Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Look what followed me home!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 39forddeluxe, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Some guys have all the luck...

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang and Blue One like this.
  2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Plus... "You don't have to know how to drive a 'Stick'."

loudbang likes this.
  3. CONGRATS!!!! I wouldn't change a thing .She's an absolute Beauty!!! If I were to bring that home. My old Jalopies would really be jealous! Keep us posted, and yes more pictures please. Tell the I.R.S. what my wife says. They're not worth anything if you never sell'em. Lol Enjoy, Ron....

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Bitchn' - yep, would be real hard not to put some serious miles on it, after you get used to walking out to the garage and see it sitting there - did much better than a friend of mine a few years back & won a fancy MoPar muscle car from the Goodguys that wasn't quite finished and cost him thousands of dollars to get it road worthy

loudbang likes this.
  5. WOW!!
    Lucky you! That's the best giveaway car ever, IMO.
    Were you the first number called?
    How about sharing a pic of your 39. You thinking about moving it?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    loudbang likes this.
  6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

7. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Nice!! Have fun with it!

loudbang likes this.
  8. Jibs

Jibs

Congratulations! I probably would have had a heart attack.

loudbang likes this.
  9. A once in two lifetimes chance. You must be livin' right.

loudbang and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  10. beater32

beater32

Would love to know the wheel/tyre combo. That's enough to make me want to switch out..

Sent from my ZTE R84 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Good lord... congrats.

loudbang likes this.
  12. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Congratulations.
    That’s actually the third car won by a Hamber.
    Of all the cars I’ve seen as giveaways, yours is definitely the best ever.
    I think my winner comes in as number two.
    I just about died when they called my number.
    You only pay taxes on the accumulation of parts to make the car. No title it’s considered a parts car.
    I believe all said and done I invested a total of 5000 to get it in the road.
    I’d advise you to put that thing on a lift and inspect every nut and bolt on the whole car. I found quite a bit overlooked. Easy to do.

Whiskeyrunner and petejoe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.onlyinyourstate.com/ohio/route-covered-bridges-scenic-drive-oh/amp/

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  13. -Brent-

-Brent-

Congratulations! I hope our comments take a while to get to you because you're out logging miles on the odometer.

loudbang likes this.
  14. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Congrats, I’d be liar if I said I wasn’t a bit envious.

loudbang likes this.
  15. Hope to see it at Shades in Sept.

loudbang likes this.
  16. Wamm

Wamm

I won $2.00 on a scratcher once….Congratulations!! ;)

loudbang likes this.
  17. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Nice that roadster pickup was built by cornhusker rod and custom here in Nebraska

loudbang and Petejoe like this.
  18. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Petejoe,

So these cars come without a title? I hope the OP keeps us informed on his detailed experience of titling this super cool looking "kit" car. I know the procedure varies by state so all of you know it all dmv experts do not need to immediately chime in. Let's simply follow along and enjoy the journey.

loudbang likes this.
  19. Rick, I don't remember who built your but knowing Alan Johnsons work I would be willing to bet everything was gone over before it left his shop.

n the other hand, my fellow club member Ed Brown won a give away car at the Shades of the Past, it was a yellow 32 3 window and after driving it back to the motel we added a oil cooler and started tightening nuts & bolts, some were just finger tight.

Had he tried to drive that car back home through the mountains I don't think he would have mad it, I will say the the SOTP encouraged him to take the car home on a roll back because they worked on the car up until they gave it away. HRP

Petejoe likes this.
  20. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Congratulations on a great win! I had several oportunitys to look the roadster over and it's REALLY a nice car!! Built right, GREAT color, a VERY nice and useable interior, MAYBE a set of proper beauty rings to go with the caps. It screams HOT ROD but whispers, nice comfortable, fun to drive HOT ROD. Bill Rinaldi

loudbang and pprather like this.
  21. Did I ever tell you about my new engine break in service?
    You drop the car off on Sunday and come pick it up again the following Sunday. I guarantee the engine will be nice and loose, making all the traditional rattle, clunk, boink noises.
    It's a very nominal cost but I have occasionally been talked into doing the custom service for free. :)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    loudbang likes this.
  22. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Somebody asked, but was yours the first ticket drawn??
    And congrats. Alan builds top shelf cars!!!!

loudbang likes this.
  23. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool congrad's !

loudbang likes this.
  24. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Wow, no more long nights building your car. I couldn't even win a raffle for a chicken with my luck.

loudbang likes this.
  25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

what is something like that worth? I'd have to sell it.

26. I couldn't afford to build anything that nice, I would enjoy it for as long as I could, the fun I would have in that car doesn't have a price tag!.

Whatever the car is worth will hold a majority it's value on down the road if the time ever comes .

My pal Ed kept the 3 window he won for 5 years and ended up selling it for exactly what the car was appraised at when he won it and he had driven it almost 4000 mile. HRP

27. That car was built at Alan Johnson's Speed Shop back in my old home town. You won't find anything wrong with it. I have been following the build on it on their face book posts. No expense was spared on that car.

loudbang likes this.
  28. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@39forddeluxe , I don't want to be a downer but did you get to talk with the IRS about the win ? I'm sure the government is going to want the taxes on that prize. Probably Tn as well. I have always wondered how all that was handled...….very cool hot rod

loudbang likes this.
  29. Congrats- I was there when they pulled your number-just a little disappointed they didn’t call mine-but very happy for you- and that it had gone to a good home- it’s a very nice car from a premium builder but as others have said- drive it a bit and then take the wrenches to it- everything settles in

loudbang likes this.