Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Recommended books for improving the performance of Model A engines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Limey Kid, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

As the title says, I'm looking for any recommended reading for hopping up the Model A engine.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

2. dover1

dover1
    from calif. usa

The best book you will ever find for modifying the Model A and B engines. " 4-bangers! and me! " by Jim Brierley Only available from the author Jim Brierley. 39480 Colleen Way, Temecula, Ca. 92592 Email [email protected] This man knows how to make a Model A engine perform and live without destroying its self. Best $33.00 I ever spent.

3. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Second on this! Jim's a nice guy and you can pm him here and on the Ford barn also.

4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I think the first post in the monthly banger meeting post has links to recommend reading.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Jim Huseby

Jim Huseby

As already expressed, Jim Brierly's book may be the best single source , but there is an incredible world of info to be had in the past few years of Secrets of Speed magazine, FAST newsletter, and another old book, "Ford Speed Manual", by Bill Fisher from 1952 and many other sources that will consume you if you keep enthusiastically looking.

6. Jim Huseby

Jim Huseby

I for got, as also previously mentioned, the HAMB Banger forum, and for some eye candy, have look at www.olympicspeedsters.com .

7. ClarkL

ClarkL
    BANNED
    from Knoxville

When I need to read something new, I always turn to one site, which contains a whole library of books. It's very cool and really cool, and I'm totally in awe of it. So if you guys like to read books, then https://freebooksummary.com/beowulf-and-goliath-932 will certainly help you a lot with this and will be able to establish the process. It is incredibly convenient to read there, so I strongly advise you to use it.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020