Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Finally found a ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zettle Bros., Aug 13, 2019.

1. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Well after looking for a long while for a 1928-1934 coupe or two door sedan, I finally found a ride. I sold my '27 roadster and '63 Ford Falcon altered wheelbase dragcar last year and the look was on. I could never find a hot rod that I liked or if I did could not make a deal on. With that said I always have a soft spot for the Pontiacs. The other day I got this: IMG_7446 2.jpg
    Not going to set a land speed record but a nice cruiser none the less. It is proving to be a fun car.

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tempest?...nice clean machine...congrats and have fun with it...what's under the hood...OHC 6, 4cyl...not really up on all things Poncho...I see 326

loudbang and Zettle Bros. like this.
  3. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

'64 Tempest. 326 4 barrel with a two speed.

loudbang, Petejoe, Thor1 and 4 others like this.
  4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love PMD's! Nice Pontiac.

Stogy, loudbang and Zettle Bros. like this.

5. Piledrivin'Joe

Piledrivin'Joe

Wow that thing looks absolutely gorgeous! Would love to see a few more pics when you get time to post em.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Looks like a great car! My older cousin bought a sliver blue 64 with a 326 4 bbl and three speed on the floor new. He ordered his in the fall of 63 and then was pissed when the 64 GTOs came out just after he took delivery of his car. I was 13 when he got that new Pontiac and I lusted after it big time. A few years later I bought a 65 GTO convert, just had it a few months and had to sell it as Mr. Nixon decided he needed me in the Army. All these years later I still miss that GTO but life goes on.

7. slowmotion

slowmotion

Clean, understated, & it's got a post! Sneak a 421 in there and go Goat hunting!
    J/K, very nice, congrats!

8. RMONTY

RMONTY

My first car was a 64 Tempest. Same color as yours! It was a 6 cylinder but I put a lot of miles on that old car. My dad bought it new in 64 and gave it to me on my 16th birthday in 1976. That picture took me back 43 years instantly!

9. catdad49

catdad49

Nice Poncho! These are Great trip cars, put many highway miles on my GTO. Care to share more pics?

10. wicarnut

wicarnut

11. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

I'll get some more pics soon.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  12. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

I’m down with that!! Looks nice. Definitely more pics when you have time. What’s the initial repair / modification list look like? Enjoy! Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

13. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Not much to repair on this one. I'd love a 400,421,428 in it with a TH350 but that would be way down the road.

14. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Came with original owners manual, protect-o-plate, window sticker and PHS Doc.

loudbang, catdad49, teach'm and 4 others like this.
  15. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

That is a nice score there! Enjoy driving it and maybe doing maintenance (versus repairs) until the modification day arrives. Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

16. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Nice car! I have a friend that has a 326HO, I'd think that yours will definitely get you around with no problem!

17. Very nice car, congratulations. HRP

18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

ya done good - great year to have, usually see a lot of '65 on up

19. My uncle bought one of those but it was pre-'64 with transaxle. He was proud that it was supposed to be close to 50-50 weight balance and superior handling. My cousin promptly rolled it.

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those were great looking when I lusted after them at the dealers in late 63 and 64 when I was 17/18 and are still a great looking car now. Ya done good.
    One of the cool parts is that you can give it a no other change attitude adjustment with a set of custom wheels and tires and change out as mood or type of event calls for.

21. Wow,...nice lookin 64, that'll make you a nice ride,...just wonderin today if you found a car yet,...that car needs nuthin but drivin'...

22. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

Nice car, I love pontiacs so that’s my kind of car. One thing you could do for now is up grade the two speed trans for a th350 [it wakes up the car] then when you are reddy for the bigger motor your half done

23. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Thanks Sam. I was at the Polo car show last week with it. No showing, just cruise in to look.

loudbang likes this.
  24. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Got yourself a great looking Pontiac. Unique that it’s a post car, may be rarer than a hardtop.

Zettle Bros. and loudbang like this.
  25. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

8795122.jpg 8795124.jpg
    Couple more pics of the car today.

26. My first thought was 455 out to 468, Richmond 5 or 6 speed with a nine inch and......but it's such a nice car as it is! I would swap a 350 turbo into it and keep the car washed and oil changed, Congrats...a really nice little 64.

27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Looks like a nice ride. :cool:

Zettle Bros. and loudbang like this.
  28. Alaska Jim

Alaska Jim

Did you purchase it off the Hamb classifieds? I saw one exactly like this some where recently for sale on the net somewhere. Thought that if it were here in Alaska, it would have been in my garage.

29. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Jim, no I bought it out of the Milwaukee area last July. Nice coupe by the way in your avatar pic!!

chryslerfan55 likes this.