Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Best Car Shopping Sites

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LM14, Aug 10, 2019.

1. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Admins, please move this if I chose the incorrect location. I did a search and didn't come up with much. know it's been discussed so I apologize if this has been beat to death and I just can't find it.

What are some of your favorite car shopping sites?

I've been shopping for a couple months but tend to gravitate to the same old sites.
    * Here
    * Craigslist (car sales took a bit dive there when they started charging to post cars for sale) and I mostly use Search Tempest to search CL. Usually use a 500 mile radius of my home base
    * FB Marketplace
    *EBAY Motors (hardly ever go there to be honest, not into them like I was years ago)
    * A couple active groups on FB that are Buy/Sell/Trade only pages
    * Racing Junk

Where am I missing deals? Not interested in daily drivers. Hot rods, street machines, street rods, etc. Looking for anything from projects to drive it home deals.

Care to share where you spend your time looking?

Thanks in advance,
    SPark

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    hotrodharry2 likes this.
  2. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

Always thought carsonline.com was a bit hokey probably because many of the cars were listed by those brokering hot rods for someone else but guess what, I was wrong. By accident just perusing the site for the first time in at least ten years I found a particular car I had been seeking for quite a few years. Yes, you do have to wade through the clowns but where else do you find at least fifty 32 Fords. Maybe it was a quirk but worth a look.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

maybe: oldcarsonline.com - classiccars.com - classiccarprojects.com - fossilcars.com

4. What's wrong with the Hamb classifieds? HRP

5. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Absolutely nothing. It was the first one I listed! I see several I'm interested in but don't want to make a 4 day trip to look at one and drive back home. Just seeing where everyone else shops.
    SPark

6. hotrodhotline

7. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

I guess I use that one, too. Forgot about it. Also has a branch called "Project cars for sale" that I view about once a week. Their offerings don't change often but I have called a few looking for missing info.
    SPark

8. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

Agreed, the HAMB classifieds are the best. The point I was trying to make is that if you are looking for a particular car, in this case a 32 Ford, on the carsonline.com site there are at this moment 145 1932 Fords listed for sale with others marked sold. How many are hamb friendly, I have no idea nor do I know how many are steel or glass or coupes or roadsters etc. You would have to wade through them all to sort it out but in this case it was worth it. Just trying to help and answer a question.

9. ahshoe

ahshoe

Hotrodhotline.com used to be great when the Utah or Idaho couple, not sure where they lived,ran it...They sold out now most all the cars are broker cars from a Michigan big company.it loat all its personality. IMO.I bought the last 2 cars (trucks) from here .And the one before that from Craigslist,which it not what it used to be either.

10. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Offer up has some good stuff once in a while

11. Ben38

Ben38
    from Minnesota

What do you guys use to find used parts?

12. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Swap meets. ;)

Texas Webb likes this.
  13. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I bought both of my barn finds on craigslist...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. Rand Man

Rand Man

Facebook Marketplace is my current go-to for car dreaming mode.

What’s the word friends? I have a pretty good feeling this one will buff out. IMG_4952.jpeg IMG_4953.jpeg
    IMG_4954.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023