Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Mighty Wiper windshield wiper kit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A Boner, Aug 9, 2019.

1. A Boner

A Boner

image.png Thinking of installing a windshield wiper on the driver side of my 32 3W. Anyone have good luck with the Mighty Wiper brand wiper? Sounds like the taper shaft one is the one to get. The motor is small, and therefore runs at a higher rpm......anyone have a problem with noise or vibration? I would like to locate the wiper shaft in the same location as a stock 32 3W.....anyone have a measurement? Maybe a measurement from the center of the windshield over to the shaft centerline. I'm really going to depend on Rain-X, and mainly installing the wiper for Johnny Law & the NSRA Safety inspection, and would probably use a less expensive Speedway wiper, but they are just too big to fit up there.

HemiDeuce likes this.
  2. swifty

swifty

On 32-5Windows the location of the wiper posts is governed by the holes in the inner sheet metal up in the header area. Don't know about 3W's as they weren't built by Henry so they could be different LOL
    What is your body? Glass or steel?
    I'm interested in the suitability of the Mighty Wiper for my 32-5W.

3. A Boner

A Boner

image.png Tupperware.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  4. I have used the Mighty Wiper on two cars and they work, but Rain X works better,
    and Johnny Law is satisfied as well.

5. tombstone

tombstone
    from sk.canada

126B46B4-58C8-4B85-A86C-C104C94D3E16.jpeg 8D99B73B-87C3-42D6-A925-18FE8E7E9743.jpeg I have a stock 3 window . I have had good luck with the mighty wiper, installed in 2010. I used the tapered shaft . It is quiet and I don’t notice any vibration. Although it is costly it is much better than the “ boat motor” style . If you are using it in a stock 3 window in the stock location you will have to do some minor clearencing on the inner structure . Since my header piece is in place I can’t show the issues. I have a friend with a 5 window and I don’t believe he ran into the same issues, basically bolt in as I recall. From centre of windshield to shaft is approximately 9 inches. One thing I would recommend when you order ,order an extra shaft nut cause it’s a special style and if you’re clumsy like me , and you drop it and lose it while taking it off for whatever reason, you’re hooped. It is a good product ! I have been very pleased with mine .

weeniewawa likes this.
  6. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've used three so far, in three different cars. No complaints.

7. brady1929

brady1929

Some great information here, thanks guys. Will need one for my 5w. Hey a boner, could you please post the part number?

8. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Where are these available ? I have never heard of them.

9. I used those measurements to make a mockup before I ordered it. I cut it from a hunk of wood and used a carriage bolt for the shaft. DSCF4207.JPG it has been in the car and I have used it a few times. I was expecting better but it works.

Johnny Gee and Algoma56 like this.
  10. Speed causes the air hitting the flat windshield to push the wiper up. It will rest against the frame. Slower speeds it will work better. Rainex is a must. Satisfies the inspectors. Most times when I was in the rainI didn't turn mine on. The speed and air hitting the windshield would keep the windshield clear enough to drive safety. Buy extra blades and carry one with you. Wind blast can make them disappear. In 1994 this was the only option I found for a 5 w.

trollst likes this.
  11. Will they work on a '31 Model A windshield ?

12. A Boner

A Boner

They have different part numbers depending on the shaft length....1", 1 1/2", 2", 2 1/2", 3".

13. A Boner

A Boner

14. Budget36

Budget36

Search for Jeep (era 40's to 50's for sure) wiper motor. Small, compact and inexpensive. I've used them often in the past.

15. wayne-o

wayne-o

After being caught in the rain on the road in my roadster especially at night rainex just didn't cut it. I bought one of the Raingear wipers and made it removable. Attaches to the header with two screws and I can plug into cigarette lighter. Couple minute install or remove. Since installing thought I have not had an opportunity to use it. Seems like a quality product and they were helpful when I called with some questions.

16. A Boner

A Boner

Looks very much like the United Pacific universal wiper that Speedway Motors sells!

17. Budget36

Budget36

Guessin about a 1/3 of the cost;)

18. Harold Kellams

Harold Kellams

Has anyone used the wiper motor sold by Speedway? It's a third the price.

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

If you want the best and most effective wiper system for your 3 window that would be Newport Engineering.
    Awesome kit.
    https://newportwipers.com/product/1932-ford-3-window-coupe-original-and-brookville-body/#wiper-motor

20. 35cab

35cab

I have used Mighty Wiper on my 35 Cabriolet, great little wiper and excellent customer service.

21. error404

error404
    from CA

I had one on my 46 Willys, worked great until it didn't. I was using a different arm and blade than what came with it, so I might have put to much stress on the motor. The motor blew it's fuse one day, and then ever since then it would blow the fuse immediately as soon as I put a new one in. I liked it, but it wasn't powerful enough for what I needed :-\