Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1937 ford coupe front end assembly diagrams

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by fig1937, Feb 26, 2019.

1. fig1937

fig1937
    from Belton, TX

Gentlemen,

I am wondering if anyone here can point me in the right direction. I recently purchased a 1937 Ford coupe and am currently working on the frame/running gear. The vehicle was disassembled by the previous owner but from what I can tell, all the parts appear to be there. I am looking for any diagrams/exploded view photographs of the front end sheet metal to help me identify parts and to put it back together.
    Would appreciate any assistance.
    Thanks
    Manny

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  2. F&J

F&J

I assume you mean the front suspension pics, as you said frame/running gear?...and not the front sheetmetal like fenders, etc?

This is from a quick web search ...it had no year ID, but it should be at least 1937 and no newer than 38 as it has mechanical brakes
    frontend.gif

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. fig1937

fig1937
    from Belton, TX

Im

4. fig1937

fig1937
    from Belton, TX

Sorry, I should've specified. I need the sheet metal diagrams. I already have the front end done with a 2 inch reverse eye spring, 4 inch dropped axle and split the wishbones/disc brakes.

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Post pictures of the parts and we will tell you where they belong.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  6. 32Stoker

32Stoker

I am looking for the same thing. Any luck?

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

This info would be in the CHASSIS parts catalogs from Ford. Fenders and grill, etc. were there until car bodies became more unified. Body parts really covered only the cabin in 1937.
    You need to find someone with a 1937 edition or a few years onward from that as they produced cumulated editions.
    There is also a 1937 resto book from the club:
    https://shop.efv8.org/collections/ford-books
    I don't have this year, but others in the series have been excellent resources. There is a good chance that the book contains important parts catalog pictures and supplements them with additional detail photos.

Outback and Moriarity like this.
  8. midroad

midroad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is pretty easy to figure out where everything fits. I've never seen a diagram. Maybe in an original parts book. Making it all fit correctly is another thing altogether. We just spent a month lining mine up properly. Be prepared for some cutting and welding. Be patient and you will get there.