Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage WISCONSIN FENDERLESS HOT RODS & WISDOT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Curt R, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Quote earlier from Curt R.... 2019, June 18, the 1932 Ford "HOBBYIST" license plates are suspended.

2. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

He asked the question why do cars have to have bumpers ? The answer is they don't. Bumpers only protect those that have them. If someone with a bumper hits someone without one the the one with the bumper will receive less risk and damage than they would have if they hit another car with a bumper. This law is the same as helmet laws. It only takes our free choice to decide for ourselves how to protect ourselves not others. Laws should only be made to protect people from harming others. They are overreaching when they think they have the right to decide how we live. We have to stick together in this fight or soon every area of our hobby will be outlawed by people that have no stake in it. This effects us all as when one state does this it tends to spread like cancer.

loudbang likes this.
  3. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ouch, you guys! Don't shoot the messenger.:eek: I was only reiterating what the law actually says. As to driving being a privilege, try driving around any way you feel without a license sometime. You will learn the cold hard facts very quickly. I think most of us learned it the hard way when we were younger. As to bumpers, I have been in enough fender-benders in my life to appreciate having them on any car driven on public roads to any extent. The laws are the laws and will be enforced, whether we like them or not. Coming on here spouting libertarian dogma won't change that one bit.

Old wolf likes this.
  4. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

The whole "Driving is a privilege, not a right" thing was made up by gov't bureaucrats usurping power not granted to them. While they may be getting away with it, please don't reiterate their b.s. lines. "The Law" does not specifically say that. In fact there are court cases that say the opposite, that all people have a "Right" to travel that cannot be denied. It can be regulated, not denied. We're supposed to be hot rodders, that means we have at least a little bit of a rebel spirit. Please don't cave in to fucking bureaucrats attempts to justify their existence and expand their powers.

5. I would like the questions answered directly from the horses mouth. Brad has only posted one time and never stated any factual into. Whatever Curt post is heresay and subject to Curt,s interpretation.

6. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Exactly ! This country and its concept came about by people not willing to accept self serving rule. We had to fight for it starting with rousing up the masses. There were many more sheep that cowerd down and said thats the way things are than the ones that actually did something about it. The sheep always bitch at the resistance and then enjoy the fruits of the fight after the few do something about the problem. I wish Pete Chapouris was still with us. I watched him beat many of these battles.

loudbang likes this.
  7. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"The Law" does not specifically say that. In fact there are court cases that say the opposite, that all people have a "Right" to travel that cannot be denied. It can be regulated, not denied. "

Unless you are using your "right" to travel on foot it can be denied. The law specifically does say that rules regarding motor vehicles must be obeyed. The consequences vary from a stern warning to jail time.

Go ahead and cite a court case that says you can drive anything you want in any fashion you want and disregard the public safety. Go ahead........................................

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    H380 and Old wolf like this.
  8. Here we go again with you. Curt has been in constant contact with Brad as stated and having known Curt 40ish years he will give the FACTS without interpretation. Again I just don't get why you keep posting on this. This is going to take time to work out and I know you don't like the sound of crickets, so just move on. This has zero affect on any car that you are driving. For the record not everyone is a HAMB member that owns a hot rod.

loudbang likes this.
  9. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Unless you are using your "right" to travel on foot it can be denied. The law specifically does say that rules regarding motor vehicles must be obeyed. The consequences vary from a stern warning to jail time.

Go ahead and cite a court case that says you can drive anything you want in any fashion you want and disregard the public safety. Go ahead........................................[/QUOTE]
    I havent seen anyone post about going out and doing whatever they want. What I have seen is people unhappy with unjust laws and are expressing that fact. They are trying to figure out how to correct it. I have not seen any posts of guys wanting to do anything that is unsafe. Maybe you should read the posts in entirity. As has been stated the motor vehicle laws were made long after the constitution gave us the right to travel and they were not only traveling on foot even then. Just because a few people work their way into power and make NEW laws interpreted by themselves to be just in THEIR eyes that fit what they want does not mean we have to sit back and take it. If you think that a car without a bumper can cause you more damage than one with one then all I can say is Im glad you are not one of the politicians. Unjust laws have been reversed since way back including just recently. Having us look up a court case that goes against this has no bearing because a judge will always side with whatever law has been forced on us whether its just or not. That does not mean the law is constitutional. Obviously you don't care whether the rest of us can run bumperless or fenderless cars but if we made a law that attacked something you loved dearly I can bet that you would come out swinging.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    loudbang likes this.
  10. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Go ahead and cite a court case that says you can drive anything you want in any fashion you want and disregard the public safety. Go ahead........................................[/QUOTE]
    As I said, it can be regulated, not denied; in the same way other rights can be regulated; like gun rights, speech rights, abortion rights, etc. And yes, there are cases going way back that define it as a right, not a privilege. That is all that is being said here.

loudbang likes this.
  11. How about we try to stay on topic again ? Thanks

12. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good idea. Politics have no place on a forum such as this.

13. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Hahaha, the whole topic is political. Tell you what, you delete your comment that started this, and I'll delete all of my posts on it too. OK?

14. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Laws are created , written and enacted by politicians , how can you discuss laws without politics ?? Makes no sense...

15. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

Poly= many
    Tick= blood sucking pest
    Politics= many blood sucking pests

X-cpe, Kan Kustom, Blues4U and 2 others like this.
  16. WSVA

WSVA

On avoiding a vehicle inspection, the Wisconsin law reads:

110.075  Motor vehicle inspection.

(2) When directed by any traffic officer or motor vehicle inspector, the operator of any motor vehicle shall stop and submit such motor vehicle to an inspection and such tests as are necessary to determine whether it meets the requirements of this section, or that its equipment is not in proper adjustment or repair, or in violation of the equipment provisions of ss. 110.05, 110.06, 110.063 and 110.064, ch. 347, or rules issued pursuant thereto. Such inspection shall be made with respect to the brakes, lights, turn signals, steering, horns and warning devices, glass, mirrors, exhaust system, windshield wipers, tires, and other items of equipment designated by the secretary.

There is no dodging this bullet in Wisconsin.

17. thanks to WSVA for getting this thread back on track.

This thread is about "WISCONSIN FENDERLESS HOT RODS & WISDOT"

The tickets issued to Brad for his 32 have been dismissed. No need to beat on that issue anymore. Brad is consulting with an attorney about the registration suspension of the 32. Whatever Brad wants to share with the HAMB may be determined by the attorney.

The big picture issue is "FENDERLESS HOT RODS" are they legal or illegal to be operated on the roads of Wisconsin according to WISDOT?

We all have our own opinion about the correct answer to the question. Interpretation of Wisconsin Statute and Code by many people is just opinion which has been stated on this and other HAMB threads. Let's save HAMB space and wait for the decision to come from the proper sources.

Wisconsin hot rodders have contacted their Legislators over the issue. The Legislators are seeking answers to the contacts. Some progress is being made, it's a bureaucracy and it works slow. There are no definite answers yet but some Legislators push harder, we wait.

The more hot rodders who contact their Legislator the better, don't stop now, we have a long way to go!

Curt R

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  18. UnkkaBobby

UnkkaBobby

Much thanks go out to the WSVA and Curt R for this recent post. Thanks for all you do.

milwscruffy and a boner like this.
  19. UnkkaBobby

UnkkaBobby

Also, prior to that:

110.075  Motor vehicle inspection.
    (1)  No person shall drive or move, or cause or knowingly permit to be driven or moved, on any highway any vehicle or combination of vehicles which is not in conformity with the requirements of this section.
    (2) When directed by any traffic officer or motor vehicle inspector, the operator of any motor vehicle shall stop and submit such motor vehicle to an inspection and such tests as are necessary to determine whether it meets the requirements of this section, or that its equipment is not in proper adjustment or repair.............

tubman likes this.
  20. A Boner

A Boner

No hobby.....No forum.

21. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Does that apply to all vehicles, or just hot rods? Seems like quite an over reach in fees to lower the number of vehicles to be titled!

22. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

According to the news it will apply to all titling. Some minor differences in car and light truck plates, but the title costs go up and so do the annual plates. At least that is what I was able to get from the internet. Wis DOT does not have anything on their site yet, it is effective 10/1/2019 as milwscruffy said.

23. Legislator interest is developing slowly. WISDOT has developed a few programmed replies to the Legislators. A few Legislators have looked past the canned replies and looked deeper, the feedback we are receiving from those Legislators is encouraging. More Wisconsin rodders have contacted their Legislators than I thought, huge thanks to all!!!

If you have contacted your Legislator and received the "all is good, the tickets were dismissed" response, recontact the Legislator and inform them "it's not over, his registration has been suspended and we believe WSP is incorrect in their reasons for having WISDMV suspend the registration, look deeper".

If you haven't contacted your Legislator, now is the time. There have been thousands of views of the HAMB threads. Postings on other social media sites can account for 40-50,000 views or comments, that's awesome!!

Groups of concerned rodders are getting together and meetings are being held.

We still need constant Legislator contact from Wisconsin residents, keep it up!! it's working!!

Curt R

loudbang, irishsteve, vwfreek and 6 others like this.
  24. A Boner

A Boner

image.png image.png Getting a meeting with your State Senator or Representative is a good goal for everyone! I'm getting close, and now need to get a group of "level headed hoodlums" together from the Wisconsin 33rd Senatorial District that would be available. Anyone interested who lives in the 33rd District.....let me know.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    46international likes this.
  25. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Count me in. I’m level headed most of the time.

26. A Boner

A Boner

Tim, if you can keep it together for an hour or two, I'll add you to the list!

T&A Flathead likes this.
  27. A Boner

A Boner

Bump for SE WISCONSIN volunteers.

28. I know where I am not moving.:rolleyes: Good Luck!

raven and bonneville bones like this.
  29. 3340

I’m almost positive lack of fenders and bumpers are also a ticket offense in Ohio, haven’t heard of them enforcing lately but they have in the past

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

30. Had a good meeting tonight with a group from on here and now know what we are up against to a point. Have to stick together and see this through. Enjoyed meeting names I can now put a face to.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019