Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features "Snoopy" Model A Hot Rod Survivor

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Denns1989, Sep 8, 2014.

1. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Dennis looking great as usual! By the way where did the mobil gas ring I sent you end up? Gary:):)

2. Did you miss this old post ? Been on the shifter since I got it ! Thanks Again :)

3. Snoopy made a 220 mile round trip to attend the St.Ignace MI Car Show this past weekend, by far the largest show in my area. I always find it amusing, I was there for 3 days not one person seemed to know what Snoopy really is, then yesterday when I'm walking out with my bags ready to check out of the hotel, I see a guy studying Snoopy in the parking lot, strike up a conversation and sure enough I found one person who "gets it", I attend shows just to cruise & enjoy other cars, could care less about awards etc. But if I can share some conversation with just one person who "gets it", it really makes my day - It was funny he was puzzled by the car, because it was "period correct" but obviously not a fresh build, his jaw dropped when he got the story :) 20190629_081109.jpg

WC145, Jet96, Woogeroo and 20 others like this.
  4. Saw the car on Saturday, but didn't see you close by. Nice day for a drive and show.

Denns1989 likes this.
  5. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Obviously she ran well! Making the round trip to Deuce Days in a couple weeks which will be the first long distance in my coupe. Guessing you made a few stops along the way to stretch the legs?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 and Denns1989 like this.
  6. I did stop about half way to get US funds at 33% exchange on my way down & duty free beer on my return :) - after an hour the confines of a channled coupe make a little stretch feel good for sure, and yes she ran well indeed !

WC145, Grabea, Jet96 and 19 others like this.
  7. 20190714_084829.jpg 20190714_085711.jpg On my way to a show this morning I realized I would be driving Snoopy through the town where the Model A body was sourced approximately 60 years ago for $15... also got a shot of the "area" where the body came from, don't know the exact house, just what end of town it came from..

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  8. chev34ute

chev34ute

That’s an impressive looking ride.

9. Thanks ! Honoured to be the caretaker :)

10. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

This car is so fantastic. Love seeing all the updates.

Bowtie Coupe and Denns1989 like this.
  11. I love this car and that you are driving it. It amazes me how few people “get it”.

Bowtie Coupe, Denns1989 and 48fordnut like this.
  12. 55zephyr

55zephyr

love it! I just enjoy the driving of mine too. It's great to see it being enjoyed.

Bowtie Coupe and Denns1989 like this.
  13. Thankyou - yes it's quite fascinating, at a recent show a guy was commenting how "it's a hot rod, make it your own" & another guy commented "there are plenty of Model A's that can be made your own, no need to screw up this time capsule" - this guy gets it !

14. Recently while parked at a show I overheard one guy commenting to another what a cool ride Snoopy was, the other guy commented "ya, but he would have had to trailer it here..." not sure what he meant by that... anyways I should have had him over to help clean the bugs off the windshield today :)
    20190731_151228.jpg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    WC145, Jet96, Woogeroo and 10 others like this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Positive Vibes abound huh? Maybe he saw it going to the Jalopy Jam Up a year or so ago...You did trailer it once if my memory serves me right...This Hobby has some real Buttheads in it thats for sure...Should have told him the key in the ignition switch with the foot on the pedal is the trailer...:D

16. Going to Family Days Bike/Car show on Thursday? I'm going to try and make it.

Denns1989 likes this.
  17. Ohh yes, I'll be there, that's why I was washing the bugs off tonight! lol
    Hopefully I'll see you there !

chryslerfan55, dana barlow and Stogy like this.
  18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Save a few in a jar to offer Trailer guy...the Ole Model A's aren't bug friendly that's for sure...here's a new saying..."Bugs or it didn't happen"...:D

Sometimes I end up with bug parts on the T-Shirt after coming thru the open windshield or wacking the aft door frame

Bowtie Coupe, OFT and Denns1989 like this.
  19. Time for a fill up, thought it made a neat picture.. 20190807_174800.jpg

WC145, Grabea, R A Wrench and 16 others like this.
  20. Any pic with "Snoopy" in it wud make a neat pic.:)

Runnin shine and Denns1989 like this.
  21. Ha ha you are too kind, thanks :)

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  22. backrodebob

backrodebob

SWEEEEET! Love the FLATHEAD!! Look'n forward to some pix down the road.....

23. IRION29

IRION29
    from Alberta

Roger that! You wouldn't run it with vintage oil. or a 45 year old battery. Safety upgrades like that are stuff that no one can argue. Speaking of oil, be sure to use stuff with zinc for vintage engines. I knew before I read the first page of posts that this would be lumpy-throat stuff. It just gets better with every page. Best of luck on this amazing journey

24. IRION29

IRION29
    from Alberta

The obsequious use of the "eh" suffix in Canada is bad enough, but to then refer to her as a "rat rod" I have a '29 Tudor highboy painted with rustoleum paint. When people call it a rat rod, it's all I can do to restrain myself from striking them with a hard metal object.

25. IRION29

IRION29
    from Alberta

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  26. IRION29

IRION29
    from Alberta

My first ride was a '63 Merc unibody truck, Canada only, just like Fargo trucks were Canada only,but the U.S. had Plymouth trucks until '41 My '29 Tudor had robertson screws but I changed every one I found. The only place robertson screws belong is in wood or furnace ductwork. I've seen many cars that people used them square-headed bastards, it makes it look like an idiot did the repairs!

Atwater Mike and chryslerfan55 like this.
  27. IRION29

IRION29
    from Alberta

Yep

28. IRION29

IRION29
    from Alberta

uto ele
    Replace it with Painless 12 circuit harness. I'm an idiot when it comes to electrical, but after doing my car, I had a better understanding of auto electrics. Hide the wiring discreetly and no one will ever know, remember fix only as needed, she needs this!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would have embraced the unique attribute of Robertson Fasteners in the Model A as a Proudly Canadian Feature...I'm sure they performed quite efficiently just as their American Counterparts Fasteners...I know I had them in a Model A I owned and it got through its service life to the rusted shell I had without issue...I guess it doesn't matter that a large number of those were actually passed through metal into wood in the Model A Structure...Yeah they were Stupids at Ford Canada...:eek:...I sure hope Jer is okay with those.

I saw some of those just the other day in a 22 T and all the Made in Canada all over that Car was interesting to say the least.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  30. Yep I like the uniqueness of the Robertson fasteners, Snoopy is full of them, & my wife's Model T Fordor has even more of them (not hot rodded) - but I agree, a Phillips or slot looks nicer, especially on trim pieces etc.

chryslerfan55 and dana barlow like this.