Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 59 olds super88

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dennis Sobey, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Dennis Sobey

Dennis Sobey

barn find. Really solid and low miles. I brought it home today. Yes starts runs and stops. But.... before I start too far. Where is the oil filter placement on these and does anyone know if they are canister or screw in. It’s a 371? Bit boat

Attached Files:

low budget likes this.
  2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    mgtstumpy and Dennis Sobey like this.
  3. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't know about the filter, but I'm not gonna lie: I'm a little bit jelly.

Dennis Sobey likes this.
  4. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Damn, I must be looking in the wrong barns! All I veer see is rusted out junk sunk half way up to the broken out windows in cow shit, covered with bird droppings and families of rats, mice and racoons living in them.:eek::eek:

Dennis Sobey likes this.

5. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ To add. Research that I've read states 59 371 is a small bore 394. Now photo I've posted states 371 but is it 58 and down? But that is the area you'll find filter non the less.

Dennis Sobey likes this.
  7. Dennis Sobey

Dennis Sobey

Thanks everyone. It was the screw on type. Got a fram and when I got home flushed and changed. Also did the intake sea foam thing and a new battery. I swear a fella could just jump in and hit the highway. But before that I better get her all prettied up. It is seriously a yacht it sure feels like a real car when you touch the gas.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    low budget likes this.
  8. Slopok

Slopok

If you meant Fram get another brand such as Wix. There is a thread about oil filters that may interest you.

warbird1, Dennis Sobey and Johnny Gee like this.
  9. Dennis Sobey

Dennis Sobey

Thanks man. I am just going to leave this oil in while I get it tweaked up from 18 years of hiding then I’ll flush again and go with a good filter and top oil. Thanks for the filter advice.

10. papajohn

papajohn

My first 60 Olds had a 394 with a canister so I converted it. All of my others have been screw on type. These were a mix of 371s and 394s.