Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fall Run What Ya Brung Silver Dollar Raceway Oct. 5, 2019

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Jul 17, 2019.

1. That would be way cool and an honor to be on the flyer with Brian :cool: I believe that was his picture originally and it was such a great one I had to snag it. I don’t know if there’s any out there of us running???

loudbang likes this.
  2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Andrew is already working on it, with that pic, I think.

GAOldsman and brianf31 like this.
  3. brianf31

brianf31

I'd love to see that Morris run!

loudbang likes this.
  4. brianf31

brianf31

5. brianf31

brianf31

I've never been on a poster so that's an honor! That was a pro photographer for the SNDR event that took the pic.

loudbang and GAOldsman like this.
  6. Thanks for clarifying that Brian. Yes! Truly an honor. Way K :cool::cool: L

loudbang likes this.
  7. Only 53 days until Go Time

[​IMG]

8. Is that a Vicky ?

GAOldsman and loudbang like this.
  9. Gonna see what we can do about making this happen with our schedules... Hope to see u all soon!

10. Gangway!! Day 51 is coming through!!

[​IMG]

I believe so Tony. Didn't see any info on the car, just the driver. Bruce Ruth in 1957 in the Colorado Auto Racing Circuit.

loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  11. Won't be long now...

[​IMG]

dirty old man and loudbang like this.
  12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

That is definitely a Vicky. Guy that lived not too far from me had a fiberglass bodied one and won a trophy at the cruise here on Sat. the 10th and then died of COPD on Sun. the 11th! I didn't know him real well, but the times I had spoken with him, he seemed like a nice guy. Damn shame.

loudbang and GAOldsman like this.
  13. BE96F82C-31C4-4115-8F1D-4182E59355B6.jpeg Only 49 short days of thrashing left, so I revised an old standby flyer if anyone wants to help get the word out.

48fordnut, brianf31 and loudbang like this.
  14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Time is getting short, only 19 days till RWYB,
    For those who plan to stay and cook/eat after the races and all, I learned today that we aren't going to have the big grill we usually have, as Jimmy will be out of town and it may not be possible to arrange to have it there for us to use. So plan to bring a grill or get set up to pair with someone else for grill use. I plan to bring a 22" Weber charcoal grill, but please, contact me to be sure I haven't already agreed to share with someone else before counting on using it, as it will only handle cooking a few people's food.

GAOldsman, loudbang and brianf31 like this.
  15. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

I will be there . Bring mini bikes. Have some parts and a couple of bikes for sale.
    All predator powered.

loudbang likes this.
  16. Can’t wait. It’s going to be a blast. Unfortunately there’s only going to be the perpetual trophy and bowling pin up for grabs this time. Good times will be had nonetheless.

dirty old man, loudbang and 48fordnut like this.
  17. 595185EE-51E6-4817-A8DF-AC4E470051BD.jpeg Saturday Saturday Saturday

Weather is looking just right.

Be There!!

loudbang and 48fordnut like this.
  18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Weather is supposed to start cooling off towards the weekend, hope so! :cool:
    Talked to Anthony Persico today, and he was telling me about the 2 storms that had hit SD since we were there in April. Tore up all kinds of stuff including the slectronic board that shows "Winner, ETs & MPH!:eek: Close to quarter million between the 2 storms:oops: New scoreboard, LEDs, Digital, and state of the art has been ordered but not arrived yet.
    BTW, if you have an FM radio in one of your tow vehicles, etc. The track announer's call for lieuop for various classes and types of cars, eliminations, etc. for the Gasser guys will be on FM 91.9 freq.:)

GAOldsman, loudbang and 48fordnut like this.
  19. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

will have Predator 212 engs and parts, plus a couple of predator mini bikes for sale. Fast.

loudbang likes this.
  20. southcross2631

southcross2631

Won't be bringing the Dancing Rabbit Morris . We broke the motor. Trying to get ready for the next SEGA race.

21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I saw a video with you running it at a SEGA race, and dancing rabbit is a good name for it.:cool: Sorry you won't be joining us.

loudbang likes this.
  22. brianf31

brianf31

loudbang likes this.
  23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

When I talked to Anthony Persico a day or two ago, he asked what was on our flyer, so I sent it to him and he said he would have someone on the gate at 9:00 to sell tickets and let folks in since that was what was on our flyer.

GAOldsman, brianf31 and loudbang like this.
  24. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

looking forward to pics

25. Wonder why it says Test and Tune All Day and then Testing @ 3 on the flyer?

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.
  26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I wouldn't worry about it. Just get there when you can, and once there all calls to staging lanes, etc. are on 91.9FM

27. brianf31

brianf31

Dunno. I saw where Josh asked on their FB page and they responded that there are no runs before 3:00.

loudbang likes this.
  28. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Did you read what I posted in post #54? Anthony had posted gates open at 12:00, but when he saw that our flyer said gates open
    @ 9:00 he stated he would have a gate attendant on duty @ 9:00 to accomadate us with early arrivals, but racing starts @ 3:00pm.