  3. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

what a great adventure! Congrats!

4. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Baker Grade, it's a looooonnnnnngggggggg uphill grade that has killed many a car & truck.

5. hudson48

hudson48

I prefer the 2 door sedan also. Didn't realise the 2 door and coupe had different doors but pretty obvious looking at that. When we did my Hudson(which started as a 4 door) I can't remember what doors we had sent over from Bill Albright at Vintage Coach. Maybe we got coupe doors as my rear side window is smaller but could be to do with the chop. We also brought out rear quarters and they look different. I think Coupe stuff now I look at it.
    Mine is a long wheelbase 48 but all of that extra wheel base is in the front guard area.
    Sydney Hot Rod Show 1.jpg

1947knuck, catdad49, Thor1 and 8 others like this.
  6. squirrel

squirrel

Lights of las Vegas. I made it here. Now only 500 more miles.

The Baker hill wasn't too bad. 104 at 9pm on the big thermometer. IMG_20190817_222316346.jpeg

Sent from my Trimline

1947knuck, TFoch, mgtstumpy and 27 others like this.
  7. I love happy endings... :D

although the trips not over till the Fabulous Hudson Hornet is in your driveway. Nice work Jim. :)

26 T Ford RPU, Stogy and Hnstray like this.
  8. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

@hudson48 ......... to the best of my knowledge,, the Coupe and Two Door Sedan (aka Brougham) do share the same longer door. The photo of the blue two door is Jim’s 4 door photo shopped by @low budget into a 2 door. In his post #272, he indicates the door was lengthened some but not to full scale.

Your car is Beautiful, by the way. Really well done!

Ray

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Thor1, chryslerfan55, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  9. 1951...

20190818_204005.jpg

images.jpeg

Hudson trivia.
    The Hudson trademark was restyled in 46, and went through to 54.
    The ship's symbolize the adventuresome and pioneering spirit of bold and imaginative engineer's.
    The fortresses symbolize the strength of the great Hudson organization - management, employees and dealers throughout the world.

10. Congrats on the win Squirrel.

Looks like you are driving at nite way better than the day with the temps going on..

Only about 12 hrs to go...

Still in Mi myself if you had issues on way home I would come to help, I will be back home mon note if needed..

Drive safe like you have been.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  11. hudson48

hudson48

Now that makes sense. I thought the doors and rear quarters were the same. That is over 16 years ago that I had the stuff brought in.Didn't realise it was a photoshop.

kiwijeff, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  12. I followed the trip on Instagram, lots of great pictures. I also was following the Chupacabra, a '55 Desoto on a 4 x 4 chassis.

13. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Jim, Thanks again for yet another ride along! And Congratulations on the win!

14. belair

belair

"No more speed, I'm almost there, Gotta be cool now, gotta take care..." Go Jim, go!

catdad49, 31hotrodguy, Thor1 and 5 others like this.
  15. squirrel

squirrel

"last car to pass, here I go"

16. pumpman

pumpman

Hope that trophy didn't scratch the paint.

17. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great adventure, Jim! Thanks for taking us along.

18. Congratulations & well done Jim.:cool: Wish I was a few years younger as I would tag-a-long with ya. I think I could keep up, maybe! ;)

dirty old man and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. Yeah, also congrats from over the big lake. And thanks for that adventure, have a safe trip home, Jim.

hotrodharry2 likes this.
  20. Fear the Hudson. Thanks to Jim. Thanks for helping us all tag along.

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another fun Squirrel's road trip almost in the books. That would have been fun to ride along on.

hotrodharry2 and OFT like this.
  22. squirrel

squirrel

I had a short but good visit with friends in Vegas. My old friend Ted drives the suburban, his son Travis drives the pickup. I asked Travis to add a quart of oil for me, the last of the cans of Castrol. Not many younger folks have done that. He also got to drive Doc Hudson around the block. Travis is just the right age to have been seriously into the Cars movie.

I made the drive down to Chandler. Visiting my son. I get to adjust the clutch in the morning, most of the free play went away. IMG_20190818_120051543.jpeg IMG_20190818_130854563.jpeg

Sent from my Trimline

23. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

That's a scary position to be in.

blowby and flatford39 like this.
  24. Those metal cans are heirloom pieces now, did you save them?
    Bob

25. squirrel

squirrel

I have one...I gave two away at the end of the rally...gave one to Travis...and there is one on it's way to a landfill somewhere in central California.

26. Like I should talk. The only ones I have, are somewhat mutilated bolt storage devices, and the only reason I know I still believe I have the spout, is that I saw it the other day. I only found out recently that people collect them, and when I thought about it I realized that they would look good on a shelf.
    Bob

27. Caprice89

Caprice89

Let me just put this here:

Sent from my hand held online shouting device.

28. That is cool! Jim's is cooler.

Ben

29. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I have this exact model on hand...1949 Hudson Super Six Coupe....anybody want the basis for a clone ?? :)

Ray

kiwijeff and chryslerfan55 like this.
  30. squirrel

squirrel

kinda funny story...that black 49 was parked in the street between the Concours d LeMons and the Lemons Rally lots Saturday morning. I wandered over to look at the cars in the Concours dLeMons, and stopped at the Hudson on the way back, and noticed the big wheels...a guy had been looking under the car, told his friend it had an LS motor in it. I didn't bother looking any closer.

I adjusted the clutch this morning, not many threads left. I guess it needs work soon.