Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I was ask for some help with a 34 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Aug 7, 2019.

1. I'll try to remember and ask if he needs bumpers. HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  2. partssaloon

partssaloon

They used a Oval head slot type screw on that top end. Then the sides bolted to the fenders with regular bolts..

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. I talked to a fellow club member last night and he has had a few 34 Ford in the past and owns a steel one now, he said he would go with me and offer advice, he also agreed with the consensus here that we should start with the rear fenders and work our way forward. HRP

3W JOHN, lothiandon1940 and OLSKOOL57 like this.
  4. Dirk35

Dirk35

You can use a heat gun to help move the shape of the fiberglass if they don't quite line up. You cannot move it much, but it will help to keep from getting spiderweb cracks in the gel coat if you have to force the pieces into position.

Get it too hot to touch with the bare hand, but not so hot that it cooks the resin.

6. If it was a Hiboy the first thing your going to have to do is figure out where all those holes go to bolt the fenders on. Then your going to have to find a place to put all the hair your going to pull out trying to adjust the hood and grill .:):mad::mad::eek:

3W JOHN, da34guy and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  7. What Gary ^^^^^ said about the grill, hood, shell and aprons.

8. I honestly don't see this being much different that adjusting the hood and grille shell on a Deuce, it can be a challenge. HRP

9. I think adjusting a grille and hood on a Deuce can be a challenge, but on a 33-34 you have fenders, inner fender panels, front fender tie , then add the hood and grill. I'll take a Deuce any time fenders or not.:)