Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Question about unknown Holley carb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41woodie, Aug 7, 2019.

1. 41woodie

41woodie

I've been running this carb for over 20 years but have never found a mention of it in any Holley listings. The number on the air horn is 80504 D305. anyone out there have any idea as to it's capacity, spare parts, rebuild kit etc

2. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Give up a picture

Bones

Deuces likes this.
  3. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I'm thinking it's a Ford/Holley from the 80s.
    Ford used a couple numbers on the 5.0 and 460, the carbs worked good until they didn't, they were hard to tune and ajust.
    They're not in Holleys list of carbs but the one for the 460 is a 600 cfm and I'm not sure about the 5.0.

4. onetrickpony

onetrickpony
    from Texas

What Oldioron said. If the idle air adjustments are on the base instead of the side of the metering blocks, it is a OEM Holley.

The adjustments would have been blocked off from the factory but lots of guys knock the plugs out to get to them.
    I had an 84 5.0 Mustang that came with that style carb. It appeared to be a 600 going by the butterflies.

5. Deuces

Deuces

Please post some pictures.... Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  6. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

7. 41woodie

41woodie

8. I'll bet it's a 'service replacement' for the 'factory' Holleys that Ford used in the '80s. These differed from the production line version by not having the sealed idle mixture screws (instead having 'tamper proof' fittings) and using 'generic' float bowls instead of one that would accept factory-style screw-in fuel filters.

It may even be a service replacement for an smog-era Autolite/Motorcraft carb. Ford usually didn't keep these in the service inventory for more than a year or two after production use (generally just enough to take care of any anticipated warranty replacements), after that you got a Holley that was calibrated to mimic the OEM carb.

9. carbking

carbking

At least two possibilities that come to mind:

(1) Marine (for some reason, Holley did not include most marine carbs in the numeric list they sell).
    (2) Aftermarket only available for a short time. Would need to thumb through all of the Holley sales catalogues.

There are lots of Holley numbers NOT in the numeric list. I have several hundred unlisted in my database. In this case, your carb is newer than my interests, so never acquired the newer Holley information to add to my database.

Jon