Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects (1) compliant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Aug 13, 2019.

1. 34Larry

34Larry

:mad: First, when needing parts, I first start with Summit because they are so fast. With just normal shipping, (ground), my parts are here in two days. I'm 20 miles south of Seattle, Summit is in Reno (I've driven it in 10 hrs in my younger foolish days). I ordered and waited, waited and waited, no parts after a week and a half. So I called them. I'm told there seems to be a hangup with the payment and was transferred to customer relations.
    The error was not on my part at all, but was on part of them or there reporting vendor.
    So why didn't they email or call me the day after placing my order and tell me, instead of just being silent and leaving me here expecting and needing these parts, (331 Hemi intake gaskets). Luckily I discovered a pair I had stashed some time ago and engine has been running for the better part of the week I was waiting. I also had ordered a set of the spark plug tube rings which I was really anxious to get and install. I'm still a BIG fan of Summit :D and will always go there before going anywhere else, but damn it, they need to get this part of there on line business straightened out. :mad::mad:

loudbang and Deuces like this.
  2. These things happen. Serenity now, serenity now.:D

302GMC, Cosmo50, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  3. Settle down and go to your happy place, it will get better. HRP

4. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For what it's worth, the title of your thread is quite at odds with it's content.:rolleyes:

5. ......Yeah, there's a big difference from a complaint and being compliant.:D;)

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

com·pli·ant
    /kəmˈplīənt/
    adjective
    1. 1.
      inclined to agree with others or obey rules, especially to an excessive degree; acquiescent.
      "a compliant labor force"
      synonyms: acquiescent, amenable, biddable, tractable, complaisant, accommodating, cooperative, adaptable

Just Gary, Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. Deuces

Deuces

Summit???... Never had a problem with those guys.... :)

lothiandon1940 and Blue One like this.
  8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Summit is awesome, never had an issue with them of any kind.

Just Gary and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Summit has always been way more than awesome to me as well and I favor them over all other parts places.

It sounds like your problem may have been been with the credit card company and not Summit.

Deuces likes this.
  10. partssaloon

partssaloon

That may be true but I let my customers know immediately of the problem and get it handled together. It's called SERVICE

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I love the compliants. As long as they do what they're told.

12. That is funny no matter what part of the country you live in. :D

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. not knocking what your saying.. Summit is a big company and SERVICE isn't what once was in some ways.. I 've bought a few things from them in the past.. never a issue.. Just think of the amount of orders they get in one day...I expect if a issue arises I'll have to call.. It's just big business ( drop shipments, etc)

14. Budget36

Budget36

The tracking order they provided-or lack there of-may have been a clue to contact them. Just something to think about in the future.

15. I'm shock MIKE W hasn't posted correcting the OP. HRP

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    egads likes this.
  16. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

So the OP normally gets his parts in two days, but doesn’t assume there’s a problem until after not getting them for a week and a half?

I don’t know how y’all order things online, but I always look for a tracking number and ETA after I place an order. Car parts, Amazon, eBay, cigars... everything...

17. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Few years ago it took Jegs 6 phone calls and 5 weeks and 3 tries to get the correct head bolts .shit happens .. And I ordered with the manufacturer's part number !

18. badvolvo

badvolvo

Place order, get confirmation email within the hour. Tracking number shows up overnight, if it's not there, I would call. That goes for Jegs, Summit, Speedway. All others not so much.

19. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

;)I’ve known more than one old gal that was a lot more compliant after a few drinks.;)

alanp561, el Scotto and Just Gary like this.
  20. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

I guess I'm lucky because I have never had a problem with Jegs, Summit or Speedway.

21. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

id give Summit 9 outa 10,jegs 8 outa 10,speedway 8 outa 10.FAT MAN FAB that's a different matter sent me defective steering rack wont do anything about it,couldnt/wouldn't send on another set of seals.unit was defective play in it with no miles on the car.didnt spot it until I drove the truck.anyway wouldn't order from them again.my next project model A.Wont be using a rack.

22. deadbeat

deadbeat

I ordered from Summit a new cam, lifters and hd valve springs for one of my FE's on a Saturday morning and had them in my hands that following Thursday morning and I am half a world away. They get my vote for great service,, cheers

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    pitman, lothiandon1940 and nunattax like this.
  23. 34Larry

34Larry

Okay okay so I made a quick spelling mistake, BFD, why make such a Federal case out of it??
    ("Let the first one with out sin, throw the first stone"), I think is the way it is quoted.

egads likes this.
  24. manyolcars

manyolcars

Because
    Because it's funny. Just like hotrodprimer saying, "I'm shock". Always look for humor

deadbeat and egads like this.
  25. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

ill happily throw stones in fat man direction,im too far away to do anything else about it and they know that.

26. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Exactly and because words have meaning and when a word is spelled wrongly it gives the message a totally different meaning and distracts from the intent of the post.

In cases like this it’s not only a spelling mistake it’s also using the wrong word entirely.

Just like loosing instead of losing or bare with me instead of bear with me or break instead of brake and a whole collection of other mistakes guys make over and over again.

Stripper and striper we could go on. :D:D

egads likes this.
  27. We kid because we care, but it does remind me of this old adage........... 1336075413637_9450087.png

deadbeat, Sancho, egads and 2 others like this.
  28. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Never had a issue with Summit,Jegs,Speedway,Gratiot Auto,PAW, J C Whitney or any mail order/online parts sellers.
    The fact that I have never ordered any parts from a catalog may have something to with it.

29. Don't feel bad about making a spelling mistake, we are not all professors or English teachers and we have many members who's primary language is not English, some of them are better at spelling than many of us.

We are hot rodders and custom builders, there is no reason to chastise someone for a mistake, if you feel you must help them make a correction do it in a PM, we all knew where he was going with the thread and we all make grammatical errors.

BTW, if I don't double check my post I am bad about typing defiantly instead of definitely. HRP

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  30. pitman

pitman

Lothaidon, I'm feeling Comma'tose! :rolleyes: