Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2019 Speedweek (pics added 8/13)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RMR&C, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for pics

loudbang likes this.
  2. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Some great looking cars. Thanks for posting the pictures

loudbang likes this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awh come on now we need some photos of cars making a pass instead of just the posers at the hotel.

WiredSpider likes this.
  4. Feel free to post your speedweek pics....

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm one of the guys who sat at home listening to the broadcast of the racing on the laptop because I didn't get to go this year and really would like to see photos of real race cars on the race course along with the posers at the hotel who haven't moved their car out of "the spot" for three days.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  7. dwollam

dwollam

Did they get to run Tuesday and today? We had to leave on Monday, got home last night. Met a few of the people from the HAMB family and saw familiar faces too. We took a 1st time spectator with our group as well and had a great time despite the races being postponed. I didn't take pics this year as I had seen most all of the hotrods before. We did take my Model A and Dennis' Model T on a drive up over the top from the "corner" and through the tulie wackers and came back out across from the Peppermill. Stumbled across a very calm Big Horn Sheep along the way and did get some pics of him. Camping in the gravel parking lot was very crowded this year. We usually camp in Elko at the Walmart parking lot Thursday night but this time there was no overnight parking signs everywhere so we pushed on to Wendover. It was very crowded even on Thursday. Years past there was only 3 or 4 there at that time. People camped right on top of us and ran there generators (cheap loud ones) 24 hours per day. They were very nice folk other than that I must say. Think I'll move to the potash flats next time to avoid the cramping.

I'll be back!

Dave

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

because of the mushy salt, camping at the bend in the road, etc had to be moved to higher dry ground

loudbang likes this.
  9. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_0352.JPG I got home Monday night. A little pissed that I didn't get to see any cars run. Met Scott and a couple other HAMBers and even literally rubbed elbows with Danny Thompson while I was buying a calendar. Still was a cool (hot) weekend.

10. 36 Vick

36 Vick
    from Kerman, Ca

IMG_0178.JPG . Made the trip. It’s was great. No better way to shake down a car. I had 3 miles on it, left 45 min after I strapped the hood down

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

11. 36 Vick

36 Vick
    from Kerman, Ca

IMG_0175.JPG IMG_0250.JPG IMG_0312.JPG IMG_0355.JPG

12. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man I love that car! We were next to you guys and I must have walked around it 20 times. I love the fact it's column shift

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  13. 36 Vick

36 Vick
    from Kerman, Ca

Thank you, Now that the rush to get it road worthy is over, I can actually finish the little details. It was all about making it to B’Ville

lothiandon1940, loudbang and teach'm like this.
  14. swifty

swifty

Thanks to everyone who posted pics.Enjoyed them all.

loudbang likes this.
  15. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Thanks for all the pictures! Was there a few months ago and appreciate it a whole lot more after actually seeing the salt flats in person.

loudbang likes this.
  16. I'm in plane over the Pacific heading home, had a great time there even though we saw no racing. I have lots of pics but need to unload them at home, will post some soon. JW

chryslerfan55, RMR&C and loudbang like this.
  17. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Thanks for the pics.

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  18. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wonder what's up with the Ford 6 cylinder pick-up #640. No results for it on the SCTA-BNI homepage of runs. I did see a photo of it on one of the sites, Perhaps SCTA's Facebook page.. there are over 6oo photos from different guys.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  19. The 640 truck is the Virginia HAMB Special owned by John Mullen. He decided to sit out this year due to some incomplete engine mods. Will likely run in 2020.

20. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

THANKS for all the picts, Had to miss this year,but photos helped.

RMR&C and loudbang like this.
  21. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

WHAT A SPEEDWEEK!
    Sat around a bunch of the the time awaiting news on salt conditions.
    the only good this for us was that with nothing to do, racers and spectators walked around the vendor sales area and we did ok with sales (we can pay the printer).
    We came to the salt with the car not running, it ran when we shoved in the 302, but fought it for two days until a friend noticed the stater was slow. It was drawing amps from the MSD and the Dist trigger. A new starter later and it ran!
    Racing was scheduled for Tuesday. But the Driver, Chick, had some wrong food and became deadly sick all day Tuesday but was able to come out on Wednesday. I had put the car into line Tuesday night for a head start as when they closed the racing for the day, a number of racers pulled out of line and we moved forward quite a bit. But the next day we were in line for over 10 hours in the fun sun. Got to the line and the clutch slave took a dump, but got the car running with a push start. She made a clean run with only 2 and 3 gear and a 113 speed. The course was smooth and good,,, But after 10 hours we were cooked, so we loaded up Thursday and headed home Friday.
    Later I will have some interesting pics of buried motorhomes ($800 tow), and other stuff (I shot film!!).
    And yes there will be a new calendar next year
    And it was great to finally meet some of the people from here.
    And you never saw us at the car show as after 12-14 hours on the salt working, a shower-pool-and food is all we want for the evening as the 4:30 alarm come quick

22. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

typo41 - quite the experience - looking forward to pics

loudbang likes this.
  23. sr

sr
    from Monterey

We stuck it out. First run 1.5 g impact at 3.5 mile. Shut down bike. Coasted to the 4 mile at 164. Second run 190. Track very tough. Liner does not mind it but my eyeballs do. Decided to not reclassify and go after Fuel record since things were so marginal. Overall considering the conditions, I am proud of what we did. My team is the best.

https://www.facebook.com/383796904995850/videos/726397614480673/