Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 49-54 guys, how low are you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smurftastic, Aug 15, 2019.

1. I’m bagged, and currently sitting roughly 2.5” to the rocker with stepped lower control arms and Fatman uprights. How much lower could I expect to go with a mustang 2 setup?

IMG_5951.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

On factory frame, about another inch. The transmission crossmember hits before the rockers will lay. You'll also need to modify wheel wells to get it on the ground, unless you run small tires. I'm in the midst of a 51 right now

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. ive got a hotrodworks crossmember, it tucks up a little tighter than the factory one but i didnt take any real measurements before i cut it out. i feel like the actual frame hangs down pretty low in the front also. I thought about going to a shorter tire but i like the way the 205 75 15s fill out the wheel well and I dont want it to look silly with a short tire under it.

I see youre in swmo also, whereabouts? headed to the swap meet tomorrow?

4. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Missed your reply until now...

I'm south of Strafford. I keep a space at the swap for selling/parking/BBQing!

I looked into running an aftermarket c-member but was not really looking to lay frame. The bottleneck is the cross member at the trans, and then the rear wheel wells, and then every other little drag point. Mine is set up to ride bump stops about 3/4" above the ground at the trans crossmember, and everything else is quite a bit above that point. I have a Jimenez 2-link, and the front cross member for it has a drop in the center that is my next lowest point. At the end of the day I also want to run that tire size at a minimum, and it sets ride height unless you want to rework all of the wheel wells. I just want to finish the car!

5. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

51 Sedan Progress 9-2017.jpeg

Photographic version of the description above...

bonneville bones likes this.
  6. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Assembled Frame 2.jpg

One more reference... No Limit front suspension, stock trans crossmember, but modified for T-5, Jimenez 2-bar, heavily modified to fit in space for a sedan. I'm as low as I can go without heavily modifying all four wheel wells. Obviously, I did modify the trunk floor, trans tunnel, etc. I can't get full lock at the front wheels if fully dumped because the wheel wells are stock, but close enough for parking lot cruising.