Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bob Klessig's Ashes at the Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brian Klessig, Aug 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Brian Klessig

Brian Klessig

This is Brian, Bob's son... My wife and several friends made the trip down to the Nationals this week to fulfill one of my Pa's last wishes... spread his ashes at Nationals.
    We plan on gathering where he used to park at 10am tomorrow morning. It is just across the street from the "South Wing" sign on the convention center. See attached pictures for the exact location. If you would like to join in the celebration and even help spread some of Pa please stop by.

Thanks,
    Brian

Attached Files:

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMOBKV3FH.jpg

An Emotional Day @Brian Klessig...May He Rest in Peace...He will be with you all in Spirit I'm sure...Enjoy the Show for him I'm sure he would really like that...

Any chance you are getting Hambified yet Brian...perhaps an Old Vintage Hotrod or Custom down the road?

Regards,
    Stogy

3. Good luck on your gathering @Brian Klessig. You're Dad was a great guy loved by many. He is missed. Rest in Peace Bob! E

loudbang, Deuces, jim snow and 6 others like this.
  4. A fitting tribute to Bob, your dad and I shared the same birthday. HRP

5. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I miss Bob. He was a fine man.

OG lil E, loudbang, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  6. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Brian, I’m sure you already knew this, but your dad was awesome...

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Stogy like this.
    chryslerfan55, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  8. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I didn't know your dad, but judging from the comments so far, I think maybe I wish I had.

God bless your father, Brian. God bless your family.

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Got to meet him at Hershey, Great Guy. He will always be remembered.

Bob

11. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Wow ..... very cool.

Miss my buddy Bob

OG lil E, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  12. Ha. He put some miles in. /\ /\

I psuedo met him at the Roundup ... dropping a hot dog with fixings, on the ground in front of him, and a few of his friends. I, of course picked it up, wiped off its end, and ate the sum b#tch. Your dad was laughing at me. I didn't mind it. It was a cool moment.

Your dad, was THE MAN. Still is. I always lived vicariously through his postings here. Rock star kind of guy, here. God bless you, and your family.

13. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

RIP Bob K

Stogy and OG lil E like this.
  14. jim snow

jim snow

I always followed his road trips. Sure miss them. Rest In Peace Bob. Snowman

ffr1222k and Stogy like this.
  15. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Got to meet him at the Turkey run in Daytona and seen him again at the Detriot autorama the next march.

chryslerfan55, 65pacecar and Stogy like this.
  16. Squablow

Squablow

That's great you were able to do that. Bob is one of my heroes. I've got some of his old stuff I bought at the auction this summer right next to me as I type this and they'll be treasured forever.

chryslerfan55, Thor1 and Stogy like this.
  17. belair

belair

Great guy. Loved his posts. Bob did something not everyone does. He lived.

18. cool remembrance y'all.......good you were able to fulfil his wishes.....my mom on the other hand is still sitting on my brothers mantel .....we don't push it.....

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  19. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Brian , your Dad use to get me and my buddies our rooms at Indy when the Goodguys where at the drag strip. We would see and bullshit with each other a little each year. The last year was the one with the big storms . He had the Vette that year and it rain so much Friday that he said the hell with it and headed for home . We should have follow him. We spent all day Sat sitting underneath the hotel awning stacking beer cans. that was the last year we went. Aside from a wave here and there as he buzzed by in the vert at back to the 50's that was the last time we spoke. He was the hot rodder the rest of us dream of being! RIP Bob! God bless your family. Larry

20. wicarnut

wicarnut

Brian, Your Dad was a Good man that touched many car enthusiast in a positive way, A great Ambassador for the Hobby, all around Good Guy/Fun Guy, I always enjoyed our conversations at shows. He will be missed by many.

21. Brian, I'm sorry I missed this. I would have been proud to be part of the moment. The nats are so big you miss lots of stuff. I'm not on here very much so I was unaware. Your father was my friend and I shall always have good memories of our time together. Best wishes to you and the rest of the family.

22. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

missing bob, but we know hes at a car show!

kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  23. Your Dad was a HAMB hero for a lot of people. I never could figure how he packed so much in to his life.
    I got to meet him once, I think it was at Springfield. He graciously answered my questions about the Chevy, and sent me a spare 49 license guard he had.
    Your honoring him in this way is a perfect tribute.

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I miss Bob's road trip stories a bunch. I missed being able to meet up with him on his trip out here when he was about 70 miles from my house but I had to work.
    I'm another one that picked up a few pieces of Bob K memboralia from that auction. Including the world's rustiest 49 Chevy license plate guard that I intend to play with to fit the 49 Plymouth bumper for my truck.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. 26Troadster

26Troadster

RIP Bob

Stogy likes this.
  26. Glad you could honor his wishes, I wish I could have been there.

Stogy likes this.
  27. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

A great final resting place for a great Hamber

Stogy likes this.
  28. I knew Bob about 20 years before the HAMB existed, we both enjoyed each others smart ass comments to each other. Miss you Bob and funny saying rest in peace, I have a hard time picturing you resting. Sempi Fi

29. God bless Bob and your whole family.

Stogy likes this.
  30. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Bob's up there singin' " I'm still everywhere, man, I'm still everywhere"..