Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT:getting away with murder, need wise advice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29-a-freak, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

we were all punk kids riding mini-bikes or doing something similar at one time or another, and im sure we all had encounters with old dudes angry at the world with nothing better to do than hassle a kid for being a kid. so i ask wich ones of have grown up into that old man? telling this kid that he was out of line for riding a mini bike? are you kidding me?! thats the american way! it starts with a mini-bike or a go cart and eventually its a model A with a flattie. we all had to start soemwhere. keep up the good work and dont let that geezer give you crap like that. my dog is my best friend, and if anyone ever did anything like that to him well i dont even want to think aobut what i would do to them. police arent going to side with a 16year old on this one so i dont think its going to do you any good to call them. a childish prank is about all you can do, as long you keep it within reason and dont set anything on fire unless its a bag of dog sh!t on his porch you'll be fine.

2. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

It's easy to say FTW when you don't have to bear any of the consequences, Tetanus. I guarandamnTEE you if he was riding his unmuffled minibike around your million dollar house in HB with his dog shitting on your lawn, you wouldn't think it was so great. It's great as long as its in your faded memory and not in your neighborhood.

Use your head! The kids riding an unlicensed little moto around the nieghborhood with his dog running after him! Doesn't that sound a little unsafe? Kinda like an accident waiting to happen? He's gonna hit the dog, a car, another kid, wipe out when he's jacking around, damage property, make someone swerve to avoid him and cause an accident, etc etc.

What are you gonna say when someone gets hurt? That's OK, it'll lead to a flathead in a Model A? :confused: I don't get it.

What are the odds of you giving *your* kid an offroad only motorbike and a big yellow dog and tell him its fine to wear shorts and a t shirt to go zipping around the neighborhood? Oh, and tell him it's cool to go fuck with the 85 year old guy down the street, too.

It's not right to disrespect your neighbors and their safety like that. It's not right for the kid to disrespect himself and his own safety by behaving like he did. It's not right for the kid to disrespect his parents by fucking with the neighbors, and endangering himself, not to mention he's (hopefully) breaking their rules about riding the moto on the street where it doesn't belong. He's disrespecting the community by breaking the laws.

And this is all before we hear what actually happened, cuz I'm sure the kid probably didn't mention the part where he drove through the old mans lawn or told him to F off or something.

He's 16. You're supposed to be a shithead when you're 16. That's why you need adults to regulate your ass so you don't end up in reform school with a switchblade and greasy hair.

Yeah the story is kinda funny. The part that's convenient to ignore is how sad it is nobody cares enough to tell this kid his life is way too valuable to be doing stuff like this. The old man with the BB gun is the least of his problems. I just feel sorry for the kid and wish him the best. I'll keep him in my prayers tonight.

3. Upchuck

Upchuck
    from Canada BC

put a bag of burning dog crap on his concrete door step and ring the door bell

I wouldn't be scared unless the guy was firing live rounds at me and I had nothing to shoot back with:D

4. talisman

talisman
    from Texas

Regardless on what he was doing wrong, I don't think it warrants shooting a DOG that was doing nothing more than following its owner around. Maybe shooting the OWNER, but not the dog. :D I'm sorry, but if someone intentionally harmed one of my animals, they would feel a wrath that would make the bible look like Greens Eggs and Ham. Thats just me, and I have a temper problem that has fortunatly only gone off a couple times in many years. There are several other good replies on this thread.

5. Slingshot,marbles,windows.....

6. pOrk

pOrk

There are more assumptions in this thread then bitter old man. You guys are rediculous. So the people in here that say chain your dog IN your yard, never take theirs out running / playing? How do you know if he was picking up the shit or not? Why does it matter, it doesnt fucking make it right to shoot the dog of he poops in the yard. And besides, that is ASSUMING he did.

For those of you who are adding all these little details to the story that dont have a clue, your the bitter old men that sit out there in the front yard with the bb gun. Go ahead, shoot at my dog. You'll get what you got commin, and there wont be no dirty coppers involved

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gene, you ol' dad was a very wise man. Yeah there will come a time when there is one that will get'cha. I served in Special Forces for years, we took the fight to the bad guys at every opportunity. That last one left me with a back broken in three places, a leg that don’t work right and what they call PTSD. Pick your fights wisely, dictate the terms of engagement.

BUT, he shot his dog man. The dog is an innocent, just doing as its told and following its owner. If he had to shoot someone, the kid shouldda got it as the dog wouldn’t be there if he wasn’t.
    No matter what or who is to blame the old asshat needs to be taught that you just cant do shit like that. I could handle the old guy calling the cops, or calling in on his parents to complain but not shooting the dog.
    Kid do what you have to do, if the cops can’t help you drop me a line. I got a bag of tricks you can use.
    Doc.

8. houtex63

houtex63
    from houston

fuck it, let it go. you don't wanna make enemies with a neighbor.

if you do retaliate, wait a few weeks, make it less obvious it was you

9. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

my little brother had a shirt made that said it all front:YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE back: A RICH WHITE KID WITH A GUN AND A GOOD LAWYER
    thats all you need and every thing is OK

10. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

I got shot with salt rocks when I was 15 years old by some old fart. Yeah I was trespassing......I didn't do that again. That old fart and I were both better off.
    You should be more worried about getting that BB out your dogs ass.

11. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

I also agree with just letting it go--- the dude is old and pissed off because he's old & probably losing his mind. Besides it's just a bb gun and your dog probably didnt remeber being shot two minutes after it happened.

If this is a first time problem with the old man, let it go and generally try to give him distance without inconveniencing yourself. If something happens again, the guy needs to be confronted by you or your dad-- old cats understand the old school and if you need to confront him, do so respectfully, tell him your gripe and look him in the eye. Then run your ass off when he starts pumping BB's at your ass-- cause some times old men dont give a fuck!! :)

Leave the cops out of this and DO NOT fuck up the mans car behind his back like a weasel. For this one, just let it go...

-scott noteboom

12. Suck it up, WALK over to the old man's house, with your parents, and apologize. Even if you think you're 100% right, apologize sincerely. A sincere and profuse apology goes so much farther than any kind of retribution ever would.

If the old guy's decent, he'll accept and forgive. If he's not you'll know it right away. Either way, put this behind you and stay away from the old coot. You're only 16. Hell, I got underwear older than you are. Don't do anything else stupid.

In 5 years, this will not matter one little bit. Hell, it shouldn't matter now.

Now go build a rod or custom. Your life will be so much richer for it. Your pockets will be poorer, but so what.

13. junk-junkie

junk-junkie
    from Arvada CO

It's amazing to see this. Lots of folks are all bent about an unregistered mini bike (who does that?!) and an unleashed dog. Where is the HAMB upright citizens brigade when we're talking about open pipes, street racing, spindle mounts, flamethrowers, driveway rev tuning and all manner of hot rod behaviors? I'm calling hypocrisy.

Everyone with a car ready to be blessed by Ralph Nader himself form a line to the side..... hey, hey wait? where'd everybody go?

29a-freak, My $.02 is that though the old geezer is clearly a dick (what kind of person shoots a dog?), it is best not to do anything yourself. You'll only bring the heat on yourself (just look at this board, old people don't like other peoples kids, especially cops, I remember). If your folks aren't sketchy in the eyes of the local cops, have them make the call, but be prepared to get hassled for the mini bike, maybe even lose it. As for yourself, good things come to those who wait grasshopper. Someday the mean old geezer will create a situation for himself and your contribution will be effortless. It'll be poetic.

14. 19Fordy

19Fordy

If he's a "good old boy" and your in Calhoun County, I would suggest you forget it and move on!

15. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

I gotta say...

If the dude is shooting dogs in the middle of the street (if that's really how it happened) cause he thinks it's "His Property" (I don't know how it is where you live but I got a 30' easment from the front of my property) then how long before it's his old "Great War" 38 revolver and some kid on a bycicle?

You can't go shooting dogs in the street PERIOD.

At least let the authorities know in case this isn't an isolated case...

BUT ONLY IF YOUR DOG WAS IN THE STREET!

In Cali, It wouldn't matter if the dog was in your house humping your sister, You still couldn't shoot it with a BB Gun.

And even here in Gun-Loving Texas, I bet you would stir a shit storm if you started shooting dogs that wandered onto your property. Even with a BB Gun...

I had an old guy start going ballistic, talking about calling the cops, and then threatening me, my wife, my daughter, and my dogs, because I was leaving a parking spot ACROSSED THE FUCKING STREET from his house in Whittier.

So I can feel your pain... Some times the wires get crossed in the heads of the ol folks...

16. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Here in oklahoma they have a man up on felony charges for accidently killing a goose with a broom. Im sure we all know how mean geese are. Animal cruelty is no joke call the cops. They take that shit seriously, at least around here.

17. 29-a-freak

29-a-freak

ok i live in the blue ridge mtns in north georgia there ain't any million dollor houses around here. People ride more motorcycles around more than they do cars I know that some of ya'll thank that i was in the wrong but that is regular life around here I can't figure out what to do to the guy he never moves he always sets in his front yard

18. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri

My bassett hound was in heat a few years ago and some little hairy dog came over to try and hump it.

I pumped tha air gun up to 3 or 4 pumps it went away.

The second time it came around it got 6 or 7 pumps and never came back.

Take care of your dog. It doesn't need to be running around loose in a neighborhood.

Owning a dog is a responsibility. I don't care about the mini bike deal and it sounds like the 85 year old might be a little cooky.

19. Cranium

Cranium

At 85, it sounds like he's earned that priviledge.
    Talk to your parents. If they want to call the cops, go with that.
    If they don't, move on.
    If they want you to burn his house down, consider emancipation!

20. repoguy

repoguy

Have your folks call the cops. He has broken the law, plain and simple. You cannot shoot anyone or their pet for simply walking on your grass, period. The only justified reason for shooting anyone or their pet is in self defense, and that doesn't sound like what went down.

Some people here are saying "let i go", and I would have to disagree. He shot your dog for no good reason and he needs to pay the price. You can't just shoot a man or his dog just for setting foot your yard. I don't know about you, but I'm very fond on my dog. If someone shot my dog with a bb gun, he'd either be visited by the cops shortly afterward, or more likely he'd be wearing that bb gun in his ass. What a sorry piece of shit he is for doing that.

21. 4tford

4tford

Two wrongs do not make it right. If you feel like you need to do something because he shot your dog talk about it with your parents and let them decide what should be done. It is better to have your parents talk to the guy and resolve the matter than escalating it any further. If the guy is really a dick then I let your parents decide if they want to call the cops about this guy and just hope there are no holes in your story. Also your bike and dog better be licensed.

22. Listen carefully :D 16 yr old kid......
    You are ACTUALLY-committing a crime here- in the "public eye" of the internet.....
    Its called CONSPIRACY and is a felony in most states....IF you actually do something stupid and yes anything you decide to do in retaliation for this is STUPID in this case....
    Hell he could drop dead in the reaction to your"retalliation" of which you speak -=THEN you would be charged with that crime- and the evidence would be picked up [from this post] in the ensuing investigation....
    SEE WHAT I MEAN?=STUPID ....you'd ruin your WHOLE life over an incident that isnt worth sweating for even a second.....
    Forget this "getting even shit"- you are being an COMPLETE ass.

QUOTE:I can't figure out what to do to the guy he never moves he always sets in his front yard[/quote]

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

[/quote]111

24. 29-a-freak

29-a-freak

My bad choprods never thought of it that way. Sorry never ment to be an ass. Should of not even posted the story i was just mad when I typed it I never ment to piss anybody off, Sorry......

Tyler

25. hemi

hemi

Go whip his ass. He's old and from a time when you could beat the shit out of people, he'll understand.

26. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Let's see, let it go, laugh it off, call the cops, don't call the cops, whip his ass oooorrrrrrr........A FLAMING BAG OF DOG SHIT ON HIS PORCH:eek:

27. repoguy

repoguy

Best laugh I've had all day. :)

28. nrfleming

nrfleming

Here in georgia the old man was within his rights to shoot the dog if it was on his property. As the story goes the dog was in the street, since only one person on the board was there we are probably getting a little slant on what really happened. Its unfortuneate the dog had to suffer for his owners mistake. I think stabbing the old man is a little extreme.

29. talisman

talisman
    from Texas

Just a little bit.... Throw a pot of boiling Crisco on him instead. :)

30. Gator

Gator

Put a basket on the front of your little crf 50 then you and your little dog can ride around al you want. And maybe you can put a sticker of a "smilie that is flipping the bird" on it.

Or go stab the fucker. I'm good with either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.