Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ahhhhhhhhhh Sh*T!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Aug 14, 2019.

1. 34Larry

34Larry

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and double :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. Went out for new plugs and backed into my left garage door casing coming back. Just a small 1-1/4' dimple like dent right in the lowest right hand corner. Damn I can be so stupid at times.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I'm no body guy but I have one who is really good.
    And I was invited to a small sea side community invitational this Saturday while I was out by one of the organizers driving the baddest black '64 Chevell (sp?), convertible , blown 454, rear rubber in so big, dual quads, turns mid 10's. S
    Still think I'll go though it is hardly visible. Don't cha just hate what ya do now and then???? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

most of the time we are the source of our own problems - perfect we are not. oops, should have started out with " you Dumb Ass, I have never mad such a stupid mistake - have never read of anyone else screwing up their own stuff here before - you are one of a kind"

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stuff happens, It will fix, eventually. At least you didn't swat at a cat sitting on the roof with a broom and end up putting a big mark on the roof like my dad did once..

Deuces, loudbang and seb fontana like this.
  4. upspirate

upspirate

Lean one of those crying brat dolls on the dent at the show, or get one of those band-aid magnetic stickers to cover. Gets a laugh, and doesn't try to hide

5. I was at a show where someone had a similar dent, and had covered it with a band aid, kind of making light of it..until being repaired properly.
    Still sucks though.

WB69, Chuck Lauer, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  6. j3harleys

j3harleys

Don't think your the only.:(

WB69, Deuces, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  7. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, I feel for you. When I was in college I lucked into a pristine '65 Skylark. Gorgeous two-tone, one-owner car, never so much as scratched. One day I was in a big hurry, backed right into a phone pole. Was so disgusted with myself I drove it down to the gas station where I worked an stuck a for sale sign in it; didn't want to look at it or be reminded of what I'd done. It sold immediately. And I regretted selling it almost immediately.

8. Just yesterday you were irritated with Summit and now this?

There is no sense getting worked up about it, "poop happens", you can shrug it off or let it fester, don't let a small accident screw up your plans for a invitational car show.

Go and enjoy yourself. HRP

9. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

Think I am more concerned about the damage to the garage

10. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Self inflicted- I'd just painted my car hauler and it was parked in the shop. I don't remember what I was working on but I got so mad I threw a wrench down on the floor. Sure enough, it bounced up and put a nice divot in the fresh paint on the hood. A reminder to myself that losing my temper is never a good thing.

11. Budget36

Budget36

I gotta hear this story...

firstinsteele, Deuces and loudbang like this.
  12. 2935ford

2935ford

Yup been there
    backing out of the garage with my '35 Slantback and put a nice line down the newly painted right rear fender as it slid across the work bench I was suppose to move the day before! :(

Deuces, loudbang and bantam like this.
  13. here is what you do: clean the area real well with an alcohol swab ,find a silver sharpie, carefully make a line as tight to the damage as you can, once done write a #1 in the center. carry on as usual.

14. 34Larry

34Larry

I'm the kind of guy who CAN NOT STAND THINGS NOT BEING
    AS THEY SHOULD BE ! I loose sleep over things like this and being bad mouthed even if it is a joke about my Engineering spelling. (Good Engineers just can't spell, no room left in there for trivial things like that.) Wife calls me a perfectionist on every project I do, the yard, the house my everyday car her everyday car and my 34. It therefor follows that even though I'm no body man I have managed to work a lot of it out already using two large screwdrivers. and using the structure behind the dent as a backing for prying with. I think I might get most of it out, not quite so noticeable now, and I have the paint to match. There is more to do using some other method, and its going to take a slight skimming of body filler to do it 100% and I'll give that try also to check out my unknown skill set with that, sanding and paint.:eek::rolleyes:o_O
    Should stop right here and thank everyone for the kind support in helping me forgive myself for being as stupid as I m at times.......................with your more than kind words:D:):D

Oh yeah no serious damage to the garage casing other than an equally large dent in the wood.

15. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

Working in a full service garage for over 30 years and moving countless cars around everyday and guess what happens once in awile. Yeah just like you someone always bumps into something. If it’s a honest mistake and happens once in a blue moon don’t even give it a second thought - our whole economy is based on the repair or replace of everything ever made. So now you’re doing your part to keep the economy going! You want to see some serious damage try leaving both back doors of a Volvo wagon open and backing out of a shop - yeah I did that!

16. I vividly remember 4 guys going hunting in a 1950 Mercury and a shotgun going off and blowing a hole in the roof.

4 guys screwed up and couldn't hear for a few hours and one of them had to go home and tell what happen to his dads car.

We were all held accountable and each one of us had to cough up 33 bucks, the damage was repaired and it looked as if it never happened, suffice to say we were never allowed to ride in Jimmy's dad's Mercury again. HRP

scott27, Budget36, Petejoe and 4 others like this.
  17. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Hey, it’s a badge of truth that you drive your car! I’d much rather see a car with a few scratches and dings that is driven than a perfect trailer queen.

How’s the new transmission doing?

WB69, Deuces and loudbang like this.
  18. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

Also do not - I repeat do not lean one of those f@#*$ing crying dolls up against your car!

61Cruiser, Spoggie and Deuces like this.
  19. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Was racing asphalt roundy round side by side at the front. Going into turn #1 on the outside and the inside guy came up into my fender and put a dent.in it. So after the race , the crew took a sharpie , circled it and wrote "David's first dent". A good laugh by the crew to keep ribbing me all season long . :oops: You just have to laugh at the small stuff in life.

Deuces and tb33anda3rd like this.
  20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I was working on my Case skid steer next to my lift on which my pristine [one owner, me] '72 Comet was residing. Wheels off the skid steer and on blocks..Tried to shimmy it over some and it did a Pierrot off the blocks landing against the Comet..Good thing the lift was up so the machine hit the rail as it hit the car..A 50 cent dia dent in the bottom forward part of door and a scrape on fender..If I hadn't had put the lift up the skid steer would have landed inside the car after crushing roof and door..Lucked out I did..

21. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I had a customer bring me his new T-Bird one day about 30 years ago. He had pulled into his garage and parked, got out, noticed he had pulled too far forward to use his work bench. Opened the car door, got in, backed up enough to get some room, and mashed the gas instead of the brake pedal. Driver's door folded backward at that point, and the garage door frame wasn't looking too good either. Thinking quickly, he threw it in drive and pulled ahead, mashing the gas again instead of the brake, and drove under the workbench, shoving the back wall of his garage out in the process while tipping over a huge set of shelves that sat on his workbench. Yes, they landed on the car. It just was not his day that day, and we all have one occasionally.

22. Terrible80

Terrible80

You screwed up , you vented here, you're human, you got in the solution , move on. I've found it's easier to accept others if I'm not so hard on myself.:cool:

61Cruiser, loudbang and Deuces like this.
  23. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Self inflicted damage is the hardest to get over. You cant be mad at anyone but yourself and everywhere you go, there you are!

I did two of those in the past 2 years. Fortunately, I have 2 good body and paint friends. It happens.

loudbang, Deuces and j3harleys like this.
  24. wicarnut

wicarnut

You are not alone, Everyone has done something like that at one time or another, I wish I could say only once, don't be so hard on yourself. It might be too late now, there's a company called Dent Doctors, 14 locations around country, look them up on internet, I have seen some amazing repairs they have done, not even damage to paint and not out of line on money involved. Again, Lighten Up Buddy, the Sun still came up, you're still walking, talking, All is Good. side note, Nice Ride !

loudbang and Deuces like this.
  25. Shit happens.
    I’ll tell you though and I’m not being a smart ass,,, some people have real problems.

Ever hear this ,,,, I complained about my shoes not fitting right until I met a man with no feet?

Another thing , I built a perfect ‘66 GTO. It was Judged over and over by others as perfect many times. Owning that car gave me ulcers.

Deuces, little red 50, slack and 5 others like this.
  26. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

I was showing my co-workers the engine in the Merc, only had it for a couple of weeks. For whatever reason (cuz I knew better) I tried slamming the hood shut, I bend the latch, chipped both fender edges, BIG chips. I cursed myself randomly for the next several weeks.

27. blackanblue

blackanblue

I did that exact same thing when selling my 48 f47. Ford guy was really interested, coming to look with cash, problem was he was flying in from Winnipeg to Toronto for an auction renting a car to come look at the truck 60 miles to my place. I called him in Winnipeg told him what happened so he said no problem s**t happens, showed up bought the truck 1000 dollars off the asking price and shipped back west on a train.

loudbang likes this.
  28. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I was a perfectionist for many years until I finally figured out there is no such thing as perfect on this earth. Now I know I can be as screwed up at times as everyone else is and I am at peace and ok with it.

Deuces, williebill and Tri-power37 like this.
  29. woodsnwater

woodsnwater
    from North Al.

Around here it takes three atta-boys to make up for one ahh-shit, so if you have at least that many on the books, your good.

Hombre, Deuces, Spoggie and 3 others like this.
  30. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Agree whole heartedly!!

loudbang likes this.