Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Is anyone going to auction in Wheaton MN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alanp561, Aug 9, 2019.

1. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Saw this on Jalopnik this morning. 200 + cars belonging to late James Graham being auctioned off this weekend August 9-10 in Wheaton MN by Vanderbrink Auctions. Awesome collection including 100 + convertibles. 4 videos showing some of everything. Several running driving cars. Wish I'd seen it sooner. I don't know how to link this but it should be easy to find.

2. egads

egads

3. Bird man

Bird man
    from Milwaukee

I wish but is most of a day each way. The parts cars are intriguing but I would have as much in fuel as the carcass :(

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

only need money and time to go see if a deal can be had - if you go be sure to take pics & post

5. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

For me this collection is as good as it gets, full-size cars from the 50s and 60s are my thing.

With online bidding prices will probably be ridiculous (remember that sale in Nebraska a few years ago)

I can't go which is probably a good thing, I don't need another project right now.

6. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Check the online bidding and then decide.

7. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

8. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

The parts cars sold for what I consider fair money if someone was looking for one.

9. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

10. flatford39

flatford39

Wow...just wow. That is stupid money. Wish stupid would show up here and buy some of my stuff.

11. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I was planning to go as it's only about 30 miles away from me. But after following the online bidding for the last few days I figured it wasn't really worth my time. Not looking for another project anyway so I headed to the garage and worked on mine most of the day instead!
    As @partsdawg mentioned there were probably some fair prices on project/parts cars. But the pre-event publicity and the online bidding pretty much ruled out any flaming bargains I think.
    Made a run to the parts store after dinner, saw a late model pickup with out of state (Iowa??) plates and a nice empty car trailer drive by heading south and wondered if it might have been an unsuccessful bidder?? I'm sure I'll hear comments about it as I have friends that were there.