Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMB Andy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by noboD, Aug 14, 2019.

1. noboD

noboD

I was sitting in my shop today listening to the live steam from Bonneville and saw my dash plaque to Andy. It doesn't seem like 10 years that we lost him. I've told the story of the brave young hotrodder several times. He was quite a young man.

swade41, Roothawg, Ford52PU and 8 others like this.
  2. 10 years!.That's hard to believe. He is still missed and always will be. What an inspiration.

Ford52PU, dan31, hrm2k and 1 other person like this.
  3. Wow, hard to believe a decade has passed already. I remember reading about Andy's build and his courageous fight. It was a dark day in HAMB history when his fight ended so quickly and didn't turn out the way we had hoped. I'm sure Andy is building cool things with the angels up in heaven.
    He is missed..........! E

4. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I think about Andy every so often though I learned of his story after he passed. Courageous young man and a fighter, very inspirational. Also inspirational was how the HAMB rallied and supported him to the end. Well done guys!

5. I think of Andy every time I get something from my storage cabinet. Andy's plaque is right there with other plaques I'm proud of. He had courage I doubt I'd have in his situation.

pitman and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10 years, dang, it doesn't seem like that long. I refolded my HAMB Andy shirt the other day when sorting through shirts to take to Victoria for Deuce Days. I've still got the plaque in the treasure box.
    He inspired a lot of us on here.

chryslerfan55 and Ford52PU like this.
  7. pitman

pitman

^^^^^agree fer sure, he did.

8. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

C-9 is showing Andy the ropes in hot rod heaven.

pitman, swade41, warbird1 and 3 others like this.
  9. Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  10. The dash in Andy's Model A. HRP

[​IMG]

11. Andy's headstone reads ~ " Knowledge, Courage and Bravery inspiring a world of hotrodders to become better people... People like him".

OG lil E, Mr48chev, MO_JUNK and 5 others like this.
  12. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the link, HRP. I knew a little bit about HAMBANDY but not enough. So much good from the HAMB. If you're not an Alliance member you should consider it in light of HAMBANDY and all the other good deads done by HAMB members. JMHO.