Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1929 chevy frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29moonshine, Aug 17, 2019.

1. 29moonshine

29moonshine

are there any one making a 29 chevy frame tci and fatman do not make one

2. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Unlikley ....perhaps a repop model A or a 32 FORD frame?

3. Its largely a true ladder frame.Two straight rails with cross members.Would be pretty easy to duplicate.Bet any good rod shop could make one for you.

4. 29moonshine

29moonshine

the one that is in my car has a corvair front end and I need the front frame rails from the firewall forward to get it out so I can put a drop axel in it or a new frame

5. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

You can get a '31-32 frame, but they are different. Can't you delicately remove the Corvair, make repairs to the org. and keep going? It seems like I just saw an org. '29-30 frame somewhere for sale. I'll see if I can find it.

kidcampbell71 and mgtstumpy like this.
  6. 29moonshine

29moonshine

they cut so far into the frame installing the front end that if I try cutting it out there would only be about 1" of frame left at the top

7. If your a good welder it wouldn't be too hard to fabricate a new front section,and weld it on.The 55 Chevy Gasser guys do it to get the look they want.I would think any Rod shop could help if you don't weld.

8. 29moonshine

29moonshine

all the front fenders and splash aprons bolt to the top of the frame and the bumpers bolt to the end of the frame not a easy piece to make. that is the reason I need a frame or a framefrom fire wall forward

9. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

It’s not rocket surgery....it’s more in the ‘blacksmithing’ realm. Shouldn’t be too difficult to duplicate, especially if you could find a frame diagram with measurements for reference...or a stock frame from which to make a template. Look for a competent fabricator, he doesn’t have to be a hot rod guy, though that’s a plus, just good with metal.

Ray